collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Now its Our Turn  (Read 3729 times)

Offline danrjfrost

Now its Our Turn
« on: February 13, 2015, 12:24:06 PM »
Long time member here but never really spoke up (everyone else is smarter and funnier than me) but I had something I wanted to say.

There are three problems causing this currently malaise both on and off the field:

1. We have a now disinterested owner who has grown tired of his toy and wants to sell
2. We had a manager who had lost his way and was no longer able to motivate players or recognise how to resolve on field deficiencies
3. A toxic atmosphere at matches caused by Points 1 & 2

Now there is nothing any of us can do about a disinterested owner, we can't force him to suddenly be interested again and as much as we would like it he can't be expected to give up the club for pittance so for this there is no end in sight. The club have done the one thing they could do and sacked the manager (arguably much later than they should have) and so we have a chance now at saving our season.

Which brings us to the fans, no one could possible blame us fans for a bad atmosphere considering the tripe that has been offered for our 'entertainment' this season but now is the time to focus on supporting the players and the new manager when he comes in. Whether that manager is Tim Sherwood, Glenn Hoddle, Jurgen Klinsmann (my choice) or any of the other possibles we MUST get behind him regardless of our opinions, now is not the time to continue our protests against the owner or manager as it will do nothing but harm the club, this team needs galvanising and we have to play a part in that.

When Villa Park is rocking there are few better places to be and many of our players have never even experienced it at its best. Lets give them an arena to thrive in, the protests can wait till another time, right now the entire club all needs to pull out of this mess and if the owner isn't willing to pull his share then we have to make up for it in the only way we know how, unrelenting support.

Sorry Speech Over
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 12:26:36 PM by danrjfrost »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Now its Our Turn
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 12:54:39 PM »
Welcome to the site.

For my part, I'll happily get behind whoever we appoint, even if I'm not overly-convinced by the appointment.

The only exceptions would be those who I consider to be vile, reprehensible, human brings. I don't think I could bring myself to cheer on a team managed by, say, Hoddle or Di Nazio.

Someone like Sherwood wouldn't get me very excited but I'd give him a chance.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 01:13:38 PM »
Not sure the atmosphere's ever been "toxic" a la Bolton under TSM.

More just "resigned".

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 01:16:17 PM »
I think the Villa faithful will be well up for this but deflation now comes easily after so many years of dross.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 01:20:31 PM »
You're spot on  Danrjfrost, we can all play a huge part in turning this into quite a season.  UTV.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 01:43:09 PM »
Welcome to the site.  The atmosphere under Lambert has been, bearing in mind the magnitude and number and frequency of his blunders, very tolerant. I can think of no other club which would have put up with him for so long. Sacked Villa managers in the past got much shorter shrift. I do not have the least doubt that Villa Park will get behind the team and the new manager whoever he might be.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 02:00:35 PM »
It wasn't even toxic or that bad at hull the other night. More cold, bored and in disbelief really.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 02:02:28 PM »
My simplistic take on it is this.  If you genuinely care about the Villa, and relegation would cause you upset, then you should seriously think about doing your bit and get along to as many games as you can.  Be vocal, give them all your support and urge them on.  Then, if the worst did happen you can say you did your bit; I have a strong dislike for people who moan and complain but don't pull their weight in  terms of attending games.  If it bothers you, do something to help.

Offline danrjfrost

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 02:04:34 PM »
Perhaps toxic was the wrong word however the atmosphere has been far from healthy. I agree Lambert and the team have been afforded far more time than they deserve and it is only really this season where the atmosphere has turned.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 02:09:04 PM »
I think the faithful at VP have been worn down buy a succession of awful seasons of football and timid leadership on and off the pitch.

Be interesting to see the crowds reaction on Sunday.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 02:29:49 PM »
I haven't bothered going to any of the Cup games this season as i considered it a waste of hard earned after renewing my season ticket and
once again watching complete and utter dross this season, having said that with the news Tuesday afternoon i was up with the lark on Wednesday morn
with a spring in my step and a gallop to VP ticket office and a purchase of a ticket for the Cup game on Sunday....my dander has been raised and am
once again up for the fight to survive.....to whom whoever gets the job you have my support, just improve the dross is all i ask!!!

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 02:50:45 PM »
Perhaps toxic was the wrong word however the atmosphere has been far from healthy. I agree Lambert and the team have been afforded far more time than they deserve and it is only really this season where the atmosphere has turned.

'flat' would be a better word. a trip to villa park has been a joyless experience for a number of years now.

although there are individuals who have been absolutely battered by the crowd. joe bennett and matt lowton spring to mind, they've both had their confidence wrecked by the boo-boys. weimann is another who has retreated into himself.

i hope we get villa park bouncing for the last 7 league games of the season. all those games are winnable.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 02:58:31 PM »
Well Incester are bringing 6000+ so should be a decent atmosphere

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 03:33:22 PM »
Welcome and you should post more often. We can all point fingers and blame the lack of atmosphere at VP and cite one or more of the following excuses/reasons:-
- Premier league and the lack of level playing field competition
- all seater stadium
- the dross we have been served up over the last 3 plus years
- the disengagement generally of the players from supporters
- the lack of blood and guts heroes in the mould of Withe, Cowans etc who you felt putting the Villa shirt was an honour and therefore displayed passion and commitment.
- an apathy generally at VP in complete opposite to the support the team have enjoyed at away games.

I am going to really get behind the team on Sunday, as I have been guilty of being one of the quiet majority and in return I expect a degree of pride and professionalism to come from the players. I think it will be a good day.

Offline levico

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 03:37:11 PM »
Actually it's fortuitous that we have a cup game this weekend. It gives the club chance to get a manager in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal