collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Darren Bent joining Brighton on loan  (Read 22772 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Darren Bent joining Brighton on loan
« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2014, 11:18:14 PM »
He's done pretty much everything that could be asked of him down there, so I wonder if somebody near the top of the Championship might fancy throwing a million or two at us for him in January.

He'd be perfect in the Championship for a team looking for that final push. Not often you get one of PL's best ever goalsscorers available. He needs a run of games in a team that work around him and just get him the ball in areas where he is lethal. Championship level defenders won't always have the required level of awareness so he can take advantage. His time is past with us and did the business when we most needed it. I wish him the best in finding an Indian summer to his career.

Offline supertom

« Reply #181 on: December 23, 2014, 01:09:01 AM »
He's done pretty much everything that could be asked of him down there, so I wonder if somebody near the top of the Championship might fancy throwing a million or two at us for him in January.

He'd be perfect in the Championship for a team looking for that final push. Not often you get one of PL's best ever goalsscorers available. He needs a run of games in a team that work around him and just get him the ball in areas where he is lethal. Championship level defenders won't always have the required level of awareness so he can take advantage. His time is past with us and did the business when we most needed it. I wish him the best in finding an Indian summer to his career.
I think we'd be looking at closer to a million than two to be honest, if that. We may decide just to give him up early for next to nowt like Ireland.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #182 on: December 23, 2014, 01:14:45 AM »
As he is out of contract in the summer, and he is still going to want to pick up decent wages, I doubt we'd get much for him from a Championship club. If he leaves in Jan I reckon there is a good chance it will be on a free.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #183 on: December 23, 2014, 07:26:56 AM »
As he is out of contract in the summer, and he is still going to want to pick up decent wages, I doubt we'd get much for him from a Championship club. If he leaves in Jan I reckon there is a good chance it will be on a free.

Even if we end up paying 50-75% of his wages that's still going to be the at least the equivalent of another Sanchez or Okore's wages freed up (if the rumoured £65K/week was true)

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #184 on: December 23, 2014, 11:11:12 AM »
I doubt he would even start at Blackpool at the moment

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #185 on: December 23, 2014, 11:21:29 AM »
He's used "Super excited", "hey guys" and bought half and half scarf's. He should not only have be thrown out for being a Brummie Red twat, but he should also have been put in stocks so people could pelt the whopper.

He sounds like the Arsenal fan out of the Fast Show.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #186 on: December 23, 2014, 11:31:48 AM »
He's used "Super excited", "hey guys" and bought half and half scarf's. He should not only have be thrown out for being a Brummie Red twat, but he should also have been put in stocks so people could pelt the whopper.

He sounds like the Arsenal fan out of the Fast Show.

I appreciate we've wasted a lot of money and Bent looks like he has practically retired these days, but that's pretty harsh on him

;-)

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #187 on: December 23, 2014, 04:34:49 PM »
I can see someone taking a punt on him in January. Leicester? Palace?

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #188 on: December 23, 2014, 04:45:00 PM »
If they do I hope we are savvy enough to make it a loan then go permanent so he can't score against us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal