collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: We've not had a Martin O'Neill argument in ages...  (Read 49936 times)

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: We've not had a Martin O'Neill argument in ages...
« Reply #330 on: November 24, 2014, 11:49:46 PM »
So the people who blame MON, prefer to believe he didn't get a pay out, but agreed a settlement.

The people who blame Randy, believe MON got a pay out.

I wonder how much his settlement was worth?

How in God's name can you blame anyone but O'Neill for the way and in particular the timing of when he walked out?
He was forced out by Randy changing the parameters, ergo constructive dismissal.

No he was not forced out. For the first time he was being asked to do the job without a completely free hand in everything from transfer budget to appointing the club's administrative staff. In other words he was being asked to do the same as every other manager in the league, and every other Villa manager in history. Rather than carry on doing the job for which he was very well paid, and in which he had been given almost total support by everyone from owner to supporters, he walked out. And he didn't just walk out; he walked out at a time purposely designed to cause maximum inconvenience and, almost uniquely, took his backroom staff with him. 

He also left the same time Lerner decided to reign in the spending (which started the decline of Aston Villa), let's not forget that, Dave.

We were still spending a decent amount a full year after he left, Bent came in for 24m and then N'zogbia plus a few others so 40m was spent pretty quickly after he left even if a lot of it was from the Milner sale.

My backing for Randy continued until that fateful day he sanctioned the appointment of Alex McLeish.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #331 on: November 25, 2014, 04:14:58 AM »
We all know when MON left but still no clearer as to the why. My feeling is we shall probably never know the truth, unless he publishes an autobiography at the end of his career.

I am in a minority on here as I genuinely don't know if it was a calculated plan by MON to cause maximum damage or rather if there had been a straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back moment that week.

I met some lawyers who represent Randy a couple of months ago ( have known them 2 years but didn't realise they represented Randy). Their colleagues managed the case v MON in 2010 but they were revealing nothing to me. All they would divulge was that they also represent Abramovic and that Randy's wealth is equivalent to Abramovis's weekly expenditure on Hobnobs.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #332 on: August 11, 2020, 06:46:30 PM »
Apparently it's been 10 years since he walked out on us. How time flies.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #333 on: August 11, 2020, 06:58:49 PM »
Villa Memories for this? I like arguing, as you know, but CBA discussing this bellend again.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #334 on: August 11, 2020, 07:04:58 PM »
I'd rather not be reminded of the shit-storm the pube-headed Judas created.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #335 on: August 11, 2020, 07:09:16 PM »
Villa Memories for this? I like arguing, as you know, but CBA discussing this bellend again.

Something we agree on!

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #336 on: August 11, 2020, 07:10:23 PM »
He can fuck off that Stoke game alone - and fuck you Glenn Whelan if you’re reading. ( BTW thanks for the Preston penalty)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #337 on: August 11, 2020, 07:42:19 PM »

Something we agree on!

😁

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #338 on: August 12, 2020, 11:35:03 AM »
He can fuck off that Stoke game alone - and fuck you Glenn Whelan if you’re reading. ( BTW thanks for the Preston penalty)

I've said before that Villa's decline started with Glenn Whelan scoring that goal for Stoke and effectively ended with the penalty miss v Preston.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #339 on: August 14, 2020, 06:11:40 PM »
That is a great shout!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal