collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Whose to blame for Comical Lambert ?  (Read 12767 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Whose to blame for Comical Lambert ?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 07:30:50 PM »
I'm not sure he is

Three more defeats on a trot , were in the bottom three, its going to be really hard to get the morale going to get us out of the bottom three.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 07:37:43 PM »
Even if we 'asked' for Lambert (a conceit which winds me up; as if the recruitment process starts and ends with who will make Randy Lerner look like a good guy), why do some have the sense that we have to put up with it, like we're shackled to someone we were warned time and again about? He's a crap manager, a proven failure. If we did indeed sway his appointment, we as fans were wrong, as people are. Get rid.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 07:44:10 PM »
Lambert wasn't my first choice to be manager but when he arrived he made all the right noises and I was quite enthused. So I do feel kind of partly responsible.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 07:54:20 PM »
You weren't alone in wanting him to succeed. But don't lose any sleep over any perceived loyalty.

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2015, 08:31:54 PM »
3rd successive season of struggle which sees us sink further and further down. If Lerner was 'onsite' he would be closer to the anger. Comical Lambert would be long gone. I blame Lerner 100% for this mess and still keeping him in charge.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2015, 08:47:06 PM »
I think we, the fans must take some share of the blame that he is still here.   I do not expect anybody to agree with me but I have always felt that the termination of TSM was such an outpouring of anger by us that there is a great reluctance to do the same to his replacement.   It's like having two kids who have both been as naughty as each other and you smack the first one's bum but you feel guilty so the second one only gets a good telling off.   Witness the fact that there are still a tenth of the fans who still want to give him more time.   We the fans, collectively never gave Vic Crowe or Tommy Cummings, or Josef Venglos or Graham Turner or Billy McNeill or David O'Leary anything like the degree of latitude which has been extended to Paul Lambert who I personally rate as worse in most key aspects of team management and coaching than any of them.   We must take our share of the blame because, as I have said on here many times, you get what you are prepared to put up with.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2015, 08:53:28 PM »
I think we, the fans must take some share of the blame that he is still here.   I do not expect anybody to agree with me but I have always felt that the termination of TSM was such an outpouring of anger by us that there is a great reluctance to do the same to his replacement.   It's like having two kids who have both been as naughty as each other and you smack the first one's bum but you feel guilty so the second one only gets a good telling off.   Witness the fact that there are still a tenth of the fans who still want to give him more time.   We the fans, collectively never gave Vic Crowe or Tommy Cummings, or Josef Venglos or Graham Turner or Billy McNeill or David O'Leary anything like the degree of latitude which has been extended to Paul Lambert who I personally rate as worse in most key aspects of team management and coaching than any of them.   We must take our share of the blame because, as I have said on here many times, you get what you are prepared to put up with.
100% correct Brian.
Lambert has got away with murder, he's had an easy ride due to the previous manager's dalliance with the dark side.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 10:16:00 PM »
100% correct Brian.
Lambert has got away with murder, he's had an easy ride due to the previous manager's dalliance with the dark side.

And you would think in the days of social media, some sort of protest would be a lot easier to organise?  I think everyone is a bit apathetic about AVFC and football in general including me.

In the Ellis days, we were protesting so we could challenge for honours. Now we are protesting in the hope we finish mid table at best. Winning anything is beyond most clubs these days. The league cup doesn't really count, although i would take that right now!

Also having an absent owner makes it more difficult to protest as there is nothing actually. Visible to protest against. In the old days Ellis would be leaving the ground and would be made well aware in the car park what the fans thought. Cant happen these days and even lambert isn't an easy target aside from the matches themselves.

Pitiful situation we are in and all inflicted by our absent owner

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 10:48:20 PM »
Largely agree Brian.
I think we've become easy to please and grateful for small mercies based on a succession of crisis situations...MON's walk out, MacDonald's attempt to save the situation, Gerard's illness, McAllister's stepping in, TSM's disastrous appointment and sacking. Lambert came along as a bright young thing who most fans seemed to favour very clearly and thought would herald a period of stability. We could see some hope towards the end of the first campaign and fans were prepared to be patient to see if things could pick up again. But it's been a pretty much downhill trend since with little or no sign of plan, approach or philosophy of how Lambert believes the game/his team should be played.
The protests have been a long time coming but they're here now and I think will only get louder. The media are starting to take note and comment - 5Live tonight again had focus on us and how poor things are on and off the field. Pat Murphy was not as bad as I expected but was pretty honest in his views with a nod to "lots of angry Villa fans". 
The conclusion was though, that Lambert seems to be here to stay as Lerner has given him a few million quid to spend on unknown/unreliable hopefuls.
I see it as yet another plan - more crisis management - that Lambert/Lerner are using to buy time.
Like a number of others on here have expressed in other threads, I hope the new personnel work out because I want Aston Villa to do better, get out of trouble, climb the table, "succeed".
But I have just about had it with Lambert and his shite tactics ruining the reputation of the club I love and I will be joining in with the "Lambert Out" chants at the end of games where he has mismanaged the team yet again.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2015, 12:27:23 AM »
If I understand it correctly, our negative reaction to the McLaren idea played no part in Lerner deciding to take things no further.  That being the case, I find it difficult to believe that he took much notice of some fans' support for Lambert pre-appointment.  Similarly I doubt if he'll pay much attention to most fans' desire for someone else to be brought in.

I'm afraid to say it seems as if the club is currently being run, and in fact has been run for some time, in the best interests of Lerner himself than the team.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 12:28:56 AM »
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that people weren't too apathetic to protest. What would those protests look like, and what would you hope that they achieve?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 12:30:05 AM »
Sorry, meant to quote Rudy65's post above.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 04:19:28 AM »
Are these people talking about the same person? Albeit, this article is from June 2012.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/18293457

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 06:55:13 AM »
The main problem is that we have brought into Lerner's downgrading of our ambitions, while also being bombarded by the fact that it is the Sky 4,5 or 6, this week 2 Chavski, Abu City , who are the only ones in the league that have a chance of success.
We now class staying in the league as the be all and end all, even accepting someone like Tony Penis regardless of the style, as long as he keeps us up. The disconnect that Lerner has been a major factor in happening, is nearly fully accepted.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 07:16:02 AM »
The main problem is that we have brought into Lerner's downgrading of our ambitions, while also being bombarded by the fact that it is the Sky 4,5 or 6, this week 2 Chavski, Abu City , who are the only ones in the league that have a chance of success.
We now class staying in the league as the be all and end all, even accepting someone like Tony Penis regardless of the style, as long as he keeps us up. The disconnect that Lerner has been a major factor in happening, is nearly fully accepted.
Arranging a press conference for a player that cost £3 million quid in an attempt to appease the fans sums up where the club is at the moment. Pathetic!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal