collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Holte End to be renamed?  (Read 28669 times)

Offline NottsVillan

Re: Holte End to be renamed?
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2014, 01:12:15 AM »
How much money would naming the stand generate?

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2014, 01:13:01 AM »
Do Bolton Wanderers still play at the Reebok? (Don't google it)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2014, 01:14:09 AM »
For the hard of thinking:

Person A hands over £X million in an agreement that states that the Holte End will in future be known as the Person A Stand.

People who regularly refer to the Holte End as the Holte End continue to refer to the Holte End as the Holte End.

Person A is unhappy about this, but Aston Villa point out that they are not actually able to control what others call the Holte End, sorry I mean the Person A stand.

Where's the con? Aston Villa have done everything they had to and Person A (or rather A plc) not being daft if he/they are in the market for such high-level sponsorship deals, is not going to enter into this agreement without being fully aware of the reality of the situation.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2014, 01:16:35 AM »
Where's the con? Aston Villa have done everything they had to and Person A (or rather A plc) not being daft if he/they are in the market for such high-level sponsorship deals, is not going to enter into this agreement without being fully aware of the reality of the situation.
Well then the deal won't raise a lot. And in such an event one has to wonder if it is worth it.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2014, 01:17:52 AM »
Well then the deal won't raise a lot. And in such an event one has to wonder if it is worth it.

That's down to our new commercial director, as/when appointed.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2014, 01:20:33 AM »

Clearly.

Let's sell a piece of the soul of the club for a piddling amount.

Wouldn't it be better to spend a bit more of the £60M minimum in domestic TV revenue instead?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2014, 01:21:07 AM »
For the hard of thinking:

Person A hands over £X million in an agreement that states that the Holte End will in future be known as the Person A Stand.

People who regularly refer to the Holte End as the Holte End continue to refer to the Holte End as the Holte End.

Person A is unhappy about this, but Aston Villa point out that they are not actually able to control what others call the Holte End, sorry I mean the Person A stand.

Person A will be delighted if they make money off this deal because people other than the few Villa fans upset by this are mentioning Person A's company time after time during a game. They're not going to give a shit about anything else and will have taken into consideration any kind of possible dissent in agreeing to the deal.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2014, 01:22:13 AM »
Wouldn't it be better to debate without resorting to "for the hard of thinking"? Especially when they've thought it through more than you have.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2014, 01:22:29 AM »

Clearly.

Let's sell a piece of the soul of the club for a piddling amount.

Wouldn't it be better to spend a bit more of the £60M minimum in domestic TV revenue instead?

We could always do both.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2014, 01:24:36 AM »
Wouldn't it be better to debate without resorting to "for the hard of thinking"? Especially when they've thought it through more than you have.
I'm not convinced that people have though. They can rearrange the lettering in the seats of the Holte, they can put it on the ticket stubs, but everyone will still call it the Holte End. And, yes, this is highly emotive for me.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 01:25:37 AM »

I found that a bit condescending too. You can disagree with a position in a discussion without resorting to that.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2014, 01:26:15 AM »
I'm not convinced that people have though. They can rearrange the lettering in the seats of the Holte, they can put it on the ticket stubs, but everyone will still call it the Holte End. And, yes, this is highly emotive for me.

Well excuse those of us who don't agree for not thinking about it as much as you have.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2014, 01:27:18 AM »

Does everyone still call it the Witton End? Does everyone still call it the Witton Lane Stand?

I hate the thought as well but whoever sponsors it isn't going to be conned as their name will be all over it in the ways I mentioned and more. Which seems to be where we are disagreeing.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2014, 01:27:54 AM »
Well excuse those of us who don't agree for not thinking about it as much as you have.
Consider yourself excused.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2014, 01:31:15 AM »

Does everyone still call it the Witton End? Does everyone still call it the Witton Lane Stand?

I hate the thought as well but whoever sponsors it isn't going to be conned as their name will be all over it in the ways I mentioned and more. Which seems to be where we are disagreeing.
The North Stand and the Doug Ellis Stand are not commercial entities. The most recently named example of those (Doug Ellis Stand) was named 15-20 years ago. If a commercial entity wants their name to stick then they are going to have to stick around for quite a while.

I maybe wrong but our longest lasting sponsorship deal was with Mita Copiers - about half the time the Doug Ellis Stand has had to "stick."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal