collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: So what can the fans do?  (Read 8437 times)

Offline Rudy65

So what can the fans do?
« on: February 10, 2015, 09:31:17 PM »
In years gone by Villa fans have been accused of being fickle. It was maybe the DOL comment or our midland rivals just talking shite as usual.

However, I just cant believe we have seemingly accepted our great club is being torn apart by firstly the owner and secondly, Lambert. There has been no protest, no booing after the game, no Lambert out chanting, no protest banners. Why not?  Have we all become nonchalant and apathetic about the last 12 months?

Im not sure what it will take. No turning up to Sundays game, boycotting the next home league game? What should we do?

Lerner and Fox treat us like idiots. Do they realise how absolutely sick and tired we are of all this shit. After all we consistently turn up en masse at VP.

We have just for to do something. We have just accepted mediocrity, and when I say 'we' I include myself.

What the f can we do to get Lerner to see sense and as a first step sack Lambert.

As things stand we are DEFINITELY going down

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
Re: So what can the fans do?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 09:32:59 PM »
I'm not sure what the fans can do, but the whole line of argument of "we've got to support the team" is nonsense, it's not exactly done us any good up to now.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 09:36:42 PM »
I keep reading that 'the fans don't deserve this'. Which is true, they don't. But they choose to give a fuck about football, and this exactly what happens in football. Do people who care about Burnley or Leicester deserve it any more?

richtheholtender

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 09:38:04 PM »
I don't know, but clapping that shower isn't going to help.

Offline villainjock

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 09:39:55 PM »
can I just suggest, the boycott of everything inside villa park. programs,food, drink and everything in the villa shops.the club think we have no power but I could almost guarantee, if everyone got involved,the club would think twice, but it would have to be virtually everyone. you could still buy your tickets and support the lads.once they start losing hundreds of thousands of pounds, they have to try and get that money back.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 09:41:07 PM »
Stop going. It is the only message that will make any difference. Gates go down by 50% in a month and there will be change.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 09:41:10 PM »
I keep reading that 'the fans don't deserve this'. Which is true, they don't. But they choose to give a fuck about football, and this exactly what happens in football. Do people who care about Burnley or Leicester deserve it any more?

Yes, but as fans we are going down without a whimper. Not one iota of protest. We will look back on this, when we are in the championship and bitterly regret not protesting more

Offline magicsam

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 09:41:40 PM »
In years gone by Villa fans have been accused of being fickle. It was maybe the DOL comment or our midland rivals just talking shite as usual.

However, I just cant believe we have seemingly accepted our great club is being torn apart by firstly the owner and secondly, Lambert. There has been no protest, no booing after the game, no Lambert out chanting, no protest banners. Why not?  Have we all become nonchalant and apathetic about the last 12 months?

Im not sure what it will take. No turning up to Sundays game, boycotting the next home league game? What should we do?

Lerner and Fox treat us like idiots. Do they realise how absolutely sick and tired we are of all this shit. After all we consistently turn up en masse at VP.

We have just for to do something. We have just accepted mediocrity, and when I say 'we' I include myself.

What the f can we do to get Lerner to see sense and as a first step sack Lambert.

I'm not in the best of moods, I don't need anybody telling me it's my fault.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:28:27 AM by magicsam »

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 09:43:48 PM »
If you are that angry, pay the joining fee and go to the Villa supporters trust AGM. Hired fuck wit Tox Fox will be there with his corporate nonsense talk.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 09:44:51 PM »
Stop going. It is the only message that will make any difference. Gates go down by 50% in a month and there will be change.

It needs to be more obvious than that. Make it an empty stadium on Sunday in the home end. Unfortunately, there will be those 'better' fans who will always want to attend but they would probably  accept there wife's shagging someone else behind their backs

The media need to start questioning Lambert based on our own displeasure. He gets off scott free every f in week

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 09:45:00 PM »

Oh fuck off.

If you want to stay posting on here for any extended period of time I would suggest changing your posting style.

Offline magicsam

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 09:45:49 PM »
I don't get it, somehow we are to blame for whats going on. what are we supposed to do?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:55:01 PM by magicsam »

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 09:46:13 PM »

Oh fuck off.

Ok, so do as youve done the last 12 months. Sob in a corner and do f all. See you at the sty next season

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 09:47:52 PM »

The likes of Burnley and Leicester are new to the league, they are given some leeway in that respect. When it happens to clubs who consistently punch well below their weight  then you can make a case for "they don't deserve it"

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 09:48:14 PM »
One thing we won't tolerate is insulting other fans. If anyone does, expect to be taking an extended break. That includes insulting or getting digs in at fans who won't protest or boycott etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal