collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Thomas Hitzlsperger on The Fantasy Football Club  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Handsworth Wood Villa

• TRS-T
Thomas Hitzlsperger on The Fantasy Football Club
« on: December 04, 2014, 03:16:47 PM »
Tomorrow at 6.30pm and 10pm on Sky Sports 1.

Offline tomd2103

Re: Thomas Hitzlsperger on The Fantasy Football Club
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 03:56:45 PM »
Be interesting to see if any Villa players make his fantasy XI.  Can't really think of too many contenders from that era. 

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 04:21:56 PM »
Laursen?  Bouma?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 04:48:26 PM »
Laursen?  Bouma?

Hadn't he gone by then?

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 05:31:41 PM »
Possibly by the time Bouma came in but his time at Villa overlapped with Laursen. Then again Laursen was in and out of the side in his first year.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 10:55:57 PM »
I'm watching this as I type.  He's included Mellberg in his team and, he's revealed something I never knew and that is, Mellberg sometimes missed training until Fridays because he had trouble with his Achilles and calves.  Hitz said he didn't think he'd last long because of it and was amazed that he has only just retired.

He's just added Gareth Barry to his team, so two Villa players then.

Offline supertom

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 11:19:38 PM »
I'm watching this as I type.  He's included Mellberg in his team and, he's revealed something I never knew and that is, Mellberg sometimes missed training until Fridays because he had trouble with his Achilles and calves.  Hitz said he didn't think he'd last long because of it and was amazed that he has only just retired.

He's just added Gareth Barry to his team, so two Villa players then.
Olof was made of stern stuff.
When I watched Joe Cole sat on the ground looking hopefully at the bench on 7 mins, only to get up and then run off the pitch as soon as his number came up I just had to shake my head. I always felt Heskey went off too easily. Then he'd miss 2-3 games to recover. I don't often agree with Steve Claridge but I remember him commentating once and he said something along the lines of "Everything seems to hurt with Emile. He always seems to look in pain. For such a big guy he seems to spend a lot of time on the ground, hurt. He needs to be a bit tougher."

Olof didn't miss too many games in fairness to him, which if he was carrying knocks is impressive. He was a double hard bastard though. Sometimes I wonder with Polystyrene Ron if he couldn't just fucking suck it up sometimes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal