collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:24:14 AM]

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How are we perceived?  (Read 10182 times)

Offline rob_bridge

Re: How are we percieved?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 08:31:54 AM »
I can stand the piss taking and we deserve it. It's the pity I hate.
!

Exactly.

Offline rob_bridge

Re: How are we perceived?
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2015, 08:32:48 AM »
We are perceived by some no doubt as a shell of a football club - a rather empty one at that.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 08:37:04 AM »
Most of my mates who aren't Villa have stopped taking the piss.  It's gone beyond that, to pity.  They can't quite figure out how it's all fallen apart so badly.
Mine are now through the pity stage and now discuss us with utter contempt. I think it bores out of the fact we are doing nothing to help ourselves and so now, in the eyes of the wider footballing world, we are getting what we deserve. Everyone outside the AVFC Boardroom knows Lambert should not be in charge and yet we plod on. We are a disgrace to watch, im currently ashamed to be a Villa fan and have given up defending us, I mainly join in with the piss taking and condemnation as it is in the whole fully deserved and impossible to argue with.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 08:54:24 AM »
In todays paper it says that in order to turn things around the team Villa really need to be playing next are................Villa.

Everybody is taking the p**s out of us and nothing is being done to alter things.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 10:14:03 AM »
I don't care what the rest of the country or the rest of the world think of us. If you don't support Villa your opinion is of no consequence.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 10:15:24 AM »
From the Guardian's Sachin Nakrani:

Is Villa’s plight the sorriest of any club in England?

Taking into account heritage, fanbase and potential is there a sadder club in England right now than Aston Villa? Supporters of Leeds United and a few other teams may raise their hands but it is hard currently to look beyond the Midlands’ struggling giant. Defeat by Arsenal on Sunday made it eight league games without victory for Paul Lambert’s men and, for the first time in their history, six without scoring. No points and no goals, God bless those Villa fans who turned up at the Emirates on a bitterly cold afternoon.

The visitors did not actually play that badly and things could have been different had Andreas Weimann or Christian Benteke taken the more than decent chances that came their way either side of half-time. Lambert described them as “big moments” and there was no hiding his frustration at his team’s current plight. In all probability Villa will score enough goals and secure enough points to avoid relegation but come the summer this routine of stinking the place out yet surviving by the skin of their teeth has to end. It has gone on far too long for a club that not so long ago were competing for a Champions League place and remain one of only six British clubs to have won the European Cup.

That means Randy Lerner finally selling the club or, if he has no option but to stick around, once again investing strongly in playing resources. It may also mean Lambert, despite his obvious hunger to succeed, moving on. It has been almost three seasons since he arrived and, if anything, things are getting worse. Fresh change may well require a fresh man in the dugout.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2015, 12:16:08 PM »
Joke club now, nothing more nothing less.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2015, 12:28:25 PM »
'In all probability Villa will score enough goals and secure enough points to avoid relegation' I genuinely see no reason to believe this at the moment.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2015, 12:47:01 PM »
When I heard the commentator saying villa need some new players

And the co commenter replied I'm not sure Spiderman and superman would make a difference

Offline preston28

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2015, 01:29:01 PM »
We're a rotting corpse - the soul having long left the body of our once great club...............

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2015, 01:31:27 PM »
'In all probability Villa will score enough goals and secure enough points to avoid relegation' I genuinely see no reason to believe this at the moment.
I think we will but as he says its fucking miserable!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2015, 01:36:00 PM »
I don't really care what the majority of the Sky generation have to say or the people who make up YouTube and Facebook comments. Those I do listen to who support other clubs pity us and can't seem to get their heads around how bad we have become.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2015, 01:40:55 PM »
A cert 3 points for whoever plays us...Christ Almighty how did it come to this? Have been a supporter for 40 years and have never felt so low...even in the third division we were still The Villa and relegation in 86 brought SGT to save us but this? Lack of funds,a clueless manager completely out of his depth, an absent owner and the best fans in the country bored senseless into apathy by a squad not fit for purpose.  We're in freefall towards the Championship and no-one on high seems to give a shit. These are the darkest of days, with our great club now being reduced to joke status among other fans, but I STILL have the hope that someone, somewhere will want to own the marquee name of historical football clubs. Sorry for the rant guys but four years of Villa taking hammerings says that enough is enough.

Do I know you? Seeing as I went to Cliftonville school and BRA around the same time as your timeline above. There were not many Villa fans around then.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2015, 01:45:00 PM »

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2015, 01:46:33 PM »
Surprised that doesn't say

Aston nilla

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal