collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Petrov on Russell Howards Good News Show - NOW  (Read 4315 times)

Offline simon ward 50

Re: Petrov on Russell Howards Good News Show - NOW
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 10:42:14 AM »
Will catch on I player later! Was forced to sit through The Royal Variety performance on ITV player whilst this was on last night.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 02:44:43 PM »
I've never met Stan, but he really comes across well in every interview I see with him.  Must have been a real positive to have him in the dressing room.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2014, 02:46:18 PM »
You know that "he talks, we listen" Presidential figure I keep saying we should have?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2014, 02:48:19 PM »
I love Stan, but not enough to have to sit through Russel Howard.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2014, 04:17:53 PM »
You know that "he talks, we listen" Presidential figure I keep saying we should have?

Perhaps, but it's interesting comparing his loyalty to his old buddy Lambert and the slightly more outspoken views on how we're doing like from club representatives like Ian Taylor last season for example.
Petrov might have to prompted to make sure his message strikes that delicate balance between supporting the manager but also not being critical of the board should he become our president.

They are going through a difficult time but it’s expected, all clubs go through difficult times,” Petrov added.

“But it’s up to Villa (how they change their fortunes). Obviously they have struggled for the last three years and they have decided not to spend much money and cut the wage bill.

“But they forget that in order to survive in the Premier League you have to spend money. If you don’t spend you can’t be surprised that other clubs are overtaking you and that you are way behind them.

“It’s something they have tried to fix but at the moment it’s not paying off for some reason.”

Offline peter w

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2014, 10:06:37 AM »

Russell howard?

Seriously though, no, i disagree. I don't want someone to get the job because of dusters in eyes.We'd feel sorry for him and his reputation could take a battering if we revert back to form. Petrov as the sacrificial lamb? Plus, his age is against him - I'm sure he'd want to be involved more on the pitch than as a Lerner mouthpiece.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal