collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 20 years ago today  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Deano's Mullet

20 years ago today
« on: November 25, 2014, 07:02:13 PM »
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-picture-special-looking-8174002

Sir Brian of Little took over at Villa Park. It was his birthday too. I was only 17 at the time so i was too young to remember him as a player. He seemed so dour for the first 6 months or so, especially after the smiles and quotes from Big Ron that we'd grown accustomed to over the previous four years. As it turned out he came by favourite Villa boss - along with BFR - and remains so to this day. I remember his first couple of games, we drew 1-1 with Sheff Weds and Peter Atherton scored with a fluke from distance. Then I think in the next game we actually played at Leicester and he was barracked by his former fans. We thought that season had gone down the toilet at that stage but looking back it was far more entertaining than the 12 or so games we have "enjoyed" this season. Goals, controversy, incident. What are these again?  Anyway, happy birthday, Sir Brian!

richtheholtender

Re: 20 years ago today
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 08:04:11 PM »
"Let me assure you I have abided by the code of conduct that is not legal yet that ensures there is no poaching between clubs. We have not contacted Brian and he has not contacted us until he had resigned and was free to do so."

Ellis all over.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal