collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fox says sacking Lambert would be like flicking a coin??  (Read 58313 times)

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
Re: Fox says sacking Lambert would be like flicking a coin??
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2015, 12:27:57 PM »
Tom Fox on Randy Lerner,

He's very involved in the football club, he watches every match. I've been at his house watching matches together and both of us are standing up pacing around at various points of time - depending on what's happening - so he know's what's happening here.

He's very, very well informed as to the business side of what's happening on the pitch.

What a joke. He watches every match and is very well informed.. both should be forgone conclusions when owning a football club. Fox acts like the man could do less. Give me a break.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2015, 12:38:28 PM »
He says we are making progress but even a quick look at the results and table suggests the opposite.

I'd love to know how he thinks otherwise.

If he really means this then both he and Lerner have their heads not just in the sand, but buried about a foot deep. Also, if this is a fully committed Randy we are seeing then God help us if he ever really loses interest.
On every single level, on every single measurable, Lambert has been a failure.
The fact that the decision makers at the club don't see this is worrying.
Disturbing and worrying.   
u

Spot on. Lambert is the luckiest manager in football.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2015, 12:43:27 PM »
I just wonder where this leaves the Shunamitte?

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2015, 12:46:36 PM »
What a depressing load of corporate bollocks. I realise he can't very much say anything too disparaging in public but an acknowledgment of our appalling performances for the majority of this season wouldn't go amiss.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2015, 01:02:04 PM »
The trouble is finding a suitable candidate to replace Lambert if the American's sack him...but of course that is not going to happen.

Mr Lerner,we have found,is a decent well meaning man who appears to have been found out in the football sense and also the business sense. What he is sure of,however, is the fact that sacking the current manager will cost him money..a lot of money...and this doesn't please him. So we are stuck with Lambert even if we go down.

Fox is a figures man who has been brought in to improve finance. That is his job.

We have just beaten a Championship club who fielded several reserves and people are getting over excited.

Unless we start scoring on a regular basis we could go down.

Don't make stuff up to base an argument around.  We don't know the details of the contract so we have no idea what it would cost, we also don't know that Lerner won't make a change because of cost, we just know that he doesn't want to. I'd be more inclined to believe that it's out a sense of loyalty to Lambert than anything else.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2015, 01:08:00 PM »
For those thinking that this statement is anything other than what it says on the tin, don't be fooled.  This guy is going absolutely nowhere anytime soon.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 01:24:37 PM »

as if things weren't bad enough we now have this idiot spouting drivel too. brilliant

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2015, 01:26:57 PM »
Flick it bitch!

Lol.... quality post.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2015, 01:27:17 PM »
He says we are making progress but even a quick look at the results and table suggests the opposite.

If he really means this then both he and Lerner have their heads not just in the sand, but buried about a foot deep. Also, if this is a fully committed Randy we are seeing then God help us if he ever really loses interest.

Making progress?? So 11 goals in 22 league games (only 1 second-half goal) and 3 points off the drop zone? Worrying that Lerner and Fox are so deluded.....

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2015, 01:31:44 PM »
Back him with money in the transfer market too then please!!

At least this tells me that they have at least thought about sacking him.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2015, 01:39:38 PM »
Tom Fox and The False Narratives - playing the Bartons after the Chelsea game. Tommy is a beast on the double bass.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2015, 01:42:05 PM »
Back him with money in the transfer market too then please!!

At least this tells me that they have at least thought about sacking him.

The Baggies spent more than us in the summer and with the likely capture of Callum McManaman at £4.75M they'll likely out-spend us again this window. Carles Gil looks a good signing, but at least 2 more are needed.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2015, 01:50:11 PM »
Watches every match? Like fuck he does!

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2015, 01:51:32 PM »

Yep that's very true. It is staggering that Lambert appears bullet proof.

Wouldnt say that, the CEO has been quoted as saying that sacking him now is a coin flip i.e. a 50/50 call, a few months after giving him a new four year deal.

Hardly a vote of confidence, as Newcastle have seen better candidates are available in the summer. Might not be a coin flip then.

Might be the reason they arent giving him more money, although to be fair Lambert has been pretty decent in the transfer market thus far. The turkeys he bought were generally cheap plus Guzan and Benteke are worth far more now.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2015, 01:57:19 PM »
That's my take too. That it is a risk now that can go either way. I would hope that the perspective would be different at the end of the season of we only survive and do not improve in the next couple of months.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal