collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Collymore says....  (Read 14024 times)

Offline Zakk Fatt

Re: Collymore says....
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 07:54:36 PM »
Stan is a fan and we all say some daft things in the moment (or in this case third season straight of despair) next season will be better once we all accept we are going down because at present we truly deserve to (the club not the supporters).  I can only see some sort of miracle happening to stop the inevitable drop that is coming like finding three teams worse than us - not likely, but next season we might score a few and win a few games in the Championship, I am sad and I hope we survive once again but lets face it, it is so shit going to VP this season, I don't look forward to the games, we lose consistently by playing shite directionless football and the manager is making some decent players look awful as a unit.  I think Stan is spot on in venting on national radio how most of us are feeling.  We are shocking, boring and lifeless right now with the exception of the FA cup there isn't much point in watching us, neutral or die hard, not much point at all. Its like watching a magnificent creature dying on the roadside and being powerless to save it.

I took part in the Liverpool protest but as only about 150 of us did it, it made no difference and I know the vast majority thought it was daft but if we had all done it then the message would have been very powerful indeed, staying away isn't the answer either, empty seats tell a tale but they don't send a message strong enough to stop us going down.  Empty seats with all of us in and around the ground just not in the stands is far stronger, far stronger indeed.  I'm stuck with a season ticket so I'll see you on Saturday for another good 20 minutes and the inevitable capitulation, looking forward to watching Hazard and analysing how Chelsea rip us apart, he is a truly great player in a truly great team, I remember when we were that good albeit very briefly.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2015, 08:27:44 PM »
chin up things will look better in the morning

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 08:44:26 PM »
Stan is a fan and we all say some daft things in the moment (or in this case third season straight of despair) next season will be better once we all accept we are going down because at present we truly deserve to...

Why should we accept we are going down?  I don't accept it and I'm certainly not throwing in the towel with forty-five points left to play for.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 09:10:52 PM »
With 15 games to go and we aren't even in the bottom 3 why should we accept it?

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 09:14:59 PM »
My real worry is that we are becoming like a Fulham type team, this is our fourth season in a row when we enter the last part of the season right in the mix of all the teams in trouble, we have managed to throw a run of games in  the past to get us out of it, but eventually it will bite us on the arse and we will get caught.

Plus the fact that we seem to be getting worse every season. Just hope that there are 3 shittier teams than us, Hull and QPR for certain, but all the other teams are showing some fight.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 09:16:55 PM »
Collymore was just saying a few weeks ago that ownership needs to stick with Lambert..?!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2015, 09:19:17 PM »
Stan is a fan and we all say some daft things in the moment (or in this case third season straight of despair) next season will be better once we all accept we are going down because at present we truly deserve to...

Why should we accept we are going down?  I don't accept it and I'm certainly not throwing in the towel with forty-five points left to play for.

Agreed. We won't go down.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2015, 09:30:04 PM »
Says not 'say's'.
Thanks paul.

37 years as an English teacher has given me a bit of a complex!
;-)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2015, 12:10:52 PM »
Collymore was just saying a few weeks ago that ownership needs to stick with Lambert..?!

Looking back at the original post he doesn't appear to be saying sack Lambert, though I didn't hear his commentary. Is he saying Lambert should be going now?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2015, 12:38:13 PM »
he seems to be in two minds.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2015, 12:44:31 PM »

And what has happened in the last few weeks?

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2015, 01:56:15 PM »
I don't think we'll go down, there will be 3 worse than us. Any 3 from Hull, Burnley, QPR and Leicester. It doesn't make the situation and the continued presence of Lambert as manager acceptable in any way however; very fuckin' far from it.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2015, 02:10:30 PM »
My concern is all of those teams are at least giving themselves a chance in games. When you can score goals you at least give yourself a chance. When you don't score the best you can ever hope for is a 0-0 and recent evidence suggests that our defence, which has been quite resolute for the majority of the season is now starting to crack. As we go searching for goals we are leaving ourselves really exposed and teams will take advantage. This has to change soon because we are truly tempting fate thinking our position outside of the bottom three will last too much longer. If anyone thinks it is bad now wait until that happens.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 12:09:06 PM »
Sanchez had an awful game but he has played well prior to today. Not sure why he suddenly thought today was the day to do loads of long diagonal balls when he normally keeps it pretty simple.

Is Benteke not fit?

The no goals stat is shameful. Lambert has to go.

Things were getting so desparate than Sanchez was just to make things happen.  It was wrong of him to resort to that tactic, but I kind of respect him for at least trying something different.  That was the comment which Collymore was way off base on though.  Since early December CS has been one of our better players.  The rest of the stuff he said was pretty standard.  Don't really rate him as a pundit to be fair.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2015, 09:18:04 AM »
A Villa 'fan' was on a radio station yesterday listing the clubs that Christian Benteke would be an ideal fit for this summer.

Yes you've guessed it 5 weeks away from our fist chance to win silverware for years SVC wades in with his sze 12s.

I would say he should engage his brain before he opens his mouth,but that pre supposes there is a brain to engage.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal