collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 2014 Form  (Read 7656 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: 2014 Form
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 11:33:45 PM »
There is a plan in there, Lambert has just been unlucky.

Sorry that's not what I really think, he should have been sacked in the summer, what we have witnessed has been the stuff of nightmares.
Can you believe these last few years?!

What I can't believe is that Lerner has been allowed to get away with it. That's the real travesty.

So you keep saying. What do you suggest should be done, and why don't you do it?

I'm not high profile like you. Why don't you do something about it?

Because I don't want to.

I won't lie Dave, I am disappointed in you. If Bob Geldof had adopted the same attitude I wouldn't have had the pleasure of teaching my kids the lyrics to 'Do They Know It's Christmas' this Christmas morning and we would have missed out on the resulting singalong whenever it came on the music channels.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 01:47:54 AM »
I've said it often enough - I don't want a different owner, I want the one we've got to do a better job.

I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

Right.so go on, if you feel so strongly do something.
Why rely on a fanzine editor who clearly isn't as radical as you, get out there and protest. You have many like minded souls on here, I'm sure they will all be there alongside you as you storm the barricades.
Tell you what, the first protest you and all the like minded souls on here organise I promise to turn up and hand out leaflets or march up the Witton Lane or do whatever else you propose.
Got a nice name for your group yet?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 02:16:18 AM »
Anybody running on the pitch to occupy the centre circle or thinking of marching to occupy newspaper offices in Colmore Square in these times are likely to be kettled, sprayed with CS gas, finger printed, DNA'd and extraordinarily rendered to fuckbeckistan for waterboarding, rectal feeding, electric light probing, ice baths and forced to live upside down in coffins. Not gonna happen. The kidz don't need that fascist groove thang. 

Those seriously interested in protesting should use the Customer Order Numbers of supporters who have been loyal in the past but have now given up the ghost. This would be real leverage and might even influence potential investors. 

Viagogo is doing great business from increasing swathes of rapidly diminishing season ticket holders who don't want to go, but soon we will have WeAreNoGo to buy the tickets from the ViaGoGo people who don't want to go, and then IShouldCoco as the bottom bucket in the ticket cascade. Booking fees, commissions and VAT all along the line: it's all good.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 09:45:07 AM »

Sorry that's not what I really think, he should have been sacked in the summer, what we have witnessed has been the stuff of nightmares.

What I can't believe is that Lerner has been allowed to get away with it. That's the real travesty.

So you keep saying. What do you suggest should be done, and why don't you do it?

Because I don't want to.

I realised that a long long time ago.

And you clearly have a problem with it so I repeat - why not do something yourself?

Yes we've been here before, Dave. I do often wonder why a high profile supporter like you who edits the only independent Villa fanzine doesn't seem to have a problem with the way the chairman ran the football club during these last 5 or so awful years.
You say you "just don't want to". That's fair enough I suppose.

Of course it's fair enough. And I wouldn't call Dave 'high profile' anyway. He dosen't write the fanzine himself, it gets contributed to, just like this place. Anyone could start a protest if they wanted to.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 09:58:40 AM »
I thought the protest had begun already and is reflected in the home attendance figures ?

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 10:06:37 AM »
I thought the protest had begun already and is reflected in the home attendance figures ?

Yep my protest has started by giving up the season ticket and picking and choosing games. If Lerner continues to run the club in such a shambolic manner including the employment of the current manager and the "football" he serves up then that will turn into a full on boycott next year. This is 1998 all over again for me....

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 10:09:06 AM »

Yep my protest has started by giving up the season ticket and picking and choosing games. If Lerner continues to run the club in such a shambolic manner including the employment of the current manager and the "football" he serves up then that will turn into a full on boycott next year. This is 1998 all over again for me....

If we'd had the results in this calendar year 2014 that we had in 1998 I dare say our gripes would be of a different nature.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 10:10:58 AM »

If we'd had the results in this calendar year 2014 that we had in 1998 I dare say our gripes would be of a different nature.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 10:15:40 AM »

The UEFA Qtr Final did for me that season. I stormed out of the ground and didn't return for 6 years my small insignificant protest at the opportunities Ellis was squandering for the sake of his ego. I realise it made no difference but I'd like to think I was in some way vindicated by history?

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 10:39:19 AM »
I've said it often enough - I don't want a different owner, I want the one we've got to do a better job.

I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

Right.so go on, if you feel so strongly do something.
Why rely on a fanzine editor who clearly isn't as radical as you, get out there and protest. You have many like minded souls on here, I'm sure they will all be there alongside you as you storm the barricades.
Tell you what, the first protest you and all the like minded souls on here organise I promise to turn up and hand out leaflets or march up the Witton Lane or do whatever else you propose.
Got a nice name for your group yet?

We need high profile fans to start a protest (unlike me), you know like fans who used to bitch and scream whenever Ellis would as much as look at someone the wrong way. Fans who are used to talking to the press and would turn up to the opening of an envelope (where is Fear these days?)
We also need the Holte End to make some bloody noise in protest at the disgrace we have become instead of singing about Small Heath down the road.
Sadly though apathy rules at Villa Park these days.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2014, 10:44:44 AM »

Because I don't want to.

I realised that a long long time ago.

And you clearly have a problem with it so I repeat - why not do something yourself?

Yes we've been here before, Dave. I do often wonder why a high profile supporter like you who edits the only independent Villa fanzine doesn't seem to have a problem with the way the chairman ran the football club during these last 5 or so awful years.
You say you "just don't want to". That's fair enough I suppose.

Of course it's fair enough. And I wouldn't call Dave 'high profile' anyway. He dosen't write the fanzine himself, it gets contributed to, just like this place. Anyone could start a protest if they wanted to.

I didn't say he wrote the fanzine I said he was a high profile fan who edits Villa's only independent fanzine. I've seen and heard him being interview on the TV and radio numerous times, so nes high profile enough.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2014, 10:45:25 AM »

The UEFA Qtr Final did for me that season. I stormed out of the ground and didn't return for 6 years my small insignificant protest at the opportunities Ellis was squandering for the sake of his ego. I realise it made no difference but I'd like to think I was in some way vindicated by history?

UEFA Cup Quarter Final - what's one of them nowadays? For that matter what's a Top 8 finish? Top half finish?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2014, 10:46:48 AM »

UEFA Cup Quarter Final - what's one of them nowadays? For that matter what's a Top 8 finish? Top half finish?

Indeed.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2014, 10:50:59 AM »
My point was that anyone who comes on here or contributes to the fanzine can start up a protest. Just because Dave edits a fanzine and speaks on the radio and TV a few times a year shouldn't mean he HAS to be the one who kick starts something.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:52:59 AM by Clampy »

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2014, 10:51:30 AM »

I didn't say he wrote the fanzine I said he was a high profile fan who edits Villa's only independent fanzine. I've seen and heard him being interview on the TV and radio numerous times, so nes high profile enough.

Thank you for thinking I'm so important that my opinions and actions would be noted by a billionaire 4,000 miles away. I'm honoured.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal