collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post-Match Thread  (Read 47714 times)

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Aston Villa v Manchester United Post-Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2014, 08:38:36 PM »
I still don't like all this rolling the ball out to defenders stood just off the goal line. It allows the opposition to defend high up the pitch.

Surely it's better than booting it up the pitch and giving it away again?!!

Something I'm sure we all agree on.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2014, 08:38:52 PM »
Seriously? Did he?

He was subbed at half time.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »
Seriously? Did he?
Yeah he got subbed off at half time.  I actually feel a bit sorry for him because he had that illness and it's completely broken him as a player.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2014, 08:43:53 PM »
I still don't like all this rolling the ball out to defenders stood just off the goal line. It allows the opposition to defend high up the pitch.

Surely it's better than booting it up the pitch and giving it away again?!!
I've no problem with rolling the ball out to a player in space but I don't see the point of rolling it to a player who is immediately put under pressure and has to hurridly clear or pass it straight back to Brad.

Sometimes there's nothing wrong with booting the ball up the pitch

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2014, 08:47:32 PM »
loved this quote from the telegraph

There is still too much chaos in their play; too much fragility in defence. The game’s dominant performers – goalscorer Christian Benteke, who adds so much power and presence, Fabian Delph in midfield and defender Jores Okore – were all in claret and blue.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2014, 08:53:06 PM »
Find Van Gaal's comments pretty disrespectful to us too...
...saying Utd gave away 2 points with no reference to the influence of the sending off or the fact that there was another team on the pitch.
Twaat!
I heard his post match interview, your right, he's a very disrespectful prick. I don't like him one bit.

Well played villa today, Lambert's definitely doing something right on the training ground now. Fair play to him.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2014, 08:55:03 PM »
loved this quote from the telegraph

There is still too much chaos in their play; too much fragility in defence. The game’s dominant performers – goalscorer Christian Benteke, who adds so much power and presence, Fabian Delph in midfield and defender Jores Okore – were all in claret and blue.

That's nice to read innit?

UTV!

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2014, 08:55:30 PM »
Cannot believe the moans about trying to play football from the back, how long have people been moaning about Brad kicking it long?

I thought we were excellent today, Okore was immense, the back three worked well, Hutton would not have let Young get that cross in, but Lowton did ok and the mark of 3 is so wrong. We have a nucleus of decent players now, can challenge for top half I reckon and like the way we are trying to play. The sending off was a disgrace and how the feck can a bloke from Bolton manage a Man ure game?

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2014, 08:57:01 PM »
Seriously? Did he?
Yeah he got subbed off at half time.  I actually feel a bit sorry for him because he had that illness and it's completely broken him as a player.

Shows how weak the Man Utd midfield is when it consists of an out of position Rooney and the remains of a once decent player in Fletcher.

Even the presence of the man, the legend, THE Michael Carrick in midfield for the second half didn't help them much.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2014, 08:59:40 PM »
Find Van Gaal's comments pretty disrespectful to us too...
...saying Utd gave away 2 points with no reference to the influence of the sending off or the fact that there was another team on the pitch.
Twaat!
I heard his post match interview, your right, he's a very disrespectful prick. I don't like him one bit.

Well played villa today, Lambert's definitely doing something right on the training ground now. Fair play to him.
Interesting that Lambert refers to the "new system" that he's asked them to play...and Benteke referred to in his interview on AVTV in the week.

So, is this all Lambert's idea? Influence of those who have stepped up since Keane's departure? Phoning his Mum?

Credit where it's due - it's better.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2014, 09:00:52 PM »
Unexpectedly, Ashley Young surpassed Stuart Downing in the Custard Coloured Cad stakes today, the prick.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2014, 09:03:09 PM »
Okore is so powerful - The Beast Mk 2. Young - an absolute wanker. Gabby should deck him before he gets on the team bus!!

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2014, 09:03:40 PM »
Cannot believe the moans about trying to play football from the back, how long have people been moaning about Brad kicking it long?

It's all about using the tactic in the right circumstances and with some variety. At the moment Brad is under orders from Lambert (who made it very clear with his verbal and gestured instructions today) to pass it short/wide every time.

Mixing in some longer throws would keep the opposition honest and not allow them to defend such a high line.

Also, using this tactic when playing three at the back means that Carlos has to drop deep alongside Vlaar, thus leaving one less player in midfield for the player receiving the short/wide pass to look for.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2014, 09:04:26 PM »
Seriously? Did he?

And a footballer who doesnt appear to be up his iwn arse, permanently. Genuinely underrated in my book.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal