collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Turmoil  (Read 11326 times)

Offline bob

Re: Turmoil
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2014, 10:05:14 AM »
At least we're not Leeds.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2014, 10:18:35 AM »
Im sure there have been worse times in The history of Aston Villa,
Before I can remember in the 60's and stuff

But since I have been following Villa from the mid 70's, I can't think of a worse prolonged time of incompetence and general doom and gloom

Like others have said we desperately need a Saunders, Taylor even a Big Ron but we really do need something to change at the Villa for all our sakes

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2014, 11:02:07 AM »
It worries me purely because we need to have a clear direction reguardless of who the manager is.  I don't think it affects what happens on the pitch too much, but for the club to move forward both on and off the pitch we need more of a long term plan.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2014, 12:38:47 PM »

But since I have been following Villa from the mid 70's, I can't think of a worse prolonged time of incompetence and general doom and gloom

Like others have said we desperately need a Saunders, Taylor even a Big Ron but we really do need something to change at the Villa for all our sakes

john the mid 80's were really bad and had the internet existed back then would it have felt even worse. Let's face it having a place like this to collectively gripe in addition to the 24hr reminders via various forms of media make bad situations feel even worse.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2014, 04:04:50 PM »

john the mid 80's were really bad and had the internet existed back then would it have felt even worse. Let's face it having a place like this to collectively gripe in addition to the 24hr reminders via various forms of media make bad situations feel even worse.

True, but this is 4 years of prolonged shitness though,
with no end in sight at the moment
We did go down in the 80's but then had a ball in the second div, came straight back up and I can't remember the fog of doom lasting quite so long back then,
 but like you say I might have my rose tinted glasses on

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal