collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Another new low  (Read 20784 times)

Offline DBTW

• http://fansunite.17.forumer.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Another new low
« on: November 25, 2014, 09:54:40 AM »
Last night I paid to get in the Holte Suite pre game and had a few drinks with friends.

As is now the norm for us, we returned at half time for a quick pint. When I ordered my beer, the price had increased 20p from before the game.

When I asked the lady serving me why, she said that they are told to add 20p on to the price of every pint served during the half time break.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I am absolutely disgusted the way the club can use this to exploit the fans who have made the effort to support the club. I know it's only 20p, but the principle and the way it is done is unforgivable.

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Another new low
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 09:57:01 AM »
This club used to care about the fans. Things like this tell me that they don't care as much these days.

Offline supertom

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 09:57:13 AM »
Last night I paid to get in the Holte Suite pre game and had a few drinks with friends.

As is now the norm for us, we returned at half time for a quick pint. When I ordered my beer, the price had increased 20p from before the game.

When I asked the lady serving me why, she said that they are told to add 20p on to the price of every pint served during the half time break.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I am absolutely disgusted the way the club can use this to exploit the fans who have made the effort to support the club. I know it's only 20p, but the principle and the way it is done is unforgivable.
I think they're onto a winner. They probably know by half time the fans will be in dire need of a drink and will probably pay it. It's probably that 20p extra per half time pint that's paying for Lamberks contract.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 10:04:25 AM »
Don't be surprised by anything anymore.

Offline achilles

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 10:29:18 AM »
Small club mentality!

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 11:28:51 AM »
They added 'lamp tax' I reckon ...

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 11:51:48 AM »
as this turgid dross continues to do the Lambert Walk to oblivion,home games will soon be played behind empty doors, so grabbing the odd 20p here and there on a pint  is  an understandable, if unacceptable, marketing strategy.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 11:56:56 AM »
They have been told to add on 20p every time we score so at least last night was a one off.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 11:57:43 AM »
Great stuff, nice to hear that isn't it. I keep on saying the club is no longer recognisable from the one I used to support so passionately. It probably paid for that nice 140 years old video which glosses politely over all the shit or you can think of it as paying for some of the incredible haircuts we saw on display last night. Mind you, Southampton would be in the Champions League if was based on them alone

Offline richard moore

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 11:58:06 AM »
They have been told to add on 20p every time we score so at least last night was a one off.

Boom tish, excellent!

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 12:15:51 PM »
Seems to me that having run out of sticks to be at the club with people are now resorting to twigs. The inevitable Richard Moore contribution confirms as much.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 12:31:02 PM »
I enjoy Richard's Lambert rants, bettered only when he goes off on one about Chelsea.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 12:31:22 PM »
The extra charge does sound a bit unnecessary. I still don't understand why people can't go an hour and a half without having a beer though.

And anyway, what the fuck has the 140 year video got to do with it?

Offline richard moore

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 12:31:23 PM »
Seems to me that having run out of sticks to be at the club with people are now resorting to twigs. The inevitable Richard Moore contribution confirms as much.

I thought the crowd at Villa Park last night all looked exceptionally young? It was like one of those women's internationals where they invite loads of screaming kids along to make up the numbers. I shouldn't have thought they needed any sticks in that case, or were they to beat them with?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 12:37:38 PM by richard moore »

Offline richard moore

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 12:33:38 PM »
I enjoy Richard's Lambert rants, bettered only when he goes off on one about Chelsea.

Jeez, you are a brave man saying that on here, I have less supporters on H and V than Weimann has brain cells in his head. Mr Lambert is a very nice man anyway, he's just a shit football manager.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal