collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How are we perceived?  (Read 10180 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: How are we perceived?
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2015, 11:14:19 PM »
We've played for the majority of 15 years plus shit football and we've willingly accepted it. Why complain when people call it as it is?

Offline freethinker

« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2015, 09:17:59 AM »
I was stood outside my place of work in central London this morning, wearing a Villa hat and having a cigarette. An old man with a walking stick hobbled up and asked what the hat was. When I told him, his response was “Oh dear”.

Offline Boz

« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2015, 09:46:49 AM »
What does it really matter whether the individual stands have been knocked down and built again? It's still the same physical space. It's still Villa Park and not the 02 Bowl or some such shite.

Wembley Stadium has been completely knocked down and re-built, but it's still Wembley. It's still the scene of English football's greatest triumph and countless memories in the long history of classified football in England. That's what counts.

Knocking down an old stadium and then building a pre-packed identikit stadium in some out-of-town convenience location, and then renaming it after whoever pays the most for the 'privilege' is the problem. Not improving what's already there. We would still be standing in fields on the sidelines otherwise.

Villa Park - Historical stadium or the football ground equivalent to Trigger's broom?

I like the analogy  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal