collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Holte End to be renamed?  (Read 28673 times)

Offline Holte L2

Re: Holte End to be renamed?
« Reply #240 on: December 11, 2014, 03:17:44 PM »

Man Utd - still have the Stretford End.  (I'm looking at the bloody thing out of my office window)

Selling the naming rights isn't going to bring in a huge amount of income.  You'll be talking a couple of million.

For the sake of signing a Joe Bennett (as somebody else earlier put it) I'd rather preserve our heritage.

There are other ways we can maximise revenue.  Focusing on developing "Our Brand" abroad (I hate that phrase).  There's a huge market in Asia to be had. They love the Premier League. Touring these countries instead of visiting the States should be much more profitable for us.  Open up a Villa Shop in a few Cities in Asia. 

One single sponsorship of anything is never going to make much difference but added together they become a substantial income stream. 

I'm sure that the Villa, like all Premier League clubs, have looked at every possible way in every possible part of the world to maximise revenues.
Exactly, the way some are trying to portray it, it's almost as if people think Fox, after put this idea forward, just sat back and thought his work was done.

Not at all.  I just don't want our stands sponsored.  I work in Plant Hire, so I'm very familiar with the need to maximise revenue.
I could be wrong here, but didn't Man United change the names of their stands to the rather imaginatively titled North, East, South and West Stands, changing the North stand to the Taggart Stand a couple of years ago? 

The Taggart stand has been changed. But none of the others.

Sorry, this is going off topic, but what are the names of the other 3 stand at Old Trafford now?

East Stand
South Stand
Stretford End
Sir Taggart Stand

I'm in an office block located literally behind their South Stand, overlooking the bloody pitch.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #241 on: December 11, 2014, 03:33:24 PM »
And I used to sign on at the job centre in Regeant Road, next door, and I'm sure the Stretford isn't officially the Stretford End. That's all I'm saying

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #242 on: December 11, 2014, 03:56:57 PM »
And I used to sign on at the job centre in Regeant Road, next door, and I'm sure the Stretford isn't officially the Stretford End. That's all I'm saying

The Stretford is officially the West Stand. Definitely not sponsored.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #243 on: December 11, 2014, 05:37:07 PM »

The Stretford is officially the West Stand. Definitely not sponsored.

It's been called The Little End since 1977, as has the Scoreboard End. The Main (South) Stand became the Nicholl Stand in honour of a rocket that was launched from that side of the ground.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #244 on: December 11, 2014, 05:56:39 PM »
It was known as the Stretford End when I accidentally got a ticket in it to watch the Villa in the 1974/5 season with my mate Bernie. We got confused at the ticket office.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #245 on: December 11, 2014, 06:10:42 PM »
I also call the Stretford, The Gabby End!!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #246 on: December 13, 2014, 07:27:58 PM »
Just to bring this specific story to a close, Tom Fox on the Holte End renaming rumours

Tom Fox: Aston Villa will NOT rename the Holte End to generate sponsorship money
Dec 12, 2014 20:45 By Gregg Evans
But there could be naming rights for a re-built North Stand in the future

Aston Villa will not be re-naming the Holte End, chief executive Tom Fox has confirmed.

Rumours surfaced last week that the naming rights for the iconic stand could be up for grabs, but Fox insists there’s no truth in those claims.

But he is open to the idea of knocking down the North Stand, with a commercial partner helping ‘build and own’ a redeveloped stand.

Fox said: “I’ve never said to anybody that we would do that.

“I can’t imagine a brand saying ‘I want to sponsor that’, anyway.

“It just wouldn’t make any sense.

“Think of it from a sponsorships point of view - think about the emotional connection that our fans have to the Holte End.

“If you’re a sponsor, do you want to put yourself between the fans and the name of that stand?

“I’m not sure that’s great brand play.

“I just can’t see anyone wanting to get between the club and it’s tradition and the incredibly loyal support of the Holte End. I just don't think that is a great place for a brand to want to be.

“I’ve spent most of my career on the opposite side, on the brand side figuring what to invest in and it’s something I’ve never contemplated.”

One option that Fox would consider in the future is the redevelopment of the North Stand with the possibility of attracting new sponsors.

Plans have been drawn up in the past but the scheme has been put on the back burner by owner Randy Lerner.

“I would love at some point to build a new North Stand which the fans are proud of,” said Fox.

“It’s probably the last piece of our puzzle.

“We’ve got some things to do in the much shorter term but I think that would be a really exciting time.

“I read the stories about the Holte End but we’ve never had those conversations.

“I think a much better option is for someone to come in and help us build and own The North Stand.

“I could see that having a strong title.”

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #247 on: December 13, 2014, 07:28:38 PM »
Good.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #248 on: December 13, 2014, 10:25:40 PM »
Ah well thread over then

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #249 on: December 13, 2014, 10:27:14 PM »
Or just re-title the thread to North Stand to be renamed . I'm happy to auction that stand off

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal