collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Collymore says....  (Read 14025 times)

Online Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Collymore says....
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2015, 10:20:50 PM »
I find Collymore's new-found 'love' for the club very hard to stomach given his pathetic performances in a Villa shirt.

I can see why you feel like that but to be fair to Collymore I don't think his is a new-found love. Collymore is an intelligent man who wasn't well when he played for us. I'm pretty sure he wishes things had been different during that time. He's made plenty of mistakes (which I'm not about to defend) but in my opinion he's also done some really brave and commendable things like speaking about depression and highlighting and confronting racism. He's definitely a complex character and I can understand how he divides and provokes opinion. Now David Cameron on the other hand... I would say has an imaginary new-found love... (cue a 12 page thread) ;-)
I agree with Diablo. Stan is and always has been a Villa fan. QED He is not a glory hunter!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2015, 10:52:30 PM »
I find Collymore's new-found 'love' for the club very hard to stomach given his pathetic performances in a Villa shirt.

He's been a Villa fan all his life apparently, so how can that be judged as a "new found love"?

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2015, 06:40:08 PM »
We should pay no interest to what this total idiot has to say ......... he was the biggest waster our club has possibly ever seen - he is just publicity mad but when people take issue with him he plays the racist card - basically not a nice guy

Any examples of him 'playing the racist card' before someone played it on him? Only I know someone who was called 'n***** bitch' by a neighbour and when she reported it was accused of 'playing the race card'.

Good question. SVC has done some reprehensible things which have been well documented but he has never "played the race card" as far I can see.

As far as I recall in the numerous episodes of his "Twitter" rows he has placed the race card on numerous times ..........

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2015, 06:43:35 PM »
I'm no Collymore fan as folks may have been able to guess, but that may be because of some of the vile racist shit he's had said to him by some of the big brave users of Twitter.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2015, 06:52:12 PM »
So reporting racial abuse is playing the racial card ? All I've seen Collymore do,is re-tweet and report the racist bile that has been aimed at him.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2015, 07:33:06 PM »
This may be pedantic, but I don't think the Harkness incident was after the 4-2 win. I think it was after he was sent off during a 1-0 loss, and as he went he did a 'calm down, calm down' gesture to the Liverpool fans. I only remember because I'm sure Liverpool were in a white away kit, whereas they were in yellow during that win.

That 2-0 as well, didn't Collymore's goal for them come about as the result of a massive deflection or something? I have an idea it spannered up off Steve Staunton and wrongfooted Bosnich.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2015, 07:41:24 PM »

He's been a Villa fan all his life apparently, so how can that be judged as a "new found love"?

I do think he goes a little bit over the top with it sometimes though. Listen to him to him on Tawkspawt and he seems to mention us every 10 minutes.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2015, 07:48:14 PM »
This may be pedantic, but I don't think the Harkness incident was after the 4-2 win. I think it was after he was sent off during a 1-0 loss, and as he went he did a 'calm down, calm down' gesture to the Liverpool fans. I only remember because I'm sure Liverpool were in a white away kit, whereas they were in yellow during that win.

That 2-0 as well, didn't Collymore's goal for them come about as the result of a massive deflection or something? I have an idea it spannered up off Steve Staunton and wrongfooted Bosnich.

I don't think we beat them 4-2, we lost to them 4-2 in Nov '98 when Liverpool were in white.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2015, 07:55:55 PM »

I don't think we beat them 4-2, we lost to them 4-2 in Nov '98 when Liverpool were in white.

You're quite right, the win was 2-1. And there was an incident where Collymore tackled Harkness during that 4-2 loss and the latter's ligaments were damaged. Bloody hell, the old memory's frigged already.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2015, 06:25:22 AM »
We should pay no interest to what this total idiot has to say ......... he was the biggest waster our club has possibly ever seen - he is just publicity mad but when people take issue with him he plays the racist card - basically not a nice guy

Any examples of him 'playing the racist card' before someone played it on him? Only I know someone who was called 'n***** bitch' by a neighbour and when she reported it was accused of 'playing the race card'.

Good question. SVC has done some reprehensible things which have been well documented but he has never "played the race card" as far I can see.

As far as I recall in the numerous episodes of his "Twitter" rows he has placed the race card on numerous times ..........

So that's a 'no' then.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal