collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: So what can the fans do?  (Read 8466 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: So what can the fans do?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 09:48:58 PM »
One thing we won't tolerate is insulting other fans. If anyone does, expect to be taking an extended break from the site. That includes insulting or getting digs in at fans who won't protest or boycott etc.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 09:49:41 PM »
Stop going. It is the only message that will make any difference. Gates go down by 50% in a month and there will be change.

It needs to be more obvious than that. Make it an empty stadium on Sunday in the home end. Unfortunately, there will be those 'better' fans who will always want to attend but they would probably  accept there wife's shagging someone else behind their backs

The media need to start questioning Lambert based on our own displeasure. He gets off scott free every f in week

When they take their tongues out of the super duper sky 3, they are generally quite critical and say we deserve more

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 09:51:13 PM »
Pretty weak blaming the fans.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 09:51:54 PM »
Getting a couple of hundred noisy fans to Villa Park tomorrow would be a big news story and if Lambert, as I expect, survives even this, would send a message that those few hundred are backed by 50,000 who want this clown out.
Sherwood could be in place for our next league game then we would at least have a chance.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 09:52:06 PM »
Stop going. It is the only message that will make any difference. Gates go down by 50% in a month and there will be change.

It needs to be more obvious than that. Make it an empty stadium on Sunday in the home end. Unfortunately, there will be those 'better' fans who will always want to attend but they would probably  accept there wife's shagging someone else behind their backs

The media need to start questioning Lambert based on our own displeasure. He gets off scott free every f in week

When they take their tongues out of the super duper sky 3, they are generally quite critical and say we deserve more

Lambert gets away with it time and time again given his record.

Empty stadiums create some media interest, far more than losing 2 nil to Hull

Offline Archie

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 09:54:15 PM »
In years gone by Villa fans have been accused of being fickle. It was maybe the DOL comment or our midland rivals just talking shite as usual.

However, I just cant believe we have seemingly accepted our great club is being torn apart by firstly the owner and secondly, Lambert. There has been no protest, no booing after the game, no Lambert out chanting, no protest banners

I also see this supine attitude of the fans,  and I wonder why.
In Italy fans would have done the revolution, boycitting the stadium, the shop., etc., for much less than this atrocius series of atrocius goalless games.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 09:54:31 PM »
Lerner wants to sell but hasn't got a buyer so no point with any Lerner Out stuff. We can't protest regarding spending money because the window has shut. The only thing we can do is protest against the manager. Which I sense is coming to a ground near us very soon.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 09:54:40 PM »
If enough people have still got them, can we organise either a mass return or a mass cremation of the 'Proud History Bright Future' scarves?

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 09:54:48 PM »
Sundays game is too soon in advance and many people have already bought tickets. The best game to do a boycott would be Stoke. Season ticket holders would only miss one game, not many people will have bought tickets anyway. There will always be the odd few who will refuse to boycott, but a crowd of under 10,000 would really send out a message

I don't think it would happen though, not enough people would be willing to do it

Offline bob rowe

• Benito's Headband
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 09:55:16 PM »
Read Children Of The Revolution & follow my generations lead. Villa were in a terrible state in the late 60s but we forced change eventually.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 09:56:14 PM »
Pretty weak blaming the fans.

Do nothing and accept your clubs fate then

What do you suggest then?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 09:58:30 PM »
Getting a couple of hundred noisy fans to Villa Park tomorrow would be a big news story and if Lambert, as I expect, survives even this, would send a message that those few hundred are backed by 50,000 who want this clown out.
Sherwood could be in place for our next league game then we would at least have a chance.

Unfortunately a few hundred doesn't send out a message that they are backed by 50,000, even though in this case they probably are. Not sure why you are such a Sherwood fan. Although I do think he would shake things up I'm not sure he is the answer.

Offline Loxton01

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 09:59:26 PM »
Did anyone get a response to emailing Tom Fox?

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 09:59:30 PM »
Read Children Of The Revolution & follow my generations lead. Villa were in a terrible state in the late 60s but we forced change eventually.

Read it and loved it

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2015, 10:01:26 PM »
Hopefully in a transatlantic call Randy is telling Fox to flick the coin.

Get Laudrup in before QPR

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal