collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much do you care about Villa?  (Read 8087 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: How much do you care about Villa?
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2015, 01:09:48 AM »
I don't know if it's because I'm getting older but I'm completely chilled about our current dilema and perhaps give the impression that I don't care as much as I once did. I used to rant endlessly in the Ellis era, perhaps because then we always seemed one player off being a great team and Doug wouldn't go that extra bit just to take us there.

Now we are hundreds of millions away from competing at the top so it seems pointless to rant about being either 16th or 6th and still not winning anything. I still absolutely enjoy my matchdays as well regardless of the teams performance.

This is me apart from the last sentence.  I'm battered into submission by the last few seasons into the fact we are a bit shit.  Before then I'd always think we'd turn the corner but now avoiding the drop rather than Europe is the total of our ambition.  That being the case I am beginning to care a little less about our results as I'm almost as immune to losing on a regular basis as not being able to score a goal.  Three seasons ago any loss would ruin my weekend.

Sums up pretty well how I feel.  Must admit though that the recent cup exits against lower league opposition have registered a bit more, as they are the one glimmer of hope we have each season.  Two years on, I still can't believe we lost a two legged tie to a League Two team. 

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2015, 07:47:19 AM »
Lerner needs to read these posts. His shit leadership has drained nearly all the enthusiasm out of us fans.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2015, 08:18:52 AM »
It's a big part of me. I get really fucked off when we loose. I try not to let it piss me off but I can't help it. It has to be a real emergency to miss a home game. Close friend/family wedding etc. And i don't miss many aways. I do have lots of hobbies, interests and a life outside Villa. But it's the Villa that really make me tick.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2015, 11:50:21 AM »
Lambert is taking all my enthusiasm away, particularly the home record. Its not so bad if you're winning home matches at least. That plus the lack of competitiveness of football makes it seem utterly futile. We are never going to be more than an irrelevance unless we spend huge cash amounts and on top class players.

Offline b23

• GM : 02.09.2019
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2015, 12:54:06 PM »
I dont care about Villa
They dont care about me
All i care about is
b23

Offline levico

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2015, 04:18:20 PM »
I'm now playing the waiting game.

No use getting all worked up about a situation we clearly can't have any influence over. Lerner owns the club and if he doesn't want to be interested then that's his right.

I'm now watching, in person, with a sense of morbid curiosity. I think the next few years are going to be arguably the worst in our history but if I don't react too emotionally then, it will be interesting.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2015, 05:05:54 PM »
My love for football is being eroded by the state of the game, fuck the premiership, give the game back to fans intead of customers, and hang that bastard Blatter and i may re-discover it.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2015, 05:28:15 PM »
I must care about Villa because I am on here way too much. However detachment from living in Birmingham has its pluses in that I don't live and die by our recent years of misery. Plus I was in Birmingham during the darkest times in my following of the club.

Now it washes over pretty quickly and doesn't consume me as it once did. I have too much other stuff going, mainly my little girls to let that happen. I still hate us losing or not playing to what I perceive to be our potential but it's not what it was. Maybe like many of us the way the club have operated in the last few years has eaten away at our anger and left us all a little comatose.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2015, 06:06:51 PM »
My love for football is being eroded by the state of the game, fuck the premiership, give the game back to fans intead of customers, and hang that bastard Blatter and i may re-discover it.

Agree with you. I say I don't care but i parted with £40 last week to go to VP. I must have a dull life but that 20 mins after Gill came on was great. You cant beat the feeling.

The FA Cup results today restore a bit of faith in the game

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2015, 06:43:04 PM »
After 8 season tickets in a row, I did not renew this season. At first, it felt bad not going, but as the season has gone on, I've cared a hell of a lot less than I did about how we're getting on when I was regularly going. Of course it's frustrating seeing us in this position, but it doesn't feel anywhere near as bad as when I was watching us being shit every week.

I was planning on going to a few games though, but as of yet, I've been to the Hull match and that's it.

I've watched us on TV loads, but that's probably more a social thing as I go round to friends houses to watch it. I used to have to trawl the Internet to find a stream of us, but this season I haven't been bothered at all.

Is my love dwindling? Possibly...I need some inspiration to get me back...

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2015, 06:47:47 PM »
 However detachment from living in Birmingham has its pluses in that I don't live and die by our recent years of misery.[/b

See TV, I'm the opposite.  Being away from home means that there is no one to discuss the Villa with.  There are a few Villa supporters around here but not many and, in fairness to them I don't think they fully understand the depth of feelings that Villa can evoke.  This is what makes it all so frustrating for me.

H&V helps to alleviate that frustration in some way.  I may not agree with some of what is written but, that's the joy of it.   A consensus of opinions that give food for thought.  I wish I could detach myself like you are able to do.  That is not a criticism BTW.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2015, 10:41:46 AM »
I haven't been to Villa match since Swansea home game and first game from Benteke at home. I have been supporting Villa very strongly between 1981-1984 (First Game is Crystal Palace at home) then Boarding School years then start supporting Villa from 1989 to David O'Leary era and very strongly into it and even done a massive football web site (The Villan's WWW) then lost interest as I was not earning due to being out of work and fed up with Doug Ellis and dislike David O'Leary. Then Randy Lerner came with Martin O'Neill came back to supporting Villa Watched 3 or 4 years of football then given up as we lost Milner, Young and Barry. Plus my changing hours in the job as postman make it harder for me to attend and discovering Salsa which gave me so many highs and few low and football give me too many lows and not enough high. Now I am hooked in dancing and travel all over Europe to dance. I mostly love watch midweeks European matches at Villa Park. I love watching us play the like of Barcelona, Deportivos, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Athletic Bilbao. I have no interest in watch Aston Villa V Fulham, Everton and co.

Just give me Entertaining football, exciting players and big european nights I will be back. I am not increased in watching bland stuff. Before Salsa I travelled to Spain, Holland, Scotland, and Italy to watch football on holiday. Since then I been to Lithuania, Croatia (3), Spain (3), Mallorca (2), Holland (2), Scotland (2), Poland, Malta for salsa holiday/weekend (and Venice).

In two weeks time I will finish paying for my car so I will have increased income if I want to come back to football, but I can't see any reason to do this. I don't even have Skysports at home this season. I am happy with just BT Sport and Espn, and NFL Game Pass for sport fit as I love American football.

For me Football have to compete with other entertainment for my passion.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2015, 10:48:42 AM »
I started reading the quotes at the top of te page and was going to quote, then i just kept on reading the individuals posts, and i agree with most if not all of the above.

my own quote, " i am saddened by what is happening at VP"

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2015, 10:56:06 AM »
I care a lot, Villa are a major part of my DNA. I'm not going to today though, but no doubt I'll follow the game as I do away games, trying to do other stuff whilst really listening to what's happening.

I'm unhappy with what is going on and how the supporters have been beaten into a general apathetic mood.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal