collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is celebrating an away goal among home fans ever acceptable?  (Read 33825 times)

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Re: Is celebrating an away goal among home fans ever acceptable?
« Reply #300 on: December 26, 2014, 07:09:34 PM »
A few of us did it at Luton when away fans were banned centuries ago.

Think it was 1-1 and someone lobbed an own goal over Les Sealey (RIP) - we had all talked about keeping a low profile but I guess we were not as strong willed as we thought!

A mate got hit on the back of the head, and we go some abuse. Fully deserved too.

No, it's not acceptable for adults to do it.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #301 on: December 27, 2014, 11:03:52 AM »
Tourists and neutrals are fine, I've been to be plenty of games as a neutral, but I wouldn't be cheering when the away team scored if I was sat in the home seats. That's the same across Europe, not just England, so we before we flog ourselves to death about being terrible fans, it's just the nature of club football. Is it logical, no, of course it isn't, but that's how it is.

Interestingly, at national level this doesn't seem to be as prevalent, is it because the type of fan that travels around the world has a different mindset to club fans?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 06:15:43 AM by London Villan »

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #302 on: December 28, 2014, 12:07:59 PM »
No it is not acceptable, ever, and rather the stewards eject them than some irate home fans.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #303 on: December 28, 2014, 06:24:12 PM »
I went to watch the Baggies on Boxing Day with some Olbiyun family members (by marriage, not blood!). Despite the comedy on show in that first half I managed not to celebrate, or even laugh, at any of the 3 goals they conceded.

You've got to respect the people you're around, even when they're Boggies.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #304 on: December 28, 2014, 06:25:53 PM »
I'm digging a big hole in central London before the Sunderland game but I will make kick off its the last thing I do

Bet you wish you'd carried on digging.

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #305 on: December 28, 2014, 07:19:59 PM »
Ok folks I will stand alongside the counter at the club shop in new street and when ppl want tickets for the manure or pool game even arse they can have my booking history ref.
because they can't make the hull or palace game and they don't want to see the mighty burnley but we can make the others and we want a friendship scarf .
I'm not visiting relatives because I'm watching the villa against palace and I'm digging a big hole in central London before the Sunderland game but I will make kick off its the last thing I do

And if you were a visitor to the city and wanted to watch a game, and don't support either side, what would you do?

Like it or not we have plenty of tourists/neutrals at VP for every game.

Sit in with the home fans and cheer on the home team.  Or at the very least sit there and enjoy your neutral football experience however that manifests itself.

I'm only really neutral about teams I don't know about or care about.  Chester vs Rochdale?  Don't give a shit, but if due to some weird circumstance I find myself in the Chester end, I'll cheer them on for 90 minutes.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #306 on: December 29, 2014, 07:33:59 PM »
Your right dave of neutrals at every game and all wearing a friendship scarf. And I bet evry one of them can pick out Rooney Gerrard Sanchez etc I welcome them all just as long as there villa fans.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #307 on: December 29, 2014, 08:23:02 PM »
I bet there are lots of us on here who used to go to places like Coventry in the good old days - and go in the home sections when our section was full - I remember being in their standing area when we scored - looking around I was not the only one smiling and resisting the urge to cheer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal