collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa v Chelsea views wanted for Chelsea site  (Read 10267 times)

Offline Andy Lochhead

Re: Villa v Chelsea views wanted for Chelsea site
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2015, 07:29:04 PM »
All very honest replies. I can understand the ill feeling towards Chelsea. If I had not supported them since 1969 I would no doubt feel the same.

What I would like to say is that Aston Villa are a great old club and I wish them well this season.

Thanks again for the replies which I will use.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2015, 07:31:54 PM »
What were your expectations before the season started? 

I thought we'd most likely struggle but was hoping for a relatively comfortable mid-table, or at least to be mathematically safe by the end of April for a change.

When Villa came to Stamford Bridge in late September you were in 3rd place, three points off the top.) Why have Villa fallen away so much?

Due to being a poor team managed by an abysmal manager.

Can you see Villa getting out of their present difficulties?

Depends what you mean. Short-term we could scrape our way clear of relegation given a change of approach (and manager). Long-term we need a change of ownership (sadly, as I like Randy Lerner and bought into his dreams for the club), fresh ideas for how to increase revenue and a substantial cash injection (although that's unlikely... see below) to get back to the sort of level we aspire to (top six).

Are you still behind Paul Lambert?

I'd only be behind him if I was holding a dagger.

Any Villa v Chelsea games that stick in your mind?

I think I enjoyed last year's victory the best. In my early years watching Villa, we'd expect to beat a no-mark club like Chelsea and I struggle to remember very many of them any more than I remember matches against the Lutons and the Southamptons of this World. Throughout the late nineties and 2000s,  I'd always thought we had a chance even in seasons in which you were clearly better than us. In the last few years we've been so atrocious that a victory against you felt almost as unlikely as it must've felt to visiting Bradford fans the other week. I was delighted to beat you. The fact that it cost you the title and Mourinho couldn't stop moaning about it for months on end made it all the sweeeter.

Any thoughts on Chelsea in general?

Ads has pretty much summed up my feelings but still...

Quite simply, Chelsea are the most revolting club there has ever been.

Nothing more than a Millwall that happened to win the Lottery (twice), they have no class and no redeeming features whatsoever.

Their supporters can, generally, be divided into two classes.

Firstly, the London fans. Those that boast of having been Chelsea fans prior to the great theft of Russia's resources by a handful of unelected hatchet men without scruples. The fact that they have probably more "hoolie" books than any other club tells its own story. These are the sort of people that liked to attack people for having the temerity to support a different team then boasted about it afterwards. They were Chavs before Chavs were invented.

While most hooligan groups are populated by wasters and scumbags, Chelsea's is almost certainly the vilest in England. Perpetually associated with the far right, they were at least equal-opportunities racists, booing their own black players as well as the opposition's. It's no coincidence that when the BBC were after a group of right-wing scumbag hooligans to film, they chose Chelsea's. They didn't disappoint, being among the large numbers of Chelsea fans to perform the Nazi salute at a European away game, attending a march in favour of Loyalist terrorists and even boasting of taking pictures of themselves Sieg-Heiling at Auschwitz.

Of course, you could say this was just a coincidence and most Chelsea fans aren't racist, but your captain is a dead giveaway, isn't he? We, at Villa, take pride in our club's refusal to perform a salute for Hitler when we toured Nazi Germany (unlike the England national team). You take pride that you refused to strip a racist of the captaincy (unlike the England national team).

Moving on to the non-London fans, of course there are plenty of glory-hunting bellends who follow you too. We all know the sort. A social inadequate, unloved by his family, with no real friends, desperately seeking a vicarious claim to reflected glory by following a bunch of ne'er-do-wells who have bought success on a previously unprecedented scale. They probably had a neglected childhood and have a cupboard full of old Man United and Liverpool shirts. Very soon there will be Man City ones in there too.

Regarding the actual team, there is, again, little to like. With the sheer money spent you should at least be good to watch. In fact, with the oil billions you should be capable of playing the most wondrous football ever seen. We'd still dislike you but would, at least, have a grudging admiration for your talents and swashbuckling style.

But... you don't. You grind out results, celebrate nil-nil draws away from home against rivals that cost a fraction of your squad, then you moan like crazy every time some assembled-on-a-shoestring visiting team refuses to capitulate and actually tries to defend against you. John Terry is a contemptible racist who has shown no remorse for his actions or for his other, previous, criminality. He epitomises all that people hate about Chelsea. Costa is a cheating thug. Most of the rest of your players collapse to the ground at the merest hint of an opponent.  I don't really despise Man City. I despise Chelsea.

The manager is also a prick of the highest order. Never with a positive word to say about any other side, he habitually blames referees every time his team lose. He was still whingeing about the Villa defeat about six months later, conveniently overlooking the numerous officiating blunders which benefited his team in the previous encounter at Stamford Bridge Shopping Centre. He is, so far as I know, the only manager to bully a referee into retirement. He also failed to back down even when typical scumbag Chelsea fans were sending death threats to said official.

Not only did they their place in the elite, forever removing any possibility of genuine "competition", they have campaigned for rules to stop any club doing likewise via the laughably-named "Financial Fair Play" rules. They've gone from a Yo-Yo club to a club which looks on "just" winning the FA Cup as a failed season, then pulled up the drawbridge after them by seeking to ensure that no would-be Abramovich can ever make his club competitive again.

In summary, Chelsea are just fuckin' 'orrible. A pox on them and all their houses.

How do you see Saturday’s game going, with a score prediction?

Badly. I predict the home club will score zero and the visiting side will score more than zero.

Just put any views on this board and I'll pop back tomorrowish.

Thank you

You're welcome, scumbag. ;-)

Offline Damo70

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2015, 07:32:52 PM »
I was hoping to avoid yet another relegation battle. That's working out well.

We always knew we were in a false position at the start of the season. I was counting the first ten points as a head start in the relegation battle.

Amazingly I think that yet again we will be lucky enough to find three teams even worse than us.

Would you be?

My first Villa/Chelsea game. 4-2 just after you came up in '84.

Almost two different clubs. Old school/new school fans. I like you when you beat Manchester United and Birmingham (remember them?).

We will get nil. The rest is up to you.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2015, 07:33:21 PM »
All very honest replies. I can understand the ill feeling towards Chelsea. If I had not supported them since 1969 I would no doubt feel the same.

What I would like to say is that Aston Villa are a great old club and I wish them well this season.

Thanks again for the replies which I will use.

A friend and colleague says similar. He has supported Chelsea since the 1960s and is sick of the bandwaggoners.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2015, 07:37:52 PM »
....and breath

Offline Kevin Dawson

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2015, 07:53:32 PM »
T
What were your expectations before the season started? 

I thought we'd most likely struggle but was hoping for a relatively comfortable mid-table, or at least to be mathematically safe by the end of April for a change.

When Villa came to Stamford Bridge in late September you were in 3rd place, three points off the top.) Why have Villa fallen away so much?

Due to being a poor team managed by an abysmal manager.

Can you see Villa getting out of their present difficulties?

Depends what you mean. Short-term we could scrape our way clear of relegation given a change of approach (and manager). Long-term we need a change of ownership (sadly, as I like Randy Lerner and bought into his dreams for the club), fresh ideas for how to increase revenue and a substantial cash injection (although that's unlikely... see below) to get back to the sort of level we aspire to (top six).

Are you still behind Paul Lambert?

I'd only be behind him if I was holding a dagger.

Any Villa v Chelsea games that stick in your mind?

I think I enjoyed last year's victory the best. In my early years watching Villa, we'd expect to beat a no-mark club like Chelsea and I struggle to remember very many of them any more than I remember matches against the Lutons and the Southamptons of this World. Throughout the late nineties and 2000s,  I'd always thought we had a chance even in seasons in which you were clearly better than us. In the last few years we've been so atrocious that a victory against you felt almost as unlikely as it must've felt to visiting Bradford fans the other week. I was delighted to beat you. The fact that it cost you the title and Mourinho couldn't stop moaning about it for months on end made it all the sweeeter.

Any thoughts on Chelsea in general?

Ads has pretty much summed up my feelings but still...

Quite simply, Chelsea are the most revolting club there has ever been.

Nothing more than a Millwall that happened to win the Lottery (twice), they have no class and no redeeming features whatsoever.

Their supporters can, generally, be divided into two classes.

Firstly, the London fans. Those that boast of having been Chelsea fans prior to the great theft of Russia's resources by a handful of unelected hatchet men without scruples. The fact that they have probably more "hoolie" books than any other club tells its own story. These are the sort of people that liked to attack people for having the temerity to support a different team then boasted about it afterwards. They were Chavs before Chavs were invented.

While most hooligan groups are populated by wasters and scumbags, Chelsea's is almost certainly the vilest in England. Perpetually associated with the far right, they were at least equal-opportunities racists, booing their own black players as well as the opposition's. It's no coincidence that when the BBC were after a group of right-wing scumbag hooligans to film, they chose Chelsea's. They didn't disappoint, being among the large numbers of Chelsea fans to perform the Nazi salute at a European away game, attending a march in favour of Loyalist terrorists and even boasting of taking pictures of themselves Sieg-Heiling at Auschwitz.

Of course, you could say this was just a coincidence and most Chelsea fans aren't racist, but your captain is a dead giveaway, isn't he? We, at Villa, take pride in our club's refusal to perform a salute for Hitler when we toured Nazi Germany (unlike the England national team). You take pride that you refused to strip a racist of the captaincy (unlike the England national team).

Moving on to the non-London fans, of course there are plenty of glory-hunting bellends who follow you too. We all know the sort. A social inadequate, unloved by his family, with no real friends, desperately seeking a vicarious claim to reflected glory by following a bunch of ne'er-do-wells who have bought success on a previously unprecedented scale. They probably had a neglected childhood and have a cupboard full of old Man United and Liverpool shirts. Very soon there will be Man City ones in there too.

Regarding the actual team, there is, again, little to like. With the sheer money spent you should at least be good to watch. In fact, with the oil billions you should be capable of playing the most wondrous football ever seen. We'd still dislike you but would, at least, have a grudging admiration for your talents and swashbuckling style.

But... you don't. You grind out results, celebrate nil-nil draws away from home against rivals that cost a fraction of your squad, then you moan like crazy every time some assembled-on-a-shoestring visiting team refuses to capitulate and actually tries to defend against you. John Terry is a contemptible racist who has shown no remorse for his actions or for his other, previous, criminality. He epitomises all that people hate about Chelsea. Costa is a cheating thug. Most of the rest of your players collapse to the ground at the merest hint of an opponent.  I don't really despise Man City. I despise Chelsea.

The manager is also a prick of the highest order. Never with a positive word to say about any other side, he habitually blames referees every time his team lose. He was still whingeing about the Villa defeat about six months later, conveniently overlooking the numerous officiating blunders which benefited his team in the previous encounter at Stamford Bridge Shopping Centre. He is, so far as I know, the only manager to bully a referee into retirement. He also failed to back down even when typical scumbag Chelsea fans were sending death threats to said official.

Not only did they their place in the elite, forever removing any possibility of genuine "competition", they have campaigned for rules to stop any club doing likewise via the laughably-named "Financial Fair Play" rules. They've gone from a Yo-Yo club to a club which looks on "just" winning the FA Cup as a failed season, then pulled up the drawbridge after them by seeking to ensure that no would-be Abramovich can ever make his club competitive again.

In summary, Chelsea are just fuckin' 'orrible. A pox on them and all their houses.

How do you see Saturday’s game going, with a score prediction?

Badly. I predict the home club will score zero and the visiting side will score more than zero.

Just put any views on this board and I'll pop back tomorrowish.

Thank you

You're welcome, scumbag. ;-)

This.....I feel sorry for their 'proper' fans, that have been there through thick and thin, but to be associated with one of the clubs that has created the status quo and killed the opportunities of other clubs must grate a little, despite the trophies they've won in the last few years. Won't forget the arrogance of their fans in London at the FA Cup semi either.....they just sum up everything that's wrong with football. And as for that racist vile thug Terry....

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2015, 08:07:22 PM »
I would just like to say Charlie Cooke and Alan Hudson were very good footballers. Hudson in fact was a brilliant footballer....who didn't cheat!

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2015, 08:26:11 PM »
Thank you for spelling Lochhead correctly. However you did employ the rarely used and in my opinion an unacceptably short version of his name.
In fact `Andy Lochhead In The Air` is itself an abridged form of his full name and title which is `Andy Andy Lochhead In The Air In The Air`.

Offline Ron Manager

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2015, 08:31:18 PM »
Thank you for spelling Lochhead correctly. However you did employ the rarely used and in my opinion an unacceptably short version of his name.
In fact `Andy Lochhead In The Air` is itself an abridged form of his full name and title which is `Andy Andy Lochhead In The Air In The Air`.

The hardest of the hard so says Ron Harris.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2015, 08:32:33 PM »
Isn't it, "Andy, Andy Lochhead, Andy Lochhead in the air..."?

Offline Ron Manager

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2015, 08:39:33 PM »
We've got Andy Andy Lochhead in the air,in the air
Repeated
followed by Andy Andy Lochhead  Andy Lochhead in the air etc etc.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2015, 09:50:45 PM »
We've got Andy Andy Lochhead in the air,in the air
Repeated
followed by Andy Andy Lochhead  Andy Lochhead in the air etc etc.
Which is the correct answer!
:D

Offline newtonsballs

• GM : 21.02.2020
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2015, 10:02:21 PM »
Same chant for Willie Anderson, except he was on the wing not in the air. We were right creative in those days :P

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 11:09:22 PM »
They don't come much lower in the food chain than the lotto chavs. The most despicable club in this country bar none and by quite some distance.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2015, 11:14:10 PM »
The lottery chavs are the club who had me wanting Manure to win finals or the league instead of them. That's how much I dislike the classless tossers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal