collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Injuries  (Read 8095 times)

Offline jwarry

Re: Injuries
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2014, 07:41:42 AM »
What's the news on Cole?

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2014, 01:02:02 PM »
He has been re-named Fernandez-Versini!

Offline tom jennings III

• GM : 30.04.2015
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2014, 02:49:16 PM »
The official AVFC Twitter feed is saying we're hoping to have Delph/Vlaar back in contention for the Baggies game and Clevers will be fitness tested on his foot before being declared fit.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2014, 02:52:57 PM »
At the moment I'd have Vlaar no more than fourth choice, which was unthinkable in August.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2014, 02:53:20 PM »
That's good. As long as Delph is back for the ManYoo game when we definitely won't have Cleverley that's the main thing.

Offline tom jennings III

• GM : 30.04.2015
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2014, 03:01:57 PM »
Yeah I wasn't expecting Delph fit again pre-Xmas so either of these two games would be a bonus, you're right though, especially when TC is out.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2014, 03:21:42 PM »
At the moment I'd have Vlaar no more than fourth choice, which was unthinkable in August.

Yep Okore has to start for me and Clark has earned his place.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2014, 03:31:02 PM »

For me you shouldn't have first, etc choice defenders as such, at least not ones that are guaranteed to come straight back in.  More so than midfield and attack the defence is about building a coherent unit, and if that happens to include players who on paper aren't so high on the pecking order then so be it.  In that respect the current back 4 should stay together for now until one of them deserves to be left out.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2014, 03:34:59 PM »

For me you shouldn't have first, etc choice defenders as such, at least not ones that are guaranteed to come straight back in.  More so than midfield and attack the defence is about building a coherent unit, and if that happens to include players who on paper aren't so high on the pecking order then so be it.  In that respect the current back 4 should stay together for now until one of them deserves to be left out.

We should hopefully soon be in a position where we can adopt a 'horses for courses' approach with our Centre-backs. For example, I'm more than happy to leave Okore and Clark in the side for the next few games, but the next time we come up against a Crouch/Carroll type striker I think we need to be looking to use 2 of Senderos, Vlaar and Baker.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2014, 10:12:18 PM »

Absolutely.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal