collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The 2014 Version of Why Didnt Barry Take The Penalty ?  (Read 4572 times)

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: The 2014 Version of Why Didnt Barry Take The Penalty ?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 09:05:59 AM »

Sanchez was beginning to look leggy when he was subbed, he'd just given the ball away cheaply twice.  That, however, doesn't explain Bent coming on, surely Bacuna or Lowton would have been more in keeping with the way we were trying to play at that time?
richardson would have  been my choice of sub.

He'd already come on for N'Zogbia earlier though.
so, when Sanchez came off Grealish could have gone on to provide the attacking flair that Bent didn't, and Richardson could have dropped into a holding role.

Online not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 09:08:05 AM »

Sanchez was beginning to look leggy when he was subbed, he'd just given the ball away cheaply twice.  That, however, doesn't explain Bent coming on, surely Bacuna or Lowton would have been more in keeping with the way we were trying to play at that time?

so, when Sanchez came off Grealish could have gone on to provide the attacking flair that Bent didn't, and Richardson could have dropped into a holding role.

Certainly sounds like a better option that the one we used.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 10:34:10 AM »
I saw a thing in the mail yesterday about the crap attendence and this guy was saying that he couldn't understand the substitution of N'zogbia, I thought what game were you watching?

In defence of Bent, if he's overweight then that is the fault of the coaching staff and yes he does look like he can't be arsed but then who could blame him?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 10:40:54 AM »
Bent, N'Zogbia and Weimann were all a waste of space yesterday.

In defence of Weimann, i'm not sure if it was part of the game plan but he played really deep at times last night.

Andi defended well early in the game. However, that's not something that he should have to be concentrating on

Offline Rioch is King

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 10:58:44 AM »

In defence of Bent, if he's overweight then that is the fault of the coaching staff and yes he does look like he can't be arsed but then who could blame him?
[/quote]

Don't understand why being  overweight is the coaching staffs fault - he's a fantastically well paid sportsman, it's his job to stay fit and in good shape - and I can blame him if he can't be arsed - you owe it to your team mates alone to be arsed.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 03:45:41 PM »

Not that you'd notice

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal