collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Ticket Office  (Read 6795 times)

Offline tony.bill

Re: The Ticket Office
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 05:34:56 PM »
The ticket office have a mind or their and do not listen to requests over the phone, I live 125 miles away and always book away tickets via the phone however my requests are usually met with a 'we will try but cannot guarantee' when asking for tickets towards the back, then when tickets arrive find I am in row k 6 rows from the front at albion and 4 rows from the front at Stoke.
Customer Service at its best, like others a bit fed up with how they treat a paying customer, they rely on loyalty which is fast dwindling at Aston Villa FC

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 06:14:44 PM »
The ticket office have a mind or their and do not listen to requests over the phone, I live 125 miles away and always book away tickets via the phone however my requests are usually met with a 'we will try but cannot guarantee' when asking for tickets towards the back, then when tickets arrive find I am in row k 6 rows from the front at albion and 4 rows from the front at Stoke.
Customer Service at its best, like others a bit fed up with how they treat a paying customer, they rely on loyalty which is fast dwindling at Aston Villa FC

I don't think it matters how far you live away. When they've got the best part of 3,000 tickets to sell for a ground which is not theirs, it's often pot luck where away fans end up sitting. It's the way it is.

I think the ticket office do a great job overall.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 12:26:04 PM »

Is that something to do with it being away though?
Have had brilliant service getting specific seats for my lad and I over the years as he needs to be on an end and near an exit.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 12:51:19 PM »
At least the Man Utd game isn't on general sale so there will be less glory hunting local Man U fans in the home end this year. Obviously I'm still expecting some, who have mates who've got them tickets, or viagogo etc.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 01:39:30 PM »

On a positive note.....

I always ask for tickets near the back but appreciate they can't guarantee them, I forgot to ask and ended up with 10 tickets for West Ham on the front row, I popped them back in the post with a polite covering letter and they sent back 10 further back.

I had a nightmare with Albion tickets and the ticket office jumped through hoops to sort out 10 replacements in time so I can't praise them enough, in fact I can't remember the last time I had a problem to be honest.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 01:51:23 PM »
The only time I asked for a specific area to sit was a home game I went to a few years ago where I wanted to sit near the front of the North stand upper. And guess what? The absolute fucking arse hole put me literally on the back row. Probably on purpose despite doing nothing to upset him other than asking to be near the front.
That was face to face, rather than on the phone, and there were definately some empty seats near the front. I think I ended up moving a few rows forward.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:54:45 PM by Clark W Griswold »

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 04:59:21 PM »

On a positive note.....

I always ask for tickets near the back but appreciate they can't guarantee them, I forgot to ask and ended up with 10 tickets for West Ham on the front row, I popped them back in the post with a polite covering letter and they sent back 10 further back.

I had a nightmare with Albion tickets and the ticket office jumped through hoops to sort out 10 replacements in time so I can't praise them enough, in fact I can't remember the last time I had a problem to be honest.

Like you, I have nothing but the highest praise for the Ticket Office staff. Whenever I've needed anything from them they've been absolutely superb.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 10:04:16 PM »
At least the Man Utd game isn't on general sale so there will be less glory hunting local Man U fans in the home end this year. Obviously I'm still expecting some, who have mates who've got them tickets, or viagogo etc.
Does that mean it's sold out then ?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 10:13:01 PM »

No, you need a booking history to buy a ticket.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 10:13:39 PM »

You are joking. The place will be full of them.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »

Very close I reckon there's about 400 tickets left.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 10:15:20 PM »
It's not sold out, probably means you need to have a booking history.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 10:17:08 PM »

Very close I reckon there's about 400 tickets left.
If that's the case it will definitely be a sell out as easily that many will walk up on the day.

Offline Laurence

• Exiled in Lancashire
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2015, 09:39:46 AM »
I'm taking my six year old lad to his first game on Boxing day, he's not all that interested and I hope all the noise and people don't freak him out. However, I've got to get in early before Preston, Bolton or other horrors more unspeakable. 

Anyhow, my point is I spoke to Nathan at the ticket office this morning.  In order to allow us to sit near my mate in the upper Trinity he freed up two seats normally reserved for club use.  Fair play, he offered professional, helpful and friendly service.  Well done Villa.   

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2015, 09:44:27 AM »
I'm taking my six year old lad to his first game on Boxing day, he's not all that interested and I hope all the noise and people don't freak him out. However, I've got to get in early before Preston, Bolton or other horrors more unspeakable. 

Anyhow, my point is I spoke to Nathan at the ticket office this morning.  In order to allow us to sit near my mate in the upper Trinity he freed up two seats normally reserved for club use.  Fair play, he offered professional, helpful and friendly service.  Well done Villa.   

I'll get the nspcc on to you!!! Fair play mate, hope your son enjoys his day out. Visit the club shop, treat him to a few things and buy him food and drink and you've got a chance, he probably won't be that interested in the footy, and that might be a good thing at the moment. And don't worry about the noise, we are generally a quiet bunch in the upper trinity

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal