collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press up-beat  (Read 1862 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Press up-beat
« on: December 22, 2014, 12:07:58 AM »

Offline peter w

Re: Press up-beat
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 12:18:16 AM »
I was thinking about this bit yesterday:

"What was particularly heartening was that Villa came into this game on the back of a defeat, which under Paul Lambert has usually been the cue for another horrendous and often record-breaking sequence."

The next couple of games will tell us everything about us this season. It is conceivable that we will lose at Swansea but how we respond to that is crucial. Sunderland and Palace at home are as big a pair of games for us as many games over the past few seasons. We should win them and if we do it's a sign that the team have stepped into the next level and away from the perennial relegation fighters. Small but significant step.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 12:42:08 AM »
"..on Saturday’s showing, Villa don’t have to fear – provided they continue with that spirt and that intent."

110% agree. As Mourinho likes to call it a 'collectiveness', we really were in it together. I was far more impressed with the spirit than with the new tactics. As I mentioned in the Post Match thread, for the first time it was a case of the boys becoming men. I was proud of all of them.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 01:33:45 AM »
Can't really argue with anything from this.  Good piece Dave.  And yes as Peter said the next few games will go a long way in shaping us for the second half of the season.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 08:57:28 AM »
Yep Good Performance - however the last few Christmas periods (away win at Chavski under McDoom aside) have been forgettable to say the least.

Let's see what Lambert can do to change that Swansea away is hard. Then 2 'easy' home games.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 12:14:12 PM »
"..on Saturday’s showing, Villa don’t have to fear – provided they continue with that spirt and that intent."

110% agree. As Mourinho likes to call it a 'collectiveness', we really were in it together. I was far more impressed with the spirit than with the new tactics. As I mentioned in the Post Match thread, for the first time it was a case of the boys becoming men. I was proud of all of them.

Agreed. The problem I find is that we've been here a couple of times before under Lambert, and for some reason Villa end up looking clueless for an extended period of time following a decent performance. I really hope that this time (more than any other time this time) we have turned a corner.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 11:21:36 AM »
Dave

I made the exact same reference to my mate on Saturday when we were talking before the game and would he wouldn't he bring in Vlaar. If I recall correctly it was McGraths return against Wolves away in the cup where he did not want to break the Mountfield / Neilson partnership so played all 3

Although that could be completely incorrect

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 10:35:04 PM »
Another good article Dave.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal