collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ill Discipline  (Read 2661 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Ill Discipline
« on: January 13, 2015, 06:30:53 PM »
We've now had numerous red cards and three separate misconduct charges in the past few months. Now obviously we've had a couple of dodgy decisions, but this is becoming a serious problem now. We're a poor side already we can't afford to be losing players to needless suspensions and I imagine if we continue to get charged with not controlling our players then the punishments will get more severe. Do people think this is symptomatic of a lack of respect and discipline at the club or something else?

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Ill Discipline
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 06:32:49 PM »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 06:34:19 PM »
It could just be down to frustration with how things are going.

I'd rather see us getting pissed off and showing some fight than just losing meekly. Obviously i'd rather see us winning but you know what I mean.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 06:38:11 PM »
We've now had numerous red cards and three separate misconduct charges in the past few months. Now obviously we've had a couple of dodgy decisions, but this is becoming a serious problem now. We're a poor side already we can't afford to be losing players to needless suspensions and I imagine if we continue to get charged with not controlling our players then the punishments will get more severe. Do people think this is symptomatic of a lack of respect and discipline at the club or something else?

No accountability. The players by and large know the team is always the same, no matter how the performance is. The manager knows he wont get the sack no matter how bad the performances are. The coaches got away with bullying allegedly for a while. No one ultimately answers for any actions to the heirarchy, they all kid themselves it's all ok.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 06:41:23 PM »
Compare and contrast the disciplinary records of the 80/81 team with our current crew. The spine of Dennis Mortimer, Alan Evans and Peter Withe took no prisoners but would not tolerate handbags.  Can you imagine having to walk past Ron Saunders on your way to an early bath?

Offline manic-road

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 06:57:02 PM »
A lot of it is down to the frustration with such poor refereeing decisions.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 08:28:53 PM »
How do the punishments escalate?  Surely not a points deduction?

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 08:32:10 PM »
I'd rather see us getting pissed off and showing some fight than just losing meekly. Obviously i'd rather see us winning but you know what I mean.
If we weren't doing it then people would just be complaining that we were being too nice and not trying to influence decisions "like the big teams do"..

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 08:36:27 PM »
How many bookings have we had for dissent or fouls due to being petulant about an earlier referee decision.  This is down to poor discipline.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 09:03:54 PM »
Clark was a lot to do with okore being out for over a year with a injury , I understood the way he felt , seeing a fellow player get a bad tackle like that after a lengthy injury .

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 10:19:48 PM »
If we weren't doing it then people would just be complaining that we were being too nice and not trying to influence decisions "like the big teams do"..

Showing some fight and getting regularly sent off are two different things.

Successful sides never have poor discipline. Their team mates and management wouldn't allow it

When I say fight, I mean effort and endeavour something the likes of Gabby wouldn't know about. i don't mean getting sent off.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 10:33:09 PM »
Clark was a lot to do with okore being out for over a year with a injury , I understood the way he felt , seeing a fellow player get a bad tackle like that after a lengthy injury .
Didn't Okore do his knee on the pitch against Newcastle?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 10:34:56 PM »
Didn't Okore do his knee on the pitch against Newcastle?

Yep.  It was Kozak that Clark knobbled.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 10:48:24 PM »
At the game I thought Clark had grabbed the Leicester player round the throat and that was what the 2nd yellow was for. Mate next to me thought the same. Looking at replays so did Nugent on the pitch - that's the gesture he makes to the ref. Is that what the ref saw too? But it's the Leicester player who grabs Clark.
Other than his "aggressive" body language I don't know what Clark's 2nd yellow is for. His shoulder charge? That happens all the time and nothing like the GBH that goes on at every set piece/corner...which some refs sometimes take action against but most ignore.

We've had some bad luck with reds...other teams' players have done same/worse than ours and stayed on the pitch. It's partly frustration on our players' part, partly very shite, very inconsistent refereeing.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 10:49:54 PM »
Compare and contrast the disciplinary records of the 80/81 team with our current crew. The spine of Dennis Mortimer, Alan Evans and Peter Withe took no prisoners but would not tolerate handbags.  Can you imagine having to walk past Ron Saunders on your way to an early bath?

It is totally different eras in terms of what is acceptable on the pitch.  You could argue even 15 years ago that all of this seasons red cards we we at most bookings.  And I also agree that everybody is simply getting frustrated and its manifesting itself in this way.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal