collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Roy Keane has left  (Read 80322 times)

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Roy Keane has left
« Reply #525 on: May 07, 2015, 12:37:58 PM »
TBH, the first I knew Sherwood had been at the Villa was when he was in the stand during the Leicester FA cup match waiting to officially take over. This is probably because I had been avoiding most news and the football section on here.

However, normally when you see someone next to the director who might be the next manager, it is normally within 1-2 games before the change. With Xmas and cup games, it must have been closer to 10 before they finally got rid of him.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #526 on: May 07, 2015, 12:46:16 PM »
He was def there at the Palarse game.

But then he said soon after taking over that he hasn't watched us this season.

So maybe he fell asleep. 

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #527 on: May 07, 2015, 01:23:16 PM »
There were a few occasions prior to Leicester when people posted photos of him at our matches.

I must say, I am glad Lambert has gone, but if (if) Sherwood was at the matches in that capacity - ie of one being wooed to be our manager - I think that's pretty shoddy behaviour, and not something Lambert deserved.

I mean, talk to him behind the manager's back as almost everyone does, just don't get him spotted at the match while the current manager is still there.

Online walsall villain

« Reply #528 on: May 07, 2015, 01:34:28 PM »
There were a few occasions prior to Leicester when people posted photos of him at our matches.

I must say, I am glad Lambert has gone, but if (if) Sherwood was at the matches in that capacity - ie of one being wooed to be our manager - I think that's pretty shoddy behaviour, and not something Lambert deserved.

I mean, talk to him behind the manager's back as almost everyone does, just don't get him spotted at the match while the current manager is still there.
I would expect unemployed managers who have ambition to watch as much live football as they can, I can't see a problem with it unless he was sat next to the CEO.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #529 on: May 07, 2015, 01:41:14 PM »

I would expect unemployed managers who have ambition to watch as much live football as they can, I can't see a problem with it unless he was sat next to the CEO.

In one of the photos, he was, by the looks of it.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #530 on: May 07, 2015, 01:57:04 PM »

Can't agree, lambert just waddled along beating after beating. No fire, no intensity, no effort to resurrect the club. He was lucky to be in a job considering he asked for out. It's like he thought buying the players was enough. Paul needed the wake up call and there was no reaction, only accepted consequences.

His loss.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 02:04:37 PM by villadelph »

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #531 on: May 07, 2015, 02:01:16 PM »

It seemed quite deliberate to me. 

'Sort it out - or else.'

Offline KRS

« Reply #532 on: May 07, 2015, 03:54:50 PM »
TS literally shrugged off the inevitable questions about this in todays press conference with typical confidence, humour and complimented Benteke on his ability to score goals when and where it matters.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #533 on: May 07, 2015, 04:31:36 PM »
TS literally shrugged off the inevitable questions about this in todays press conference with typical confidence, humour and complimented Benteke on his ability to score goals when and where it matters.

He reminds me of JG in his behaviour on the touchlines and his pressers. Hopefully it doesn't follow into the approach and tactics in Final games or the antics of his number 2 with players.

Offline andyaston

« Reply #534 on: May 07, 2015, 04:46:54 PM »
The last 21 league games under Lambert was W2 D6 L13 F8 A31 GD-23 Pts12. I don't think Sherwood was the problem somehow.

I didn't say it was the problem, I said it may have contributed - and it may well have.

My point was that we'd gone to complete bobbins under Lambert long before Sherwood appeared on the scene so I don't think it made much, if any, difference to results as they were crap anyway.

After we beat Chelsea at home last season until he left, Lambert's league record was

PL34 W6 D8 L20 F19 A55 GD-36 Pts26
Which, looking at the present table after 35 games would mean that we were goners if he stayed any longer.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #535 on: May 07, 2015, 05:48:25 PM »
Sounds like sour grapes from Keane, after all, he wasn't considered for the job - with his managerial record, who is in the least bit surprised?

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #536 on: May 07, 2015, 08:24:06 PM »
poor old Roy, how can one man be so unlucky? Everywhere he goes he meets arseholes.

Ha ha ha ha ha brilliant.

The man summed up in a sentence. No further comment required.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal