collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scott Sinclair - now gone  (Read 128356 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Scott Sinclair - now confirmed
« Reply #675 on: August 31, 2015, 08:59:56 PM »
Best I could think of that works reasonably is "he's here, he's there, he's everyfuckingwhere, Scott Sinclair, Scott Sinclair".

Not very imaginative and doesn't mention Small Heath so I'll probably need to work on it more.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #676 on: August 31, 2015, 09:34:53 PM »
Best I could think of that works reasonably is "he's here, he's there, he's everyfuckingwhere, Scott Sinclair, Scott Sinclair".

Not very imaginative and doesn't mention Small Heath so I'll probably need to work on it more.

He's here, he's there, he fucking hates Small Heath, Scott Sinclair, Scott Sinclair.

Online nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #677 on: August 31, 2015, 09:36:01 PM »
He's here, he's there, his name is Scott Sinclair

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #678 on: October 04, 2015, 09:48:10 AM »
I have to say of all the shite we witnessed yesterday, the sight of him running with the ball, seeing an opposition player within 10 feet of him and then stopping, turning his back and getting dispossessed EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME made my blood boil the most,  An absolutely abysmal player, what does he do exactly?  He isn't a winger as he can't beat a man, and he isn't a striker.  I can't remember the last time we had a strike duo quite as piss poor as Sinclair and Gestede.  Emile Heskey posed more of a goal threat than these two, even while playing at right back.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #679 on: October 04, 2015, 09:52:17 AM »
Scott Sinclair is not a striker. He's been pushed in to the position by the chancer man because he scored a few goals pre season against nobodies having a kick around and we are struggling for any coherent plan going forwards.

His best times in football have been pretty much as an out and out winger haven't they? Coming off the wing at times but mainly using his pace to beat players.

He shouldn't be wearing number 9 and he shouldn't be playing off Gestede, another joke decision by the chancer man.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #680 on: October 04, 2015, 09:56:15 AM »
That was the best impression of a donkey in a Villa shirt I have ever witnessed yesterday. He just ran around like school boy who has been asking to play for a long while finally gets his chance because your one legged left back has not turned up, actually can't kick a ball but has loads of energy albeit bit slower than other boys. No anticipation, no control, always made the wrong decision, clueless when with the ball an embarrassment.

Offline supertom

« Reply #681 on: October 04, 2015, 03:28:34 PM »
Scott Sinclair is not a striker. He's been pushed in to the position by the chancer man because he scored a few goals pre season against nobodies having a kick around and we are struggling for any coherent plan going forwards.

His best times in football have been pretty much as an out and out winger haven't they? Coming off the wing at times but mainly using his pace to beat players.

He shouldn't be wearing number 9 and he shouldn't be playing off Gestede, another joke decision by the chancer man.
This.
The reason he was effective at scoring was because he was coming in from the left wing (normally having been anonymous) and ghosting the defenders.
Since pushing him more central he's been shite.

Get him back out on the left with chalk on his boots.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #682 on: October 04, 2015, 03:55:05 PM »

This.
The reason he was effective at scoring was because he was coming in from the left wing (normally having been anonymous) and ghosting the defenders.
Since pushing him more central he's been shite.

Get him back out on the left with chalk on his boots.
You'll need more than chalk to make the L and R on his boots stick for an entire 45 minutes.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #683 on: October 04, 2015, 04:22:42 PM »
Sinclair has great instinct but absolutely useless when he needs to use his brain. He makes Gabby look like the President of Mensa. It's pointless playing him on the wing as he can't/doesn't cross. If we are to persist with him then it can only be as a striker. Don't ask him to hold the ball up, do all the hard work and just get the ball in the box. There he may prove useful.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #684 on: October 04, 2015, 04:27:20 PM »
Sinclair has great instinct but absolutely useless when he needs to use his brain. He makes Gabby look like the President of Mensa. It's pointless playing him on the wing as he can't/doesn't cross. If we are to persist with him then it can only be as a striker. Don't ask him to hold the ball up, do all the hard work and just get the ball in the box. There he may prove useful.
And that's where a partnership of him and Gestede is bolloksed from the start, despite looking like a classic big man/little man partnership on paper.

Then you've got neither of a front two who can hold the ball up or do the hard work and just want the ball in the box.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #685 on: October 04, 2015, 04:53:09 PM »

I have to disagree, he had his best season and earned a transfer to Man City and it wasn't as a Striker. We are in the process of ruining another player by playing him out of position.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #686 on: October 04, 2015, 05:36:43 PM »

I have to disagree, he had his best season and earned a transfer to Man City and it wasn't as a Striker. We are in the process of ruining another player by playing him out of position.

Where did he play?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #687 on: October 04, 2015, 06:54:14 PM »
That was the best impression of a donkey in a Villa shirt I have ever witnessed yesterday. He just ran around like school boy who has been asking to play for a long while finally gets his chance because your one legged left back has not turned up, actually can't kick a ball but has loads of energy albeit bit slower than other boys. No anticipation, no control, always made the wrong decision, clueless when with the ball an embarrassment.

Sounds about right, surprised at how one paced he is too.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #688 on: October 04, 2015, 07:09:39 PM »
All this should have been picked up when on loan, why wait to sign him on a perm before realising we have a donkey.  Another one not good enough.  Hard isn't it to wake up and realise the reality of the situation. 

Sinclair struggled to get into the team towards the end of last season, was he really the manager's signing?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #689 on: October 04, 2015, 07:14:05 PM »

Where did he play?

Mostly left wing, coming in on his right foot and he hasn't wasn't a Sherwood signing no, the deal was done before Lambert was sacked wasn't it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal