collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:16:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sir William Dugdale dies  (Read 8038 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Sir William Dugdale dies
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2014, 03:38:07 PM »
RIP.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2014, 06:44:57 PM »
The stories about the replayed semi in the League Cup at Highbury got me thinking.  I was there, I can remember the goals vividly and the noise our lot made but, for the life of me I cannot remember how the hell we got there.  Did we (mate and I) travel by car, train or coach? I just don't know.  The wife will be taking me to the toilet next.  Anyway, back on topic, RIP Sir William.

I also remember playing someone, I think it might have been QPR at Highfield road back in the late 70's in a cup competition, I remember being there can't recall the score or why it was played at a neutral ground

Crystal Palace in 1978-79. League  Cup second replay.

Thanks Dave I'd forgot on most of that

And RIP Mr Dugdale

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2014, 09:58:41 PM »
The stories about the replayed semi in the League Cup at Highbury got me thinking.  I was there, I can remember the goals vividly and the noise our lot made but, for the life of me I cannot remember how the hell we got there.  Did we (mate and I) travel by car, train or coach? I just don't know.  The wife will be taking me to the toilet next.  Anyway, back on topic, RIP Sir William.

I also remember playing someone, I think it might have been QPR at Highfield road back in the late 70's in a cup competition, I remember being there can't recall the score or why it was played at a neutral ground

Crystal Palace in 1978-79. League  Cup second replay.

Thanks Dave I'd forgot on most of that

And RIP Mr Dugdale

I was at that game and jolly good it was too.

I remember Burridge getting pelters from the Villa fans and most notably, the crowd was actually higher than Coventry's average home gate ( though to be fair it was quite early in the season, and their average gate may have improved).

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 10:25:30 AM »
League Cup 2nd replay, Monday 16th October 1978 a 7.30pm kick off and 0-0 with a crowd of over 33,000.

Coventry City's average attendance in 1978...just over 22,000

UTV
The Doc

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2014, 03:22:55 PM »
Aston Villa: Prime Minister pays his respects to his uncle - 'chairman of the world's greatest football club'

David Cameron today paid his respects to his uncle – former Aston Villa chairman Sir William Dugdale – after rushing from making a key speech on immigration to be on time.

The Prime Minister told the audience at JCB’s Rocester headquarters that Sir William was “much-loved” and “chairman of the world’s greatest football club, Aston Villa”.

Sir William, in charge at Villa Park from 1975 to 1982, also fought at Monte Cassino, one of the bloodiest battles of the Second World War, and was a jockey in the Grand National.

He was responsible for turning the Prime Minister into a supporter of the club when he took him to a match as a teenager.

Sir William, who was awarded the Military Cross for outstanding bravery under fire, died earlier this month aged 92

Soldier , Jockey & Chairman of " The Worlds Greatest Football Club " RIP Sir William ....................Godzvilla!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal