collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are we, as supporters, doing enough???  (Read 14592 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Are we, as supporters, doing enough???
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2015, 03:21:19 PM »
SIr,
Know this there was a shareholders meeting held in the old witton rd stand(so many of us had shares).Doug was definately voted out and the Bednalls were voted in because they promised to keep Ron Saunders,who even you will agree was our best manager in living memory!

In 1968 Birmingham City director Doug Ellis became Villa chairman. In 1975 he was succeeded as chairman by Sir William Dugdale but remained on the board. In 1979 he called an EGM in an attempt to force then-chairman Harry Kartz and the Bendalls off the board. He lost and resigned himself. In 1981 Ron Bendall became chairman. In the summer of 1982 Ellis was briefly chairman of Wolves. In December 1982 Ron Bendall sold his shares to Ellis, who became chairman again.

Offline jollyjake

« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2015, 03:24:48 PM »
as in the past back, to you and me sooner or later thats if theres enough of us left who care.
but like you i.m not optomistic.
perhaps this time we all just give in ,having be set a fine example by Lerner !

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2015, 03:27:33 PM »
If you're jollyjake I wonder what miserablejake is like.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2015, 03:28:40 PM »
Well really its happening gradualy,the attendances are down,income will be down,when Lerner realises what he is doing and the more and more stay away,his asset is constantly devaluing,even he will realise if we stay away in enough numbers he has got to sell or go bust.

This is what I don't get when the 'fall in attendances' line gets trotted out.

Does anybody really think that Lerner will pack up and go just because of a few thousand off the gate receipts ?
As we are all aware, it is not our main stream of revenue (Sky put paid to that).

Survival in the premier league is everything to him (with or without the fans) and as long as Lambert keeps our head above the relegation spots there will be no managerial movement down at B6.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2015, 03:32:45 PM »
as in the past back, to you and me sooner or later thats if theres enough of us left who care.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2015, 03:47:11 PM »

Being a 'yoot' and from the text speak generation I can generally decipher pretty well what's being said.

Here I have no idea.

Offline jollyjake

« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2015, 03:55:26 PM »
the end is nigh

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2015, 04:24:44 PM »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2015, 04:29:04 PM »

I've cracked Paulies picture quiz. The top one is the bloke from The Grumbleweeds and the bottom one is Greg Dyke.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2015, 06:03:05 PM »
I agree but with the proviso  I also disagree

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2015, 07:22:43 PM »
Just found out that I have to work on the 17th against Liverpool. No way out of it.  That will be the first home game I will have missed since we thumped Bolton 4-2 around 2008/9ish.  I cant decide whether missing this game is a good thing or a bad thing which is where my level of apathy is ATM.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2015, 01:57:12 AM »
For the most part I think the supporters have been really good.  There were a couple of strong crowds over Christmas (along with the smaller ones too).  Compared to a lot of clubs, there has not been too much of a backlash against the manager given the form of the last 2-3 years.  And the away form has been just as strong as normal.  I was at the Palace away match and they sang their hearts out that night. 

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2015, 08:10:05 AM »
For the most part I think the supporters have been really good.  There were a couple of strong crowds over Christmas (along with the smaller ones too).  Compared to a lot of clubs, there has not been too much of a backlash against the manager given the form of the last 2-3 years.  And the away form has been just as strong as normal.  I was at the Palace away match and they sang their hearts out that night. 

Absolutely GB! I was waiting for Lambert to start the "fans are getting the players down" malarky - I think we are so desperate for anything positve after Houllier/TSM and 2 1/2 seasons of TOSM that we have given him far too much leeway. Apart from a brief showing at the end of the first season it has been dire, tedious and embaressing. I'm just waiting for him to come out whining "well they didn't like us losing at home all the time so I've changed that..." - keep the pressure on him and support the team when they are playing

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal