collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Son of Press-ed back again  (Read 4995 times)

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
Re: Son of Press-ed back again
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 03:53:15 PM »
So so is this your sitting on the fence kind of way of saying you'd sack Lambert?

He's already said that a few weeks ago with a "taxi for Lambert" headline in the actual article (think it was after the Spurs game.)

I think the narrative was, as always, it things continue like this etc etc etc.

I just wondered when that line is, was, or will be crossed.

I asked last week but got no reply. If your saying that DW said Lambert should have been sacked after the Spuds game then fine. I must have missed it.I've just checked, it was after QPR.

The words "Lambert should be sacked," aren't used directly, but I don't think that there's much interpretation required. (DW - Apologies if I'm attributing a point of view you don't actually hold. I'll just blame it on only having Carlsberg and Danish Snaps to fall back on)

Just checked - it was after QPR.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:32:25 PM by Villa in Denmark »

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 06:19:33 PM »
Moving him upstairs smacks of 'We like you, really like you and feel bad about sacking you, so we're not sacking you but giving you a different thing here. But if you want to leave, you know, that's fine too. Up to you".
So what would you prefer peter w, "Fu*k Off Lambert!" ?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 07:17:27 PM »
Another good read Dave.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 09:27:40 PM »
Move him upstairs? No thanks. It would serve no useful purpose. 

Who will be the new assistant? Who knows?

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 11:36:22 AM »
Thing is even if Lambert had not been doing such a poor job these last two years he would still be the wrong choice for the director of Football style role, that should go to someone with more experience for a start.  Besides that one point I agree with just about everything else.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2014, 12:36:40 PM »
I just think he's too young to be upstairs and probably doesn't want his managerial career to end at Villa. He'll want to rebuild it somewhere I'd have thought. Interesting concept because as we know not all good players make good managers. Randy has a lot of trust in him so would listen to him and maybe he'd be a better boardroom person than football mind on the pitch and training ground. Not a fan of the idea personally as I think as a club we need a clean cut from Lambert.

Offline tricky59

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »
From my many years in work situations I've found that it's far from unusual for some inept people to be promoted out of a job at which they were useless.  So don't see what's wrong with DW's idea so long as it moves Lambert from the playing side.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2014, 01:02:52 PM »
From my many years in work situations I've found that it's far from unusual for some inept people to be promoted out of a job at which they were useless.  So don't see what's wrong with DW's idea so long as it moves Lambert from the playing side.
Exactly how a lot of poor and narrow-minded teachers became Heads...or Ofsted inspectors these days!

Wizard idea!

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2014, 01:20:33 PM »
If we must keep him employed it should be to clean out the shite-house and nothing more. He's certainly gained plenty of experience of dealing with turds in the last couple of years.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:23:15 PM by Clark W Griswold »

Offline peter w

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 04:58:13 PM »
Moving him upstairs smacks of 'We like you, really like you and feel bad about sacking you, so we're not sacking you but giving you a different thing here. But if you want to leave, you know, that's fine too. Up to you".
So what would you prefer peter w, "Fu*k Off Lambert!" ?

Well just relieving him of is position is fine.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal