collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: West Ham v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 38411 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
West Ham v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread
« on: November 03, 2014, 02:51:57 PM »
I have never done one of these before, but after my first hair cut since the morning we lost to Arsenal almost re-set the balance, only to be cruelly snatched by refereeing incompetence, I think doing one of these threads will be enough to appease the footballing gods.

Nailed on, put you house on it, Ads' guaranteed Villa win. We will also score more than one goal, fancy that? We get a result here when we need it and I think we need one now.

Allardyce to moan like billio about how they did this and that in his post-match interview.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: West Ham v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 02:53:07 PM »
We need a poll don't we?

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 02:55:04 PM »
West Ham to win fairly comfortably. We are too defensive and not very good at that, we concede far too much possession to teams and we create barely anything going forward, especially as Benteke is going to be suspended. I think anyone else would get better out of this squad of players and use them better but we are talking about Paul Lambert. It hurts like hell but I see only more misery here. 0-2 defeat.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 02:56:21 PM »
We'll score and throw it away, much to the delight of the fat Essex wannabe cockneys who like to stand in the corner and stare at away fans.

Wasn't it this time last year we played them? when Villa fans didn't hear the minute's silence and got panned by the media? 

Offline Ads

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 02:57:03 PM »
2nd November in a thrilling 0-0. 

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 02:58:15 PM »
2nd November in a thrilling 0-0. 

That's the one.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 02:59:24 PM »
We'll score and throw it away, much to the delight of the fat Essex wannabe cockneys who like to stand in the corner and stare at away fans.

I was there a couple of season's ago when Gabby got the winner with an header and there was one very fat cockney with sunglasses who didn't seem to be watching the game because everytime we glanced over, he was staring at he away end. It was bizzare.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 03:00:43 PM »
We haven't won there since 2011, Gabby scored both I do believe - or did Bent score as well? I know Gabby's was a 90th minute winner. Lambert's first match in that disgusting green away kit was a 0-1 at Upton Park, Nolan for them.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
I went for Aston Villa, still with all the crap going on they are my two favourite words!

Offline Ads

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 03:01:37 PM »
You need to watch you're self Clampy, those seven or eight fat bastards on the Chicken Run are pwopa nawty geezers.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 03:01:53 PM »
"We started the game really well but we just never really created as much as we wanted to.

I couldn't fault the effort. We will pick ourselves up and go again. There is a long way to go and we'll see what happens.

I have great belief in [the players]. They will do fine. If we can stick together and the fans stick with us we'll be OK."

Paul Lambert in 2014? Nope, these are his comments from his very first match. He's pretty much said the same thing ever since.

Offline Ads

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 03:03:14 PM »
In fairness, we've only played them twice since the Houllier game, lost one and drawn one.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 03:04:21 PM »
Us to win 3-0, me to scoop the lotto jackpot and then celebrate a fine day by having a night in with Andrea Corr and Cheryl Cole.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 03:08:49 PM »
this is a game I suffer from more than most, as some of my neighbours are season ticket holders and when we have beaten them they are nowhere to be seen but you can bet your last half a fucking sixpence they will want to "chat" about the game for weeks.

...oh and that fat looking chicken impersonating freak Nolan always scores against us...oh and the obligatory, "wee whun da wurld cap" bollox they nicked from a TV actor who played Alf Garnett, a Spurs fan I believe....

I could go on

we are not very good, they are.....heart says 4 nil Villa win - head says 3 nil loss :(

UTV
The Doc
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 03:11:46 PM by Dr Butler »

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 03:14:00 PM »
Us to win 3-0, me to scoop the lotto jackpot and then celebrate a fine day by having a night in with Andrea Corr and Cheryl Cole.
2 out of 3 are quite possible.
Villa to win 3-0 away though, you must be quite mental !!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal