collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Chief Commercial Officer  (Read 5737 times)

Offline exigo

Re: New Chief Commercial Officer
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2015, 04:15:08 PM »
Maybe he'll get sponsors to buy their way onto the bench each week as assistant manager.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2015, 04:19:28 PM »
He had to have "rat" in his name didn't he!!

I thought rats deserted a sinking ship.

Sacked by Spurs for not meeting their sponsorship targets after just over a year.

We know how arrogant Tottenham are. Levy probably expected him to be bringing in the sort of deals Man United and Real Madrid were getting.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2015, 04:54:31 PM »
I'm sure stand sponsoring will be one of his priorities.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2015, 05:06:43 PM »
Storied club? 

I think that is appropriate. A synonym for storied is legendary or fabled which we are. We are a historically significant club even if your most recent history isn't the most glamorous.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2015, 05:16:19 PM »
New tv deal over 5 billion. Utter madness. And underlines the desperate need to remain in the division sadly.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2015, 05:33:02 PM »
More worried about commercial revenue than the product on the pitch. One comes before the other, you can't market a piece of crap.

You cannot make this stuff up.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2015, 05:36:11 PM »
make what up? That we recruited a person to make us better in the long run financially. That sounds awful.

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2015, 05:43:07 PM »
New tv deal over 5 billion. Utter madness. And underlines the desperate need to remain in the division sadly.

From Sporting Intelligence (I have no idea if they know what they're talking about, but…)

Estimated upshot: from 2016-17 season, BOTTOM club in PL will get c. £99 million prize money. And top club will get £156 Million. Blimey.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2015, 05:44:52 PM »
The fact that we've been without an assistant for months and are in absolutely awful form, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be questioning an appointment for a position whose success will be largely down to what division we're in next year.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2015, 06:00:19 PM »
I'm sure stand sponsoring will be one of his priorities.

If I was to invest in stand sponsorship other than renaming the Holte End which I don't think will ever happen, I'd want a stand where aways fans sit, thus creating wider brand awareness. I don't see us renaming the Witton Lane Stand and I can't see us moving the away fans back to the North Stand, so I'm not sure how it could be one of his priorities.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2015, 06:00:43 PM »
More worried about commercial revenue than the product on the pitch. One comes before the other, you can't market a piece of crap.

You cannot make this stuff up.

So because we're not doing well on the pitch and they don't want to sack Lambert no work be should be undertaken to improve the non-footballing aspects of the club.

This is like when Gabby signed a new contract early in the year before Delph and Grealish. It might not be top of the list, but why would it mean the club are only undertaking one thing at a time.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2015, 06:31:43 PM »
make what up? That we recruited a person to make us better in the long run financially. That sounds awful.

We've been trying to penny pinch and monitor every dollar spent and saved for the past 5 years! Solidifying long term finances and marketing strategies with an outgoing owner is semantics at this point in his reign. He's out the door in the near future and whoever comes in is going to set up their own Board.

We've got bigger fish to fry. Expanding the Villa's popularity in Asia and America is small potatoes when you can't score a goal and are clinging to straws in order to stay in the league.. and praying before bed to beat feckin Hull and Leicester.

We brought in Tom Fox who should be more than capable of giving the club a direction. We still have no assistant manager, the search for a Director of Football continues and our own manager is one of the most guarded underachievers in all of sport.

With the current windfall of TV money there is little importance in searching for even more revenue. Randy went back on his morals saying he would not allow of gambling sponsor on our shirt and continues to search for new commercial ventures. But there's one problem with it all, PERFORMANCE ON THE PITCH MATTERS MORE.

Fix what is broken.

Offline Boz

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2015, 06:40:01 PM »

We've been trying to penny pinch and monitor every dollar spent and saved for the past 5 years! Solidifying long term finances and marketing strategies with an outgoing owner is semantics at this point in his reign. He's out the door in the near future and whoever comes in is going to set up their own Board.

We've got bigger fish to fry. Expanding the Villa's popularity in Asia and America is small potatoes when you can't score a goal and are clinging to straws in order to stay in the league.. and praying before bed to beat feckin Hull and Leicester.

We brought in Tom Fox who should be more than capable of giving the club a direction. We still have no assistant manager, the search for a Director of Football continues and our own manager is one of the most guarded underachievers in all of sport.

With the current windfall of TV money there is little importance in searching for even more revenue. Randy went back on his morals saying he would not allow of gambling sponsor on our shirt and continues to search for new commercial ventures. But there's one problem with it all, PERFORMANCE ON THE PITCH MATTERS MORE.

Fix what is broken.

Right on the button.

Villa is a football club and revenue will follow success on the pitch. If we're not successful and are relegated, our new commercial officer will have his job cut out to increase revenues in the Championship when compared to what the club would have received by jut being in the Premiership.

Fox get your priorities right.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2015, 07:04:37 PM »
The priorities are the finances, not the fans. I hope the club realises and gives a shit about the divide they are currently creating with the fans. Somehow, I see this as them giving even less of a shit. I hope I'm wrong. I also agree with the fix the team comments, has to start with pride in the team and getting rid of our current comedic reputation.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2015, 07:58:33 PM »
Reading between the lines, I think Randy has effectively delegated control to Fox, and in-turn, Fox is establishing a layer of senior management below him.  Whilst it is not most people's priority, I think the structure he is building will be more appealing to managers (and consequently attract a better quality of candidate) than the void of power which we had previously: a non-comitted Randy with Faulkner as his yes man. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal