collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Ticket Office  (Read 6790 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
The Ticket Office
« on: December 15, 2014, 02:40:07 PM »
Apologies if there is already a ticket office thread.

Been down there today and the queue was snaking back almost out the door.  Only 1 bloke on the counter dealing with people yet there must be at least 7 windows plus one marked "priority queue season ticket holders" which was unmanned .
A lady appeared behind the glass after I'd been there about 15 mins waiting and we all thought - oooh another window will open. Nope. She was bringing the lone worker a cup of tea.
Incredibly poor from the TO. I hope they don't get as bad as they used to be back in the early 80's .

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
Re: The Ticket Office
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 02:44:23 PM »
Apologies if there is already a ticket office thread.

Been down there today and the queue was snaking back almost out the door.  Only 1 bloke on the counter dealing with people yet there must be at least 7 windows plus one marked "priority queue season ticket holders" which was unmanned .
A lady appeared behind the glass after I'd been there about 15 mins waiting and we all thought - oooh another window will open. Nope. She was bringing the lone worker a cup of tea.
Incredibly poor from the TO. I hope they don't get as bad as they used to be back in the early 80's .

Liverpool in the snow was it?

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 02:51:43 PM »
I'm sure there's some reasonable explanation for it. Besides, I'm surprised at how many people actually go to the ticket office in person when you can get tickets over the phone and via the internet.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 02:55:20 PM »
I'm sure there's some reasonable explanation for it. Besides, I'm surprised at how many people actually go to the ticket office in person when you can get tickets over the phone and via the internet.

If you are passing the ground anyway you save the booking fees. I always buy tickets in person, usually from the shop in town though.

Maybe the problems are because the online/phone is down more have gone to the TO in person, the club weren't expecting it to be so busy so they simply didn't have the staff rostered.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 03:01:20 PM »

If you are passing the ground anyway you save the booking fees. I always buy tickets in person, usually from the shop in town though.

Maybe the problems are because the online/phone is down more have gone to the TO in person, the club weren't expecting it to be so busy so they simply didn't have the staff rostered.

Don't you still pay a booking fee if you pay in person by card? 

I suppose if you're by the ground or in town then it makes sense to pop in.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
Personally I like to get the tickets in my hand as my postman is not the best. And I'm sure he's a nose.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 03:19:14 PM »

Don't you still pay a booking fee if you pay in person by card? 

I suppose if you're by the ground or in town then it makes sense to pop in.

Not if you pay cash. I always do as i'm too cheap give to up more money!

Offline eric woolban woolban

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 03:23:30 PM »
It's like a tax having to pay extra for tickets.
I had to pay something like £9 a ticket extra for Nickelback. £4 booking fee. £5 postage. Not even a chance to email them.
Cue snide remarks about nickelback 😀

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 03:30:54 PM »
I can understand the fee for posting tickets, but it's when they charge just for using a card that really grieves me. I don't pay extra for buying a block of cheese from the supermarket with a card, so why should I for a ticket when they just print it off and give it me the same as if I paid by cash?

And are you sure it wasn't Nickleback giving you £9 for attending? *winky*

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 03:31:19 PM »
Personally I like to get the tickets in my hand as my postman is not the best. And I'm sure he's a nose.

not a chance,  as that would mean he's holding a job down...:)

UTV
The Doc

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 03:32:07 PM »
I was in there the other day in similar circumstances. Bit of a queue bring served by one person with 4 'suits' doing some kind of analysis at another work station. Like in the army when everyone has to know how to fire a gun , if you're standing in the ticket office you should be able to sell tickets. They didn't seem to want to despite various mutterings in the queue. To finish off the 'how not to treat your customers ' scenario the door through to the souvenir shop was locked, when a women trying to walk through the door to spend more money complained to one of the 'suits' one of them glanced up and said ' just go outside and back in'

So much much not to like about us at the moment.... Contempt for our ever dwindling customer base is one. Anywhere else I wouldn't go or would complain loudly.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 03:35:47 PM »
... but it's when they charge just for using a card that really grieves me. ...
The clue is in the fact that the club is owned by someone who used to own a credit card company!

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 03:40:36 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one whose experienced this lately. The irony is on the phone they are great , apart from confirming my email and the last 3 digits of my phone number every time I call !

The guy who served me today wasn't so great, it was very much a "yeah what the hell do you want " type of reception.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 03:44:02 PM »
... but it's when they charge just for using a card that really grieves me. ...
The clue is in the fact that the club is owned by someone who used to own a credit card company!

Lots of clubs do it, not just Villa.

Offline levico

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 05:12:21 PM »
Who were all the customers? Brummie Man U fans?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal