collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Three positives of Tim Sherwood being our manager....  (Read 20847 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Three positives of Tim Sherwood being our manager....
« on: February 14, 2015, 04:13:20 PM »
Come on then Dave, Paulie et al I know you can do this. I'll even allow you to have 1. He's not Paul Lambert.

Anyway here's my three....

1. He brought Adebayor in from the cold and got him playing very well last season which is no mean feat and has been beyond many more experienced managers. We need to get Benteke scoring goals if we're to win games in the run in so hopefully he can do the same.

2. He gave Kane and Bentaleb their first opportunities for Spurs last season when they'd been ignored by AVB and both have benefited with excellent form this season so long term wise I'd like to think he can help Grealish and Robinson integrate themselves into the starting 11 although probably not this season given the state we're in.

3. As previously mentioned he had a win or bust strategy at Spurs. We need to win games in the run in so if we get the odd thumping in Manchester (which is compulsory every season) it won't bother me too much.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Three positives of Tim Sherwood being our manager....
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 04:15:13 PM »
I'll give you number 2, but the reason Adebayor liked him was that he didn't make him do anything unreasonable, like train very hard.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 04:19:49 PM »
No need for a new thread.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 04:20:34 PM »
Right, so you were there were you Monty? No, you are assuming. I've heard people who have worked with EA have said he trains hard

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 04:20:51 PM »
4. He is unlikely to be here long. Our board don't mind sacking managers and paying out compensation.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 04:27:39 PM »
He's not Lambert
He's not Hoddle
He's not 'arry

Online Monty

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 04:29:51 PM »
Right, so you were there were you Monty? No, you are assuming. I've heard people who have worked with EA have said he trains hard

I'm just going on what all the Spurs fans say. And Arsenal fans. And Man City fans.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 04:37:18 PM »
If he ever describes us as "excellent" it will be true.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 04:38:25 PM »
He doesn't mind upsetting people.  He won't give Randy such an easy ride as brown-nose Lambo did, or some of our less enthusiastic players.  oh, and he's not TSM.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 04:39:35 PM »
1. Lambert's no longer in charge.
2. Lambert's no longer in charge.
3. Lambert's no longer in charge.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 04:40:59 PM »
He's not Scottish
He does not hate Darren Bent
He turned down Albion

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 04:43:08 PM »
Come on then Dave, Paulie et al I know you can do this...
His 'just fackin' run abaht a bit' shtick should probably be enough to stop us getting relegated.

Until next season.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 04:55:41 PM »

I'm just going on what all the Spurs fans say. And Arsenal fans. And Man City fans.

He said: “I explained last week, he’s nearly ready for selection. He’s training in the last few weeks; his training sessions have been very good.” Said Pochettino a few weeks ago. How many of these fans have watched him train? As I said, you are assuming

Online Monty

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 04:59:20 PM »

He said: “I explained last week, he’s nearly ready for selection. He’s training in the last few weeks; his training sessions have been very good.” Said Pochettino a few weeks ago. How many of these fans have watched him train? As I said, you are assuming

He has a history of being notoriously lazy in training. Doesn't mean he's incapable of training well ever, just that he has previous in this area.

Offline supertom

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 04:59:33 PM »

I don't care how hard Benteke trains if he bangs in 5-10 goals in the last 13 games. Adebayor is of course a lazy bugger, but Sherwood still spotted a gap that EA could fill up top (which Soldado wasn't) and put him in. He was rewarded with a truckload of goals. Whether he was doing as much as some others in training is irrelivant really. John Carew was (apparently) very lazy in training but he was still our top scorer 3 seasons running and was unplayable on his day.

If Tim gets half of what he got from Adebayor from Benteke, or even Gabby too, then we'll stay up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal