collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Steve67
[Today at 11:46:38 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:41:18 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by paul_e
[Today at 11:40:14 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 11:35:16 AM]

NSWE Investment by dave.woodhall
[Today at 11:33:19 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by OCD
[Today at 11:13:37 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fox says sacking Lambert would be like flicking a coin??  (Read 58336 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Fox says sacking Lambert would be like flicking a coin??
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 10:11:07 AM »
I think Fox is playing this right. Get a Director of Football in to take some of the work-load from Lambert, and demand that PL put a full and experienced coaching and back-room team in place, and give him the a final chance to turn this around.

You can lead a horse to water..

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2015, 10:26:11 AM »
False narrative - well I remember after the first 4 games of 97-98 season we were bottom, lost 4 games againt not the greatest opposition and looked shambolic. Nobody was calling for Little's head.

This isn't 4 games - this is 75%+ of the games under Lambert's stewardship.

I love this line:

'But Fox defended the statistics and believes Villa's players are close to delivering on their hard work on the training pitch. '

Really we have a mystic in our presence, do we?

Hard work on the training pitch. You mean their fucking job. Also I would have thought that hard work is a given so then you move on to working smart. Not seen many signs of that if truth be told under Lambert & Co.

Looks like Fox may be just another Mouth On A Stick. I do hope I'm wrong but I wish the Villa hierarchy would stop trying to mug us off.

Online dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2015, 10:29:20 AM »
Timing is the thing here.

Would Fox have said this if we had gone out to Bournemouth...somehow I don't think so.

It was the same when new contracts for both Lambert and Agbonlahor were given. They knew they could not be offered when the support was at it's lowest at the back end of last season, so hushered them in when we had won a few games.

Expect Weimann to get a contract extention in the next few days...

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 10:48:27 AM »

Would Fox have said this if we had gone out to Bournemouth...somehow I don't think so.

It was the same when new contracts for both Lambert and Agbonlahor were given. They knew they could not be offered when the support was at it's lowest at the back end of last season, so hushered them in when we had won a few games.

Isn't that just indicative of how people react in general though? In the same way, if we win the next two matches, the talk of changing manager will subside.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 10:57:13 AM »

Isn't that just indicative of how people react in general though? In the same way, if we win the next two matches, the talk of changing manager will subside.

That is very true.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2015, 10:59:13 AM »
He says we are making progress but even a quick look at the results and table suggests the opposite.

I'd love to know how he thinks otherwise.

If he really means this then both he and Lerner have their heads not just in the sand, but buried about a foot deep. Also, if this is a fully committed Randy we are seeing then God help us if he ever really loses interest.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2015, 10:59:22 AM »

As an experiment, if we win at Arsenal then beat Chelsea at home start a  Lambert Must Go Now ! thread on the Saturday evening and see what happens.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2015, 11:01:11 AM »

As an experiment, if we win at Arsenal then beat Chelsea at home start a  Lambert Must Go Now ! thread on the Saturday evening and see what happens.

I'll do that when we win them both!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 11:08:59 AM »
Whilst I agree with Fox that changing managers at this time of year can be extremely risky, I really hope he's doing his homework now and searching for a more qualified manager to bring in for next season, assuming Lambert continues to demonstrate he's one of the worst managers we've ever had in our history.

Even if Lambert manages to string a few wins together towards the end of the season, it's probably best to face up to the fact he's been a massive failure and for both sides it's best to part.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2015, 11:39:00 AM »
I kind of agree that now it's a gamble.  The time for a change was after the qpr game when we had a run of easier looking fixtures coming up and the new guy would've had the time to see what he had and fill some gaps in the window.  Now we're at the point where the window has gone (for a new manager) so any change means someone coming in and working with what we have in what looks like a relegation battle.  The new contract meant that he was bulletproof at exactly the wrong time, he really shouldn't have survived that run in the autumn.

I still want him gone as I don't see him ever fixing it but as someone else has said, if they insist that he's doing fine right now then maybe the only thing is that we let them go through with the DOF and backroom changes and hand him the rope.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »
Whilst I agree with Fox that changing managers at this time of year can be extremely risky, I really hope he's doing his homework now and searching for a more qualified manager to bring in for next season, assuming Lambert continues to demonstrate he's one of the worst managers we've ever had in our history.

Even if Lambert manages to string a few wins together towards the end of the season, it's probably best to face up to the fact he's been a massive failure and for both sides it's best to part.

Yes. Let' hope the succesion planning is actually quite near completion and we have a number of options. Who knows - maybe even someone from abroad, with zero connections to Sir Timekeeping Whingealot to be on the safe side, unless the 'progressive' thinking is candidate must have Premiership experience

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2015, 11:50:23 AM »
He says we are making progress but even a quick look at the results and table suggests the opposite.

If he really means this then both he and Lerner have their heads not just in the sand, but buried about a foot deep. Also, if this is a fully committed Randy we are seeing then God help us if he ever really loses interest.
On every single level, on every single measurable, Lambert has been a failure.
The fact that the decision makers at the club don't see this is worrying.
Disturbing and worrying.   

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 11:56:18 AM »
The trouble is finding a suitable candidate to replace Lambert if the American's sack him...but of course that is not going to happen.

Mr Lerner,we have found,is a decent well meaning man who appears to have been found out in the football sense and also the business sense. What he is sure of,however, is the fact that sacking the current manager will cost him money..a lot of money...and this doesn't please him. So we are stuck with Lambert even if we go down.

Fox is a figures man who has been brought in to improve finance. That is his job.

We have just beaten a Championship club who fielded several reserves and people are getting over excited.

Unless we start scoring on a regular basis we could go down.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 12:55:30 PM by Ron Manager »

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2015, 11:56:27 AM »
Why does all this remind me of Comical Ali?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2015, 11:59:27 AM »

Yep that's very true. It is staggering that Lambert appears bullet proof.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal