collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Player autographs  (Read 4486 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Re: Player autographs
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 04:59:12 PM »
My GP charges £10 to sign anything. Money grabbing charlatan .

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 05:18:17 PM »

That Tim Burgess is a tight bastard.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 05:43:49 PM »

My doctor's a Charlatan. Mind you, he's the only one I know.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 10:27:41 AM »

My doctor's a Charlatan. Mind you, he's the only one I know.

Bravo sir!

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 11:38:18 AM »
£10! FFS!  It  costs us €50 when we have to go to the doctors.  You can add €20 on top if you have to have bloods taken.  Last year I had to go and during my consultation he was bemoaning the millions he'd lost off his share portfolio due to the recession.  He's only a normal GP.

Offline go on the dog

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 06:11:40 PM »
My boy sent his two favorite Villa players a Xmas card a few years ago, and got a card and signed photo within two days from Gabby, then a signed photo from Nigel Reo Coker about March time.

Offline Darth Villa

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 06:33:11 PM »
Me and my younger brother for were at Derby for a mid week game (not sure why) about ten years ago. Dean Sturridge was warming up next to us and my brother yelled over asking him to sign his program. This bloke jumped up next to us, snatched the programe off my brother and signed it "One Love Rasta" over a photo of Brain Clough. The bloke turned out to be Deans Dad. My brother had it framed, still chuckle when I see it in his house.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 06:51:27 PM »
£10! FFS!  It  costs us €50 when we have to go to the doctors.  You can add €20 on top if you have to have bloods taken.  Last year I had to go and during my consultation he was bemoaning the millions he'd lost off his share portfolio due to the recession.  He's only a normal GP.

Jaysus, the feckers will be taxing the water next.

As one of the I's in PIIGS, Ireland (along with Portugal, Ireland, Greece and Spain) is getting the deep shaft without lube from the EEC, the ECB and the IMF. You must take your medicine and say you are sorry for what you have done. It is for your own you good and you will thank them in the end. (Your end may be sore but no pain no gain, as they say). 

According the Torygraph the medicine is working already!

Year of the PIIGS? Greece leads 2014 stock market league table

What jolly japes.

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 06:59:33 PM »
In 2003 I was at Villa Park for the Charlton game (the one where Alpay scored & put his finger to his lips) in a corporate box with Carlube.
As I was leaving, the Carlube rep came running up to tell me Doug Eliis was round the corner. On walking around said corner I said to the rep "never mind Doug, that's Des Bremner he's talking to"
I asked a receptionist if she had a pen and waited for them to finish there conversation. Doug went one way, Des came towards me. I asked him if he would mind signing my program explaining that the lady over there was looking for a pen just as she came back apologising that she couldn't find one.
No bother says I, it was good to meet a boyhood hero; we shook hands and away he went.  Next minute, he came back in holding a bookies pen he'd found on the floor outside, signed  my program and told me I could keep the pen.
Top man!

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 08:34:07 PM »
A lot of clubs are worried about their players autographs ending up on unauthorised items, which as we all know would be a Bad Thing. I've been told that every time Geoff Hurst is asked for one he replies "That'll be £20."

Still got my Geoff Hurst autograph from circa 1975 when he owned a pub in staffordshire. No charge although my dad did buy a round of drinks

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 08:38:14 PM »
Circa 2007 took my lad to BH and all the players stopped, wound down their car windows and signed my sons autograph book. MOn was particularly attentive and had a chat with my lad.

My sons only regret was that Olof was in the back of Laursens car and he didn't spot him!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 09:14:14 PM »
Many many moons ago a fella I used to drink with had Bobby Moore as his ultimate sporting hero, he supported West Ham as well and absolutely idolised Moore
Anyway he met him once in a underpass in London somewhere and asked him for his autograph,
Fuck Off said Bobby, and all his hero worship was shattered in an instant

Now there might well be a lot of good reasons for his response on that particular night, because I've heard some great stories about Moore from loads of other people
Never the less we always remind my mate of his first meeting  with his hero,
and basically take the piss, which is nice

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal