collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Collymore says....  (Read 14041 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Collymore say's....
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2015, 04:46:50 PM »
Is there any extra point in this thread or can it move to the Lambert one?

if its to emphasise that Stanley was one of the biggest charlatans to ever be involved in AVFC in any capacity, then yes

Takes one to know one?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 04:48:22 PM »
Is there any extra point in this thread or can it move to the Lambert one?

I think we need to spread our feelings over as many threads as possible to stop H&V exploding.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 04:53:04 PM »
Randy need to sack Lambert and bring in on until end of season ie Brian Little/Peter Withe with Gordon Cowans as no 2. Just for example.

As crazy as it sounds I'm actually all for this, although it bears a striking similarity to when Newcastle brought in Shearer? And we know how that turned out.

To be fair, you have an experienced cup winning manager of the club and two very experienced coaches there so nothing like Shearer except for the ex player bit.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 05:08:55 PM »
Lerner and the lack of a buyer is not the issue right now.  The issue right now is an incompetent chancer is still in his post as manager.

Absolutely spot on.  The biggest issue now is finding a manager who can keep us in the division until a new owner is found.  The squad the current manager has at his disposal is more than capable of doing that, but he seems to be the single biggest problem at the club right now. 

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Collymore says....
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2015, 05:47:16 PM »
I heard him criticising a Villa striker who looked like he couldn't be bothered and turned off.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 05:49:03 PM »
I don't know how much of it is down to his illness (in which case maybe he should take up a less stressful career) but Collymore strikes me as incredibly thin-skinned and unable to deal with disagreement. 

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 05:51:31 PM »
I don't know how much of it is down to his illness (in which case maybe he should take up a less stressful career) but Collymore strikes me as incredibly thin-skinned and unable to deal with disagreement. 

He doesn't handle twitter very well sometimes, he should get off it. He's very good on TalkSport though.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 05:53:55 PM »
Randy need to sack Lambert and bring in on until end of season ie Brian Little/Peter Withe with Gordon Cowans as no 2. Just for example.

As crazy as it sounds I'm actually all for this, although it bears a striking similarity to when Newcastle brought in Shearer? And we know how that turned out.

To be fair, you have an experienced cup winning manager of the club and two very experienced coaches there so nothing like Shearer except for the ex player bit.

A good point. I wasn't comparing CVs. I was thinking the similarities were (as you mentioned) the ex-player(s), the return of the Messiah(s), too little too late (we're fast running out of time) and just how it reeks of desperation.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 06:43:43 PM »

A good point. I wasn't comparing CVs. I was thinking the similarities were (as you mentioned) the ex-player(s), the return of the Messiah(s), too little too late (we're fast running out of time) and just how it reeks of desperation.

To paraphrase the old saying, if it looks like desperation, feels like desperation and reeks of desperation....

As for Talksport, they have moved on from criticising  us to undisguised pity.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 07:29:21 PM »

To paraphrase the old saying, if it looks like desperation, feels like desperation and reeks of desperation....

Thank you Damo70. You managed to perversely bring the first Villa related smile to my face today with that comment :-)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2015, 08:58:33 PM »
Makes a change than all those media lambert mates that think he's doing great on a shoe string budget , Nicholas , Macanailly etc

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2015, 09:05:25 PM »

He doesn't handle twitter very well sometimes, he should get off it. He's very good on TalkSport though.

Not entirely disagreeing but some of the stuff that has been said to him is truly horrible. He brings some of the stuff on himself by trying to be "honest" or "controversial" depending on your position on the subject at hand but there really are some massive morons out there.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2015, 09:09:50 PM »

It doesn't help that on twitter he insists on bringing up his political views which are.. lets be charitable.. rather adolescent in their formulation.

He really should stick to talking about football. I find him interesting when he does that

Offline djVilla

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2015, 09:12:55 PM »
Far too similar to the Shearer situation, but then we remind me of Newcastle from back then too.

Offline peter w

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2015, 09:15:37 PM »

Not entirely disagreeing but some of the stuff that has been said to him is truly horrible. He brings some of the stuff on himself by trying to be "honest" or "controversial" depending on your position on the subject at hand but there really are some massive morons out there.

Okay, you're right. How about this one then; I hope some truly horrible misfortune befalls Paul Lambert that doesn't impact his life irreparably, but means he'd have to stand down?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal