collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season so far  (Read 4854 times)

Offline WestleyArmsAV

Re: Season so far
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 12:55:56 PM »
We are on the same points as Everton.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2014, 12:57:03 PM »
Agreed. Everton have been poor this season.

Offline WestleyArmsAV

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2014, 12:59:32 PM »
Yet have not had the crippling injuries we have had and spent over 30million.

Offline supertom

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2014, 01:01:19 PM »
Yet have not had the crippling injuries we have had and spent over 30million.
And yet they beat us with ease and will probably improve over the second half of the season.

Offline WestleyArmsAV

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2014, 01:05:25 PM »
And yet are on the same points. We will probably score more goals than the first half of the season.

Offline supertom

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2014, 01:14:40 PM »
And yet are on the same points. We will probably score more goals than the first half of the season.
With Benteke kept fit I would hope so. I still think as bad as Everton have been they will probably end up a good 10 points ahead of us by the end of the season and they are notoriously slow starters. If they sign one good CH they'll improve dramatically.

Offline WestleyArmsAV

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2014, 01:17:35 PM »
If Paul had some money to buy another class forward we would be flying.....oh wait a minute.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2014, 01:21:43 PM »
Don't you think Mark Hughes is a far better manager than Lambert, Westley? I do.

As a matter of interest under what circumstance would you question Lambert? Bottom of the table with no goals scored?

Offline supertom

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2014, 01:33:54 PM »
If Paul had some money to buy another class forward we would be flying.....oh wait a minute.
He's not getting enough out of the one we have as it is. There are good players in our squad but as a collective we always look disjointed, like the midfield and attack are playing on different pitches.

Online Gerrin

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »
I'd sell Vlaar,just because of his injury record and we actually have a few options on defence now.

Totally agree with this, he simply doesn't play enough games. It's not just this season he's missed loads but the last 2 also. He managed to string 7(?) games together in the World Cup and all of a sudden he's on everyones radar. Okore is the future for me alongside Clark or Baker.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2014, 01:44:38 PM »
He's not getting enough out of the one we have as it is. There are good players in our squad but as a collective we always look disjointed, like the midfield and attack are playing on different pitches.

Thank you! For a while now, I've been reaching for the right turn of phrase. I'm pinching this one.

Offline supertom

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2014, 02:40:28 PM »

Thank you! For a while now, I've been reaching for the right turn of phrase. I'm pinching this one.
Feel free.
On occasion I'd go as far as saying different planets.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2014, 02:55:04 PM »

Feel free.

Delph is from Mars, Weimann is from Venus.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:57:58 PM by joe_c »

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2014, 03:15:31 PM »
Even taking finances into account the football we've played for most of the season has been atrocious.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2014, 05:16:39 PM »

Feel free.

Delph is from Mars, Weimann is from Venus.

That must make Lambert the Hubble telescope.

Staring out into the distance, unable to influence what he's looking at, and the pictures he generates represent the distant past.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal