collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Getting the message across  (Read 10902 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Getting the message across
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 08:30:46 AM »
Stop putting your money in - that's the only way to do it.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 09:02:23 AM »
exactly. if the ground echo's to  just a few thousand - as it has in the past - the penny will literally begin to drop.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 09:07:18 AM »
Theirs no point having a Randy out banner

He wants out

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 09:15:39 AM »
Randy probably has his own 'Randy Out' banner...

Offline ez

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 09:33:04 AM »
It's difficult for the club to express disappointment at the attendances when the owner is one of those not going.

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2014, 09:50:43 AM »
Some of our comments on this subject make you want to laugh and cry at the same time.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2014, 09:53:40 AM »
The problem with having a half empty ground in the hope that the penny will drop will backfire on the fans - the media will just say we are fickle, and the club don't really care because the TV deal means the armchair fan is more important to them than us mugs who show up every week. We need to find a way to publicise just how shocking Lambert's record is - worst home record in our history, record defeats without scoring, the least number of goals scored in the entire football pyramid, routinely getting dumped out of cup competitions to lower league sides, negative tactics etc etc. Someone had a good bedsheet message at Burnley yesterday - 'the stats don't lie'. Highlighting Lambert's failings with banners like that will work better than just not turning up.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2014, 09:58:55 AM »
The problem with having a half empty ground in the hope that the penny will drop will backfire on the fans - the media will just say we are fickle, and the club don't really care because the TV deal means the armchair fan is more important to them than us mugs who show up every week. We need to find a way to publicise just how shocking Lambert's record is - worst home record in our history, record defeats without scoring, the least number of goals scored in the entire football pyramid, routinely getting dumped out of cup competitions to lower league sides, negative tactics etc etc. Someone had a good bedsheet message at Burnley yesterday - 'the stats don't lie'. Highlighting Lambert's failings with banners like that will work better than just not turning up.

Has it been picked up in the press? What we need is a Villa-friendly journalist who can run with it. Anyone?

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2014, 10:01:55 AM »
When Ellis ran the club he cared what people thought of him and the club. He lived and breathed it. He would have been far too embarrassed to allow this to continue and the financial impact would also have been to great.

Lerner doesn't care about reputation, he's not here enough for it to affect him. It won't affect him financially either, the TV cash sees to that.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 10:02:18 AM »
I know it's all ifs and buts, however if benteke didn't lose his head the other week we win that game and we were close and should have seen out saints and burnley , that's another 7 points we'd have and we'd be joint 6th.
I'm not sure myself though if we are a million miles away or close to getting a good team.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2014, 10:12:40 AM »
I think you're right - there is the basis of a reasonable side there when everyone is fit. It's the way they're not  being coached/motivated/led that's the problem. Talking of crowds, I vaguely remember going in the early 70s to a home game and sharing the ground with about 8-11 thousand plus what seemed to be as many pigeons. Can't remember for the life of me who we were playing but I do remember the echo's. It was all very eerie.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2014, 10:15:12 AM »
And if Ings hadn't hit the post in the 90th minute yeterday, and if Wiemann had miss hit his shot at Stoke, and if Guzan hadn't made a wonder save at West Ham....

You could go on, and on.

Maybe that's glass half full v half empty syndrome!  ;)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2014, 10:22:32 AM »
Guess the reality is after 13 games everything evens itself out by now and we are sat in our rightful position. It's probably about where we will end up after 38 games , although over the last 38 games haven't we only gathered 31 points ? That's relegation form.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2014, 10:51:12 AM »
If we lose to Palace and he still doesn't sack him, boycott the Leicester game or turn up and leave a card on your seat stating the obvious,then go home before the match starts.Westley ( so obviously planted by the club) can then sit there on his own.

Nobody's been planted anywhere so let's stop this nonsense right now.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2014, 10:53:44 AM »
What the club have to sort out immediately is the backroom staff. They need to recruit two top quality assistants/coaches. I can never remember there being such a mess in that department, and it shows.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal