collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Injuries  (Read 8093 times)

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Injuries
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 01:53:45 PM »
I can't see anything anywhere so here seems a good place, is there any news on Westwood yet?
Rumoured to be out for 4 months!!! Ouch

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 02:01:05 PM »
Gutted for Westwood.
For me, a real bright spot this season. Doesn't influence games as much as he should, but has made the step up from Crewe and doesn't look out of place in the Premiership.

Offline tom jennings III

• GM : 30.04.2015
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 02:03:40 PM »
Hope the 4 month rumour isn't true, that would be a real shame. Any official word?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 04:42:24 PM »
Hope the 4 month rumour isn't true, that would be a real shame. Any official word?

It wouldn't surprise me if this is right, it was a horrible tackle that should've been a straight red, the main pressure is right on the outside of his knee, it's the kind of tackle that opens up the joint and damages the ACL or PCL, both of which are long term injuries.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 05:40:41 PM »
Fingers crossed it's not four months, we'll miss him more than we expect too I reckon.
Bloody injuries we've had the last 3 years are silly now.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 07:13:17 PM »
Is no news bad news?

Online dalians umbrella

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 07:47:12 PM »
I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I saw the "pivot shift" phenomenon occur on the Match of the Day footage - where the thigh bone slips out of place on the shin bone and then suddenly clunks back into place. That would indicate ACL injury.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 07:52:51 PM »
I can't help thinking it's going to be a fairly lengthy lay off. He was due to have a scan today and i'd have thought if it was minor we'd have said something.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 08:22:06 PM »
I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I saw the "pivot shift" phenomenon occur on the Match of the Day footage - where the thigh bone slips out of place on the shin bone and then suddenly clunks back into place. That would indicate ACL injury.

Exactly my thinking as above, I was livid about the injury yesterday.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 09:15:35 PM »
From the Telegraph:

Aston Villa midfielder Ashley Westwood ruled out until the New Year with twisted knee
Westwood was stretchered off during Villa's 2-1 win over Leicester and will miss at least four matches
Ashley Westwood is out until 2015 with a twisted knee

Aston Villa midfielder Ashley Westwood is set to miss the rest of the year after suffering a twisted knee.
Westwood will be ruled out until January in another blow for Paul Lambert, though Villa are relieved after initial fears he could be sidelined for months.
The 24-year-old was stretchered off in the first half of Villa’s win over Leicester City on Sunday after a foul by striker Jamie Vardy.
And after a scan at the training ground on Monday, Westwood is expected to miss a minimum of three weeks, which will include games against West Bromwich Albion, Manchester United, Swansea and Sunderland.
Westwood joins Fabian Delph, Ron Vlaar, Nathan Baker and Libor Kozak on the injury list at Villa while Tom Cleverley is also struggling with a foot problem.

It leaves Lambert facing a dilemma over his midfield ahead of Saturday’s trip to the Hawthorns but there is a sense of relief that Westwood’s injury is not serious.

Online FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »
Can we called Gardner back or is he at Brighton for as set period of time ?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 10:03:54 PM »
Westwood is our most underrated player by a mile - at least by villa fans

All the independent pundits rate him. Jonathan Pearce has been touting him for an england call. Victim of the same mentality that means someone like carrick is underrated

Offline tom jennings III

• GM : 30.04.2015
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 09:16:04 AM »

All the independent pundits rate him. Jonathan Pearce has been touting him for an england call. Victim of the same mentality that means someone like carrick is underrated

I think there is some truth in that, begs the question why is he occasionally so anonymous in games? Potentially the system/team-mates not getting the best out of him. I'd love to see him take control of games a bit more often and look for a forward pass because I think he has the range of passing to pull it off. Wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 10:38:31 AM »
if it is 4 matches than that is great news.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 11:21:19 AM »

I think there is some truth in that, begs the question why is he occasionally so anonymous in games? Potentially the system/team-mates not getting the best out of him. I'd love to see him take control of games a bit more often and look for a forward pass because I think he has the range of passing to pull it off. Wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

To be honest, I think that has a lot to do with the lack of movement in front of him.  The three in midfield play pretty flat, so he doesn't really have a lot in front of him. 

As for him being out, I think Sanchez should be able to fill that role in his absence. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal