collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 09:01:20 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:01:15 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Dante Lavelli
[Today at 09:00:38 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 08:57:51 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:56:07 PM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Lsvilla
[Today at 08:53:19 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Bad English
[Today at 08:53:08 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:52:59 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Liverpool protest ?  (Read 54468 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Re: Liverpool protest ?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 11:02:10 AM »
fuck off with your protest. If you want to protest then do so by not going. I will be there supporting my team and hoping that my support will help us to get something out of the game and maybe, just maybe, turn a corner
Here is a good example of "in - fighting"
This is the sort of thing we saw Saturday

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 11:08:17 AM »
Can't see this form of 'protest' working, telling a couple of hundred people on a web forum to boycott 8 minutes will barely register a blip on the clubs radar....the original '£' sign is the only protest I remember having any real traction.  Spontaneous outpouring of vitriol at Lambert & Lerner if the game is going badly is the only way of getting an immediate message across.

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 11:14:33 AM »
fuck off with your protest. If you want to protest then do so by not going. I will be there supporting my team and hoping that my support will help us to get something out of the game and maybe, just maybe, turn a corner

protesting during games helps no-one

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 11:14:36 AM »
Can't see this form of 'protest' working, telling a couple of hundred people on a web forum to boycott 8 minutes will barely register a blip on the clubs radar....the original '£' sign is the only protest I remember having any real traction.  Spontaneous outpouring of vitriol at Lambert & Lerner if the game is going badly is the only way of getting an immediate message across.

I think the booing and barracking of Lambert would eventually work - the fans may not mean much but it would certainly tarnish the clubs image

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 11:16:53 AM »

Agree just boycott Stoke game in it's entirety may work better

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 11:17:53 AM »

I agree. Write, email, whatever but support the team during the match.

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 11:18:30 AM »

or just stay away and save your pennies

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2015, 11:21:18 AM »
There will be people who will not want to support this.
Equally, there will be people who do. This may including season ticket holders, or people who have attended for years, maybe decades.
You are telling them they can't show their frustration and displeasure at the way they see the club going.
Is this, better fan than you syndrome ?         
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:23:17 AM by andyh »

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2015, 11:24:01 AM »
There will be people who will not want to support this.
Equally, there will be people who do. This may including season ticket holders, or people who have attended for years, maybe decades.
You are telling them they can't show their frustration and displeasure at the way they see the club going.
Are you a better fan than them, then ?         
Well said. Everyone is entitled to support / protest in their own way and there is no need to tell people to "fuck off"
Turning up week in week out like some lapdog lemming may not be helping the club either. Have you thought about that .

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2015, 11:24:21 AM »

or go and voice your opinion on how your club is being run.

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 11:38:19 AM »
that's fair enough, and when I said fuck off I wasn't actually telling people to fuck off of course. You're right, everyone is entitled to protest as they see fit, and in the past in the Ellis glory days I too protested.

I was actually making the point that I won't be joining in the protest, I think protesting during the game helps no-one and will achieve nothing. If people stay away in large enough numbers then that may achieve something, may not, not sure how much the club rely on the gate money these days. Again, I wont be staying away for league games as I have already paid for my ticket but I didn't attend the Blackpool game and I wont be going to the Bournemouth game.

And of course I'm a better fan than you, I'm the best fan ever ever ever :-)

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 12:03:35 PM »
Sadly, I can't join in this protest as I'm already holding my own silent one and not going. If I'm served shit food in restaurants I don't go back, transformers the movie was shit so I didn't go and see the next two. I spent a load of money going to the Sunderland game which was rubbish, watched palace and Leicester on the Internet which was even worse so cancelled plans to go to Liverpool and Bournemouth.
The national media have picked up on this protest already, if we don't want to be watching shit football and contestant relegation battles, we as fans should be 100% behind this.

Online Holte L2

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 12:10:26 PM »
I quite liked the silent protest I saw on YouTube with one of the Swedish teams. Full house, but it was eerily quiet for a set period of time before they all started going mental with their support.

I think a silent protest would be very easy to organise.

We do that every home game anyway.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »

or go and voice your opinion on how your club is being run.

It's a bit expensive to go down to shout at the team

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 12:20:35 PM »
I hate that song "We want our Villa back".

Me too. "Our Villa" hasn't gone anywhere; its just shit at football at the moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal