collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 2014 Form  (Read 7673 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: 2014 Form
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2014, 10:52:41 AM »
My point was that anyone who comes on here or contributes to the fanzine can start up a protest. Just because Dave edits a fanzine and speaks on the radio and TV a few times shouldn't mean he HAS to be the one who kick starts something.

I never said he should. Don't put words into my mouth.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2014, 10:53:43 AM »
My point was that anyone who comes on here or contributes to the fanzine can start up a protest. Just because Dave edits a fanzine and speaks on the radio and TV a few times shouldn't mean he HAS to be the one who kick starts something.

There is a plan in there, Lambert has just been unlucky.

Sorry that's not what I really think, he should have been sacked in the summer, what we have witnessed has been the stuff of nightmares.
Can you believe these last few years?!

What I can't believe is that Lerner has been allowed to get away with it. That's the real travesty.

So you keep saying. What do you suggest should be done, and why don't you do it?

I'm not high profile like you. Why don't you do something about it?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2014, 10:54:26 AM »

I didn't say he wrote the fanzine I said he was a high profile fan who edits Villa's only independent fanzine. I've seen and heard him being interview on the TV and radio numerous times, so nes high profile enough.

Thank you for thinking I'm so important that my opinions and actions would be noted by a billionaire 4,000 miles away. I'm honoured.

Im pretty sure these forums are monitored by someone at the club.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2014, 10:55:14 AM »

There is a plan in there, Lambert has just been unlucky.

Sorry that's not what I really think, he should have been sacked in the summer, what we have witnessed has been the stuff of nightmares.
Can you believe these last few years?!

What I can't believe is that Lerner has been allowed to get away with it. That's the real travesty.

So you keep saying. What do you suggest should be done, and why don't you do it?

I'm not high profile like you. Why don't you do something about it?

That was a flippant remark made in reply to your flippant remark. Don't take it to heart, Dave.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2014, 10:55:37 AM »

I didn't say he wrote the fanzine I said he was a high profile fan who edits Villa's only independent fanzine. I've seen and heard him being interview on the TV and radio numerous times, so nes high profile enough.

Thank you for thinking I'm so important that my opinions and actions would be noted by a billionaire 4,000 miles away. I'm honoured.

These forums are not the entire world.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2014, 10:56:24 AM »

That was a flippant remark made in reply to your flippant remark. Don't take it to heart, Dave.

Mine wasn't flippant in the slightest. You regularly say how someone should do something, so why don't you become that someone?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2014, 10:57:02 AM »

These forums are not the entire world.

Never?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2014, 11:00:09 AM »

Mine wasn't flippant in the slightest. You regularly say how someone should do something, so why don't you become that someone?

I'm not the person to start protests. We need people who are comfortable in front of the camera and mic and are eloquent and professional. That certainly isn't me. I'm sure there are some fans out there who tick all these boxes.
I'd suppose they'd have to have a problem with the way chairman has run us into the ground though.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2014, 11:01:24 AM »

I'm not the person to start protests. We need people who are comfortable in front of the camera and mic and are eloquent and professional. That certainly isn't me. I'm sure there are some fans out there who tick all these boxes.
I'd suppose they'd have to have a problem with the way chairman has run us into the ground though.

Just as long as it isn't you.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2014, 11:01:53 AM »

You did say only yesterday, did you not, that you wondered why someone who runs an independent fanzine didn't speak out against Randy?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2014, 11:10:04 AM »

Just as long as it isn't you.

Get you!

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2014, 11:53:41 AM »

We need high profile fans to start a protest (unlike me), you know like fans who used to bitch and scream whenever Ellis would as much as look at someone the wrong way. Fans who are used to talking to the press and would turn up to the opening of an envelope (where is Fear these days?)
We also need the Holte End to make some bloody noise in protest at the disgrace we have become instead of singing about Small Heath down the road.
Sadly though apathy rules at Villa Park these days.

It has just taken me about three minutes to find a few of the previous protagonists via a search of social media and Google, if you want to you could do the same and get the ball rolling. Besides, you say you are not high profile, but were any of those who were in charge of the previous protests high profile beforehand? Who had heard of Jon Fear before VFC except for a few people on a now mostly defunct mailing list? Who had heard of the likes of Naz or Robathan before AVISA and the protests that led to possibly the most successful protest of recent years, the £ sign one that possibly made Ellis fork out for JPA?

Go on, you could be a hero to thousands.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2014, 12:32:43 PM »
I already started the protest. I tutted loudly when we lost to Leyton Orient.

There was an audible gasp from the, mostly-empty, seats around me.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2014, 01:58:45 PM »
6th from bottom is about right for the form in 2014. We've been ok, nothing more thus far this season, but the poor post Christmas form last season and the post-Chelsea collapse was very poor indeed.

I don't think we will suffer such a dramatic loss of form this term, as we do look solid, albeit mind numbingly organised at times. You feel if we could add some risk and enterprise onto the solid base we have established, that we would pick up a few more points and score a few more goals.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:00:48 PM by Ads »

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2014, 02:33:29 PM »
Let me ask Dave, how do you feel about the sale of the club?   My view is and always has been that I do not want it sold and I think it was a very bad mistake to put it on the open market the way it was.   My preferred option is for Lerner to take it off the market.   Perhaps it is asking too much to also expect some statement of regret that it was handled the way it was.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal