collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:19:57 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:19:45 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:05:29 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa v Chelsea views wanted for Chelsea site  (Read 10223 times)

Online Billy Walker

Re: Villa v Chelsea views wanted for Chelsea site
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2015, 01:24:35 PM »
I strongly remember Terry trying to break Milners legs at Wembley and the ref not having the bottle to send him off (Coward Web?)

The manager feels its appropriate to run up behind someone poke them in the eye and then run off.

Never saw a person wearing a Chelsea shirt (living in the west country and west midlands) until the 1993.

I've only met five Chelsea supporters in my life.  Four of them in the past ten years and one in the thirty preceding.

Offline montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2015, 01:39:09 PM »

What were your expectations before the season started?  Mid table and cup run

(When Villa came to Stamford Bridge in late September you were in 3rd place, three points off the top.) Why have Villa fallen away so much? 8 league goals since then tells the story. That freakish start has kept us in with a chance of staying up.

Can you see Villa getting out of their present difficulties?  It wont be down to our efforts if we do.Got to be 50/50 now.

Are you still behind Paul Lambert? Not really but its a huge risk either way if we sack him now or not. Now leaning towards flipping the coin.

Any Villa v Chelsea games that stick in your mind? The 4-4 on Boxing Day a few years back.

Any thoughts on Chelsea in general? Pre Abramovic - no real feelings, quite liked the team in the early 70s. Quite often in different divisions when I was growing up. Post Abramovic - despicable club, despicable values, despicable Manager, lowlife Captain. And you wear blue!

How do you see Saturday’s game going, with a score prediction? We will put up a fight, go behind and peter out. I dont see a landslide but 2 or 3 goals in it. Going to go 1-4. We surely have to score!! Crowd will give Mourinho a bad time, he will have some sort of bust up with officials, then disappear down the tunnel with a minute to go like the ignorant, disrespectful, arrogant twunt he is.

PS - respect for the user name Mr Lochead. Wish the big man was playing Saturday (even now).

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 02:36:09 PM »
What were your expectations before the season started?

9th-12th

(When Villa came to Stamford Bridge in late September you were in 3rd place, three points off the top.) Why have Villa fallen away so much?

Team of wimps, cowardly tactics

Can you see Villa getting out of their present difficulties? 

We are amongst 6/7 clubs of which 3 will go - with Lambert in charge I think we might drop

Are you still behind Paul Lambert?

Not even remotely

Any Villa v Chelsea games that stick in your mind?

4-4, Luc Nilis making Lebouef look like a clown, Tore Andre Flo beating us on his own one Sunday lunchtime

Any thoughts on Chelsea in general?

I still see Chelsea as that empty ground with the disabled cars parked behind the goal - same as I still view Man City as the team most likely to throw all good away - think I'm old fashioned

How do you see Saturday’s game going, with a score prediction?

Villa nil...

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 02:52:10 PM »

Hard struggle and another relegation battle.  There was no reason for optimism.

(When Villa came to Stamford Bridge in late September you were in 3rd place, three points off the top.) Why have Villa fallen away so much?

Because it was a false narrative (in joke for Villa fans) to start with.  Our form since then is the real story.

Not a chance, until Lerner leaves the club and Lambert goes.  For the second thing to happen the first is going to have to happen too. 

Nope.  A good man who has been totally found out at this level.  He lacks any sort of coaching, motivation and tactical skills.

Lots, because you're the one club we seem to have some sort of hex over.

They're not positive, put it that way.

We'll lose.  Probably by 2 or 3.

Online dekko

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 03:13:22 PM »
10th-15th

Paul Lambert

Only if we replace Lambert with someone who'd do better (like my dead gran, a 5 year old girl or a lump of chewing gum on the end of a lollipop stick) or if there are somehow 3 worse teams (again).

No

A fair few for the wrong reasons.  I did enjoy the game at Stamford Bridge we won a few years ago, mainly because it was the only good performance in Alex Mcleish's entire time in charge.

Sorry, but I think of them as one of the two or three clubs most responsible for the fact that english football is no longer a sporting competition, but a cheque writing one.  Their old fans are racist hooligans, their new fans are gloryhunters from the middle class or Malaysia who would've crapped themselves at the mere thought of going within a mile of the old Stamford Bridge.  John Terry is a squeaky voiced racist shitstain.  The owner is a criminal. 

I do like Mourinho though.

0-3

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2015, 04:39:44 PM »
If Chelsea were a Celebrity Big Brother contestant it would be Katie Hopkins. 

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2015, 04:43:37 PM »
I for one would like to defend John Terry a little. He has a very human side. I've seen him do lots for charity in quiet etc and he never gets plaudits for that.

richtheholtender

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2015, 04:52:42 PM »
10th, playing better football with the view of kicking on

Paul Lambert and his coaching methods. Would love to know exactly what goes on at training Mon-Fri. Throw in the fact we are in season 17 of not having a creative central midfielder.

Yes

I have no feelings on this because the next manager will be the same will only achieve the same results. 

The FA cup shambles in 2000.

Lottery winners.

Villa are involved so it could be anything. But I am going for the standard hold on for 80 mins before rolling over. 0-2 away win.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2015, 05:07:47 PM »
I just remember the 80's as their hideous fans roaming around Aston threatening Asian shopkeepers and attacking isolated Villa fans mob-handed well after the match finished - and yes I was one of them - never forget and still wish you ill...

Offline tim

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2015, 05:18:54 PM »
15th

Useless management and an owner that doesn't care.

Not really, no. It's all rather embarrassing isn't it?

No - can't see how any of us could be anymore. Shame, as I had high hopes initially (or as high as a Villa supporter can be!)

Yeah that Boxing Day game a few years back - mainly as I was sat in a car listening to the radio, watching the sea in Cornwall.

They remind me of Manchester United - and that's not a compliment.
Mourinho is obnoxious and classless. His whole persona has become boring and dis-likable.

Aston Villa nil, Chelsea a lot more.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2015, 05:37:17 PM »
Hiya good folks of Aston Villa land. Sorry for approaching you in this way but are there any fans willing to share their views on Saturday’s game between Villa and Chelsea?

We like to give the views of the opposition on our site and any contributors views that are used will be credited as will the site. (We are not the sort of site who rubbishes other clubs just for the sake of it. You will see that on past articles which are below. Don't worry if you hate Chelsea. We are used to it. Just tell it how you see it from your claret and blue heart)

I cannot post site address but should any contributors be interest I could pm their piece on our site.

These are some the views we are interested in:

10th

We have been incapable of maintaining any good form for years. Amazing isn't it?

Honestly, no. Years of decline have ground us down to celebrating staying up. With the FFP scam in effect we can't even buy our way out of trouble. You lot should look out of Roman ever decides to reign in spending.

No. But I dread who Lerner will hire to replace him. Whoever it is, it will be bad. Its like being in a plane with a clearly drunk pilot flying towards a mountain. You know you need to change the person flying the plane but the only other passengers are a giraffe , a labrador and a penguin. You have to decide which of them is going to make the better pilot.

Mcleish nicking that win at your place and you lot spanking us 8-0

Maybe uniquely here I actually rather like Chelsea. You helped unseat the odious manyoo and liverpool axis and for that I am grateful. I wish our billionaire had the same commitment to his club that yours does.

Most likely you win and Mou gloatingly puts his arm around Lambert. Possibly we can nick a 0-0 but I doubt it.

Just put any views on this board and I'll pop back tomorrowish.
No need. Just send over Eden Hazard for the rest of the season please, k thnx bye. :)

Thank you

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2015, 05:42:41 PM »

Hope springs eternal. Mid table.

We simply flattered to deceive. Oh, and we adopted a don't let them score policy even if it meant we didn't score either. When that failed, we were f*cked.

Unless there are substantial changes to our style of play which have rarely even been hinted at these last three seasons, then no. 

Not at all. It's difficult to support a manager who would appear to have so little influence on coaching, tactics or motivation.

Last season's win at VP, not just because we won, but also having to witness the histrionics of some Chelsea players and especially your daft manager. Before that, Deadly's grinning handshake, and before that, some entertaining games against Tommy Doc's Chelsea teams - which we quite frequently won.

A club that now epitomises pretty much everything that I despise about the rotten state of football today.

One sided, finishing Villa 0 - Chelsea some goals

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2015, 06:07:46 PM »

12th-10th

We have a manager doing his utmost to replace Graham Turner and Bill McNeil as top of the poorest manager’s in our 141 year history.

I’m not sure. As awful as we are, somehow we’re not bottom and a drift. Hull, QPR, Burnley and Leicester have actually conspired to be somehow worse. We’re reliant on that status quo remaining.

No.

The two poorest results in our history; 0-1 in the Cup Final and 0-8 the other year.

Chelsea epitomise everything that is to be despised about the state of football post 1992. The gentrification of Chelsea’s support must make the toes of the 9,000 who used to turn up at the hole that was Stamford Bridge, curl, when they see Tarquin’s waving plastic flags and jumping on a bandwagon.

Don’t get me wrong, Chelsea were pretty despicable when all they were known for was having a firm, a chairman who wanted to build an electric fence and a load of Kombat 18 racists following them. Chelsea are also not alone in the advent of the foam hand wearing Sky generation one game a season tourists, with their half and half scarves; Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal have an equally sickening support, but the change at Chelsea is so dramatic.

The fact its fuelled by a lamentable oligarch, only trumped in the disgusting stakes by the human rights abusers at Man City doesn’t sit well either.

It says everything about the absence of class when you folk worship an alleged racist scumbag like John Terry. Your manager is cynical and hypocritical weasel.

You also charge over £50 a ticket for away games, you fucking parasites.

0-3.

This. Post of the month.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2015, 06:24:14 PM »

12th-10th

We have a manger doing his utmost to replace Graham Turner and Bill McNeil as top of the poorest manager’s in our 141 year history.

I’m not sure. As awful as we are, somehow we’re not bottom and a drift. Hull, QPR, Burnley and Leicester have actually conspired to be somehow worse. We’re reliant on that status quo remaining.

No.

The two poorest results in our history; 0-1 in the Cup Final and 0-8 the other year.

Chelsea epitomise everything that is to be despised about the state of football post 1992. The gentrification of Chelsea’s support must make the toes of the 9,000 who used to turn up at the hole that was Stamford Bridge, curl, when they see Tarquin’s waving plastic flags and jumping on a bandwagon.

Don’t get me wrong, Chelsea were pretty despicable when all they were known for was having a firm, a chairman who wanted to build an electric fence and a load of Kombat 18 racists following them. Chelsea are also not alone in the advent of the foam hand wearing Sky generation one game a season tourists, with their half and half scarves; Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal have an equally sickening support, but the change at Chelsea is so dramatic.

The fact its fuelled by a lamentable oligarch, only trumped in the disgusting stakes by the human rights abusers at Man City doesn’t sit well either.

It says everything about the absence of class when you folk worship an alleged racist scumbag like John Terry. Your manager is cynical and hypocritical weasel.

You also charge over £50 a ticket for away games, you fucking parasites.

0-3.

A work of art!

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2015, 07:12:09 PM »
Tell abramovich to write a cheque for £10 billion to buy our history tradition and support for your little club in Fulham and that will take you up to 1975.
The next 40 years will cost you a lot more mate.
Remember being with the prawn sarnie brigade in the playboy box at Wembley in the 2010 semi when you did us 3-0 and just sat there totally in awe of our support that day.
All the chelsea fans in there said they would rather get beat 3-0 and have support like that.

Now that's what you call a big club

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal