collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 2014 Form  (Read 7657 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: 2014 Form
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2015, 10:31:18 AM »
If you go back to earlier last year, every one wanted to know what Randy was planning to do. We were all waiting with baited breath for a statement and he gave one. He get's criticized for not being open enough. When he is, he get's told he should have kept his mouth shut. I don't think the statement he made has made a lot if difference. He wants to sell but he hasn't found a buyer. It's as simple as that really.

He gets criticised for the state of the team and the downward spiral of the club over the last 5 years, and fully deserved it is too.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2015, 10:37:18 AM »
If you go back to earlier last year, every one wanted to know what Randy was planning to do. We were all waiting with baited breath for a statement and he gave one. He get's criticized for not being open enough. When he is, he get's told he should have kept his mouth shut. I don't think the statement he made has made a lot if difference. He wants to sell but he hasn't found a buyer. It's as simple as that really.

He gets criticised for the state of the team and the downward spiral of the club over the last 5 years, and fully deserved it is too.

And that's fair enough if that's what people think but that wasn't my point. He shouldn't be criticized for making a statement to supporters about what he wants to do with the club.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2015, 10:42:59 AM »
Despite Lerner's good intentions in the early days (although you could say some of it was slick PR) he's proved his stupidity time and again. I'd love that to miraculously change, but that's as unlikely as Alex McLeish suddenly transforming into a fearless and successful manager.

If Villa fans still aren't convinced of his lack of suitability to run a football club, just remember that he's managed to make a balls up at two sporting institutions, us and the Browns. He isn't going to wake up on New Year's Day, have an epiphany, and suddenly start making sensible decisions. He's impulsive at best, detached, disinterested and directionless at worst.

His latest act of stupidity was to reward Lambert's turgid, hopeless, brainless football with a silly contract that means we're stuck with him. The really hard thing to stomach is that Villa fans know there's no way out, so here we are desperately trying to convince ourselves that Lambert's 'new style' is something more progressive and enlightened than merely trying to play football. Three words: emperor's new knickers.

When General Krulak appeared back in the giddy days of 2006, he said that the intention was to restore hope to Villa fans. It's now 2015, and Lerner has achieved exactly the opposite. I'm not even hopeful that we can score two goals in a single match. Way to go.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:48:16 AM by Jimbo »

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2015, 11:56:17 AM »
Despite Lerner's good intentions in the early days (although you could say some of it was slick PR) he's proved his stupidity time and again. I'd love that to miraculously change, but that's as unlikely as Alex McLeish suddenly transforming into a fearless and successful manager.

If Villa fans still aren't convinced of his lack of suitability to run a football club, just remember that he's managed to make a balls up at two sporting institutions, us and the Browns. He isn't going to wake up on New Year's Day, have an epiphany, and suddenly start making sensible decisions. He's impulsive at best, detached, disinterested and directionless at worst.

His latest act of stupidity was to reward Lambert's turgid, hopeless, brainless football with a silly contract that means we're stuck with him. The really hard thing to stomach is that Villa fans know there's no way out, so here we are desperately trying to convince ourselves that Lambert's 'new style' is something more progressive and enlightened than merely trying to play football. Three words: emperor's new knickers.

When General Krulak appeared back in the giddy days of 2006, he said that the intention was to restore hope to Villa fans. It's now 2015, and Lerner has achieved exactly the opposite. I'm not even hopeful that we can score two goals in a single match. Way to go.

Well said.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2015, 01:49:39 PM »

I think that is a fair summation of what happened and hasn't happened thus far in terms of a sale.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2015, 06:49:54 PM »
Even the official site makes 2014 seem as godawful as it was: Villa in 2014: Our full news diary of the last 12 months -
http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4395265,00.html

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal