collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much do you care about Villa?  (Read 8093 times)

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
Re: How much do you care about Villa?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 05:16:18 PM »
My love for Villa and football in general has been on the wane for a few years now, our current plight isn't helping, but it had dropped way before that, even when we we're doing well in Randy's first three years. It's probably more to do with getting older, having better things to do with my time and money, and the over hyped bullshit that is Sky and modern football in general. Seeing the Sky ad for the transfer window night makes me feel sick and represents all that is wrong with the modern game. Happy weekend folks !

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 05:23:10 PM »
My enthusiasm is being badly dented, but I doubt my love of the Villa will go.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 05:27:39 PM »
My love for Villa and football in general has been on the wane for a few years now, our current plight isn't helping, but it had dropped way before that, even when we we're doing well in Randy's first three years. It's probably more to do with getting older, having better things to do with my time and money, and the over hyped bullshit that is Sky and modern football in general. Seeing the Sky ad for the transfer window night makes me feel sick and represents all that is wrong with the modern game. Happy weekend folks !

Pretty much this for me too -

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2015, 05:28:11 PM »
Too much. Try as I might defeat still hurts.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2015, 05:30:16 PM »
Enough to feel physically ill when things are bad and to be unapproachable at times to the extent I am considering not attending as it does me no good
Enough to wake up worrying in the night (which seems to be most of the time these days)

Offline Taylor

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2015, 05:52:50 PM »
Most of the time I hate football. But I love villa. If Villa win I love football again. I also love cricket, but if England lose, I still love cricket. Does any of this make any sense? it's Friday, and I've had a couple of glasses of Rioja.

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2015, 05:59:19 PM »
This is my home page

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2015, 06:35:33 PM »
Most of the time I hate football. But I love villa. If Villa win I love football again. I also love cricket, but if England lose, I still love cricket. Does any of this make any sense? it's Friday, and I've had a couple of glasses of Rioja.

I'm starting to love Rioja more than Villa.

Online Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2015, 06:55:41 PM »
It's an odd one for me because it's rare that I'm able to get down to see games, but I do pore over Villa related news and spend a lot of time reading news about the club. I've been on this forum since about 2005 through it's various incarnations. This is from someone who has come to detest the 'business' of football. I couldn't care less about other clubs, who is going for the title, who won what, my interest in football has boiled down solely to Villa. I'll passionately debate why I think Villa are amongst the greatest clubs with people but more and more I keep it to myself. I know we are, we know we are, sod the rest. So I think it's fair to say my love for Villa smoulders.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2015, 07:16:52 PM »
Over the years I have begun to resent the amount Villa invades my life - a lot of the time I wish I didn't care but then we win and the mental high it gives takes over. The only thing I can draw a comparison with is being the 'other' man/woman in an extra-marital affair. You know it's not going to end well but cannot end the relationship because the short-term good times outweigh the rest of time. As for football as a whole - there is just too much coverage and it is way past saturation point for club football.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2015, 07:23:17 PM »
some of the best days i've ever lived in my life have been watching Villa,

I don't go as much nowadays and the reason for that is nothing to do with football,
my Son who I used to go with all the time since he was a very small boy hit his mid twenties and upped and went to live with his family in Manchester

call me a pussy but its not the same on your own

the greatest father son times can be had at football grounds, I'm convinced of that, memories that will last a lifetime, that's why I love the Villa, its given me those

the good news is I have another lad of 6, the bad news is he's not showing much interest in football

all I know is whenever Villa are playing, no matter where I am in the world, I always know and follow the match if I can and look for the score asap if I cant

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2015, 07:24:24 PM »
I care for Villa far more than Randy Lerner or Paul Lambert do. Modern football is wank to be fair but my passion would be rekindled like the flick of a switch if something positive happened at Villa.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2015, 07:45:48 PM »
I will be at the next 5 matches before going away for a week.
That pretty much sums up how sad I am.

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2015, 07:49:40 PM »
A lot but it doesn't affect me mood wise - never has done really but nothing feels like walking up to VP on matchday. I moved to London when I left school and only came back to the Midlands about 5 years ago. Having Villa on my doorstep is something I've looked forward to most of my adult life and despite the last few seasons being able to get to VP easily is a luxury in my eyes. I have three sons and look forward to taking them when they're old enough. Some of my strongest early childhood memories are going to football with my Dad (albeit to Wolves....hope my lads support their old mans team!!!!!)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2015, 07:53:03 PM »
I actually love the area around the ground. It's a special place and I always get a vibe walking up to the game. It's etched in my brain from childhood , the smell of the brewery, the smell of the Hp sauce factory, the AV lights, midweek night games were magical that Uefa cup run in 78 pure magical stuff .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal