collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Please email Tom Fox if you feel the current situation is unacceptable  (Read 43344 times)

Offline holtelowerL5

I come in peace from another forum !!!

The runner of the forum I use, has personally contacted Randy Lerner to register his thoughts on our current situation and how the fans feel. I am helping with organising a way to unite all fans / forums and media to spread this message. Yesterday, I posted the following message

I have today written to Tom Fox

If you agree that what we are witnessing is not acceptable, please do the same, tell your friends to, and if you are on other boards, please get the message across.

EMAIL TO TOM FOX
---------------------

Mr Fox

Having reached the grand old age of 44, having been a Season Ticket holder of Aston Villa Football Club since the age of 13, having attended well over 300 away games (including a 10 year period where I attended every single game, home / away / abroad) and having seen the good times (league / european cup / domestic cup success) and the bad times (relegation / near relegation / crowd violence) this is the first time I have felt it necessary to approach a member of our club to vent my anger and frustration at our current predicament, and what appears to be an attitude of "we don't actually care".

I do not have to talk about the history of this great institution, it is there for all to see. You have came to this club from Arsenal, a club with similar values and history and I am sure I do not have to tell you the importance of this great club in both the sporting world, and local history.

In all of these years, I have never, and I mean NEVER felt so unattached from the club I love. I have used an expression many times, and will now say it again "Apathy is killing this club".

I have witnessed in my time the low points on the field, managed by David O'Leary, Billy McNeill and the more recent debacle that was the season managed by Alex McLeish (a man who did, and still does carry himself in great dignity and I have no ill feelings over).

However, the manager we are currently employing is disgracing our great club. There is no other way of putting it, and for a reason that no fan can understand, is not only being allowed to do it, but has actually been rewarded for his efforts !. The statistics are there for all to see, you can speak about narratives and directions as much as you can, but the truth of the matter is, and I am sure you can see it, because fans / players / ex-players / pundits / media can see it - the club is heading in one direction, and one direction only.

I am truly flabbergasted to be honest, that having placed the club up for sale last year, the board and owner cannot see what is happening. We WILL get relegated, there is absolutely no doubt about it , a club that is split from its fanbase, a club where the players are not playing for their manager, a club that has broken every poor record in history WILL be relegated.

Our only chance, and it will be a chance I admit, but our only chance of survival is CHANGE THE MANAGER NOW !!!!! - replacements will be ni-on impossible due to the situation and state we are in, however, we cannot buy anyone (as of 12am tonight) and therefore, our only hope is to employ people who will get everyone, and in that I mean players, directors, media and more importantly FANS 100% behind the team.

This will probably mean, in the short term, people with Aston Villa history - Brian Little, Ron Atkinson , Graham Taylor, Stan Petrov, Gordon Cowans, Martin Laursen - in short ANYONE but Lambert.

I will not go on and on as I am sure you know this, you do not get into the position you are in believing that "we will be OK" - it is sporting, and more important for you, financial suicide.

All I will say is this

Permier League Club - worth - between 150 - 250 million

Championship Club - worth - less than 50 million

Can you afford not to.

ACT NOW, IT IS FAR LATER THAN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN, TWO WEEKS WILL BE TOO LATE !!!!

(I then gave my details for reply)

I ask you all, take 5 minutes out of your time, email now. Together with Fears email to Randy, we CAN make a difference, no matter what people say. All I ask is please be polite and respectful in any correspondence.

I have attempted to place his email address on here but it does not allow me, if needed please see same thread title on Vitalvilla site

Thanks

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Please email Tom Fox if you feel the current situation is unacceptable
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 12:40:37 PM »
I think it's worth mentioning that this is a once-great club in there somewhere.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 12:42:21 PM »
I agree with everything written. Sadly, they won't listen to a word of it.
Lambert is here to stay. The dour prick

Offline jollyjake

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 12:52:37 PM »
 I tried to say this about 3 weeks ago (not so eloquently, i must admit ) I agree with you totally, but i got plenty of abuse for my thoughts .I hope you get plenty of support ,most here seem to think this situation we are in is soley Lambert,s fault, the owners are not at fault.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 12:55:28 PM »
most here seem to think this situation we are in is soley Lambert,s fault, the owners are not at fault.

No they don't. Absolute nonsense

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 12:56:06 PM »
Surely all that needs to be said is in the factual stats for this season

lack of goals
Worst results in our history
etc
etc

Everything else is opinion and opinion divides every argument - when you see the facts in print it makes me feel ashamed that we are a laughing stock

I do not want to make it personal about PL unlike it was with the egotist that was O'Leary and to an extent MON as I have never heard him be disparaging about the club, in fact the opposite is true. Its based on total incompetence and the more than genuine feeling that he cannot turn this around. I would love this to be his "Fergie" period and that he comes back to really show us all that it was part of a master plan.

I just cannot see beyond the eventual trap door if we keep burying the clubs head in the sand

The most damning indictment - defeats don't even hurt anymore - and that is the beginning of the end

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 12:56:53 PM »
I tried to say this about 3 weeks ago (not so eloquently, i must admit ) I agree with you totally, but i got plenty of abuse for my thoughts .

No you didn't.

You didn't get any abuse for "your thoughts", you got "abuse" for the fact the your thoughts were border line illegible due to the huge number of spelling and grammar mistakes in them.

And your reading skills are as poor as your writing ones, if you think this is even remotely truthful:

most here seem to think this situation we are in is soley Lambert,s fault, the owners are not at fault.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:00:18 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 12:59:13 PM »
I have been mulling over the idea of a banner like the Geordies took to Swansea with Pardew's record.

Does anybody know anything about having one done up?

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 01:00:37 PM »
I have been mulling over the idea of a banner like the Geordies took to Swansea with Pardew's record.

Does anybody know anything about having one done up?

Speak to Leighton.

Actually, don't, his was just handwritten.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 01:00:55 PM »
What's the email address?

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 01:01:14 PM »
I come in peace from another forum !!!

The runner of the forum I use, has personally contacted Randy Lerner to register his thoughts on our current situation and how the fans feel. I am helping with organising a way to unite all fans / forums and media to spread this message. Yesterday, I posted the following message

I have today written to Tom Fox

If you agree that what we are witnessing is not acceptable, please do the same, tell your friends to, and if you are on other boards, please get the message across.

EMAIL TO TOM FOX
---------------------

Mr Fox

Having reached the grand old age of 44, having been a Season Ticket holder of Aston Villa Football Club since the age of 13, having attended well over 300 away games (including a 10 year period where I attended every single game, home / away / abroad) and having seen the good times (league / european cup / domestic cup success) and the bad times (relegation / near relegation / crowd violence) this is the first time I have felt it necessary to approach a member of our club to vent my anger and frustration at our current predicament, and what appears to be an attitude of "we don't actually care".

I do not have to talk about the history of this great institution, it is there for all to see. You have came to this club from Arsenal, a club with similar values and history and I am sure I do not have to tell you the importance of this great club in both the sporting world, and local history.

In all of these years, I have never, and I mean NEVER felt so unattached from the club I love. I have used an expression many times, and will now say it again "Apathy is killing this club".

I have witnessed in my time the low points on the field, managed by David O'Leary, Billy McNeill and the more recent debacle that was the season managed by Alex McLeish (a man who did, and still does carry himself in great dignity and I have no ill feelings over).

However, the manager we are currently employing is disgracing our great club. There is no other way of putting it, and for a reason that no fan can understand, is not only being allowed to do it, but has actually been rewarded for his efforts !. The statistics are there for all to see, you can speak about narratives and directions as much as you can, but the truth of the matter is, and I am sure you can see it, because fans / players / ex-players / pundits / media can see it - the club is heading in one direction, and one direction only.

I am truly flabbergasted to be honest, that having placed the club up for sale last year, the board and owner cannot see what is happening. We WILL get relegated, there is absolutely no doubt about it , a club that is split from its fanbase, a club where the players are not playing for their manager, a club that has broken every poor record in history WILL be relegated.

Our only chance, and it will be a chance I admit, but our only chance of survival is CHANGE THE MANAGER NOW !!!!! - replacements will be ni-on impossible due to the situation and state we are in, however, we cannot buy anyone (as of 12am tonight) and therefore, our only hope is to employ people who will get everyone, and in that I mean players, directors, media and more importantly FANS 100% behind the team.

This will probably mean, in the short term, people with Aston Villa history - Brian Little, Ron Atkinson , Graham Taylor, Stan Petrov, Gordon Cowans, Martin Laursen - in short ANYONE but Lambert.

I will not go on and on as I am sure you know this, you do not get into the position you are in believing that "we will be OK" - it is sporting, and more important for you, financial suicide.

All I will say is this

Permier League Club - worth - between 150 - 250 million

Championship Club - worth - less than 50 million

Can you afford not to.

ACT NOW, IT IS FAR LATER THAN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN, TWO WEEKS WILL BE TOO LATE !!!!

(I then gave my details for reply)

I ask you all, take 5 minutes out of your time, email now. Together with Fears email to Randy, we CAN make a difference, no matter what people say. All I ask is please be polite and respectful in any correspondence.

I have attempted to place his email address on here but it does not allow me, if needed please see same thread title on Vitalvilla site

Thanks

Well meaning but totally pointless I am afraid.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:18:30 PM by Ron Manager »

Offline pauliewalnuts

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 01:02:07 PM »
What's the email address?
Good question.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 01:12:38 PM »
tom.fox@avfc.co.uk

Not sure if this is a joke or not, but I ask as there's no contact email address on the club site and you have to email via enquiry form.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 01:14:22 PM »
tom.fox@avfc.co.uk

Not sure if this is a joke or not, but I ask as there's no contact email address on the club site and you have to email via enquiry form.
Try it see if it bounces back and let us know.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal