collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Who Stays and Who Goes  (Read 2298 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Who Stays and Who Goes
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 11:33:31 AM »
I think a fair few would stay. That's assuming the club don't want to sell them. I'd fancy that Guzan and Delph would stay for a season in the little leagues as an example.

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 11:38:16 AM »
With the need to find out the routes to places such as Brighton and Rotherham becoming less of a fear and more of a certainty, should the inevitable happen and Lambert relegates us, who out of the current squad will stick around?

Also, given what's left, is that enough and would we spend the stock £7million over the summer and would that make a difference?

Personally I think the following will go, some because their contract expires;

Vlaar
Cleverley
Guzan
Delph
Benteke
Sinclair
Given
Bent

There may be others and it is a case of how badly do we need to move others on.

I think Kozak would do well in the second division as he finds space. His game isn't about pace. Two touch Westwood would get more room and do ok, but we would need two wide men and two strikers as Gabby and Andi aren't up to it, while the midfield would be ok defensively if we retain Sanchez. Gil may well go, but if we kept him, he would murder that league.

Basically what we're left with isn't that bad, but I am hoping we would do a Newcastle and the fear is that Lambert would still be in charge.

Your veiled optimisim is getting me excited about which palyers I will be watching at Bolton, Huddersfiled, Rotherham ......

Reaches for the prozac!!!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:50:03 PM by preston28 »

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 11:40:12 AM »
How f##king depressing

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 11:51:01 AM »
Vlaar
Cleverley
Benteke
Bent

Would all be gone for sure.

Sinclair might hang around if he feels wanted. He was happy enough to play at that level for Swansea. Delph would leave if there is some sort of clause in his new deal that lets him walk out if we're relegated like Demba Ba had at West Ham (which wouldn't be a huge surprise given how unexpected it was that he signed)

I'm not sure Cissokho would go. Where would he be going to? I can't imagine we've not put relegation clauses in his contract (so his wages would be fine) and he's not been so good as to think that loads of teams would want to snap him up.

I don't think Guzan would kick up a fuss about staying. Again, he's played at that level before, will be on manageable wages and I can't see any club coming in for him who would pay what we would ask for. He's probably not going to be on ManYoo's radar when de Gea goes to Madrid or anything.

Sanchez and Gil are two that I could imagine other clubs being interested in picking up based on what they have shown thus far.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 12:03:46 PM »
Spot on Dave.

Would love to keep Gil, and then you need a couple of players who know that league and have leadership skills. Rickie Lambert is ideal actually.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 12:13:41 PM »
I do not think the problem will be holding on to players, the problem will be getting rid.
We will be paying wages that will be unsustainable.
This is why PL teams struggle to get back up.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 12:16:33 PM »
I do not think the problem will be holding on to players, the problem will be getting rid.
We will be paying wages that will be unsustainable.
I'm not too worried about that. When we started the process of buying cheaper players I can't imagine that they didn't have relegation clauses in them.

Obviously we're still lumbered with the likes of Given and N'Zogbia from earlier times, but people like Okore, Kozak, Sanchez, Weimann, Westwood, Guzan etc are bound to see a wage drop if we were in the Championship.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 12:19:53 PM »
And very few are on big Premier League wages. There's probably only Given, Zog, Benteke, Delph and Gabby at the 50K mark.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal